DiRT Rally - Enhanced Camera Control Mod

DiRT Rally DiRT Rally - Enhanced Camera Control Mod 4.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
Tommi-TAG updated DiRT Rally - Enhanced Camera Control Mod with a new update entry:

Ver.4.1 Update - Added 2 new cars according to "Winter Wonderland and Version 1.0 update"

Ver.4.1 Update (Summary)
- Added 2 new cars (2010s Class) according to the official "Winter Wonderland and Version 1.0 update" (7/12/2015) by Codemasters.

Volkswagen Polo Rally
Hyundai Rally

- Added "FOV 55.0-70.0" package.
Now, this Mod fully supports the default FOV range (FOV 30.0-70.0).
(Thanks to linus noren for the suggestion.)

- Adjusted the base camera positions of "FOV 25.0-35.0" & "FOV...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hello.
Sorry to keep you waiting.
I've updated the Mod according to the official "Winter Wonderland and Version 1.0 update" by Codemasters.

The main points of this update are as follows.

- Added the files for 2 new cars (2010s Class).

Volkswagen Polo Rally
Hyundai Rally

- Added "FOV 55.0-70.0" package.
Now, this Mod fully supports the default FOV range (FOV 30.0-70.0).
(Thanks to linus noren for the suggestion.)

- Adjusted the base camera positions of "FOV 25.0-35.0" & "FOV 35.0-45.0" packages.

I wanted to add a tutorial "How to create Co-Driver's Side Cam" in the Readme. But already lots of information in the Readme, and I could not add it this time. I'm sorry.
But thanks again to bogani for the idea.

I've tested all files. But there might be some oversights, and please let me know if there's any problem. I'll fix it asap.
Thank you. :)

Thanks Tommi! Just got the message that this was updated. I downloaded, installed and been playing the past 15-20 minutes without issue. Excellent work! I've also been checking out the new FOV range and as someone who is sensitive to motion sickness (usually due to low FOV), this is a very welcome addition :D

Thanks Tommi! Just got the message that this was updated. I downloaded, installed and been playing the past 15-20 minutes without issue. Excellent work! I've also been checking out the new FOV range and as someone who is sensitive to motion sickness (usually due to low FOV), this is a very welcome addition :D
Thanks for your feedback, SiddVicious.
I'm glad to hear the new files worked. :)

Codemasters used around FOV 47.5-52.5 for "Head-Cam" in the initial release version of this game, and I used almost the same FOV range in this Mod at the start. And thanks to the feedback from the community, I could expand the FOV range step by step.

I've not thought of the "Motion Sickness" about this game. Thanks for letting me know the point.
I myself sometimes experience the motion sickness in some FPS/TPS games because of very low FOV, and know it's very important. I'm glad if the higher FOV package could be useful to improve the gameplay. :)
Thanks again!

Great work Tommi!! Nice, will try it later but as usual, will be no problem!
Thank you, astro83! :)
I've spent most of my development time on the tarmac. And without your feedback, I might not have noticed the flickering issue.
I think this Mod was developed by the community. And thanks again for your continued support! :)

Last edited:
Wonderful! Thank you!
Thank you, John! :)
Thanks to your encouragement, I could continue the development until Codemasters Version 1.0 release.
And it was a great experience for me to develop the Mod for an Early Access title with community. I'm grateful I could share the development time with you and everyone! :)

Hey great mod! Any way to allow movement in the hood or bumper cams? I wish I knew how to do this by editing.

Also, it would be interesting to be able to use the hood/bumper audio inside the car, but i'm not sure whether that exists in the cam files.

Hey great mod! Any way to allow movement in the hood or bumper cams? I wish I knew how to do this by editing.

Also, it would be interesting to be able to use the hood/bumper audio inside the car, but i'm not sure whether that exists in the cam files.
Thank you, robnitro. :)
"Head-Cam" and "Dash-Cam" use (almost) the same format. And you can copy the Head-Cam's movements to Dash-Cam.
Please try this way.

1) Pleaes convert "cameras.xml" to "cameras.txt" with BinXML.
You can download it from here. (My upload. Thanks to Fergo for this tool.)

http://www.mediafire.com/download/3ub9daj31gwi2l1/BinXML_1_1.zip

2) Next, you can find the following sections in "cameras.txt".

<View type="Head" ident="head-cam" reverseCamera="head-cam_reverse" hidden="false" spectator="false" isEyefinitySafe="false" renderParticlesBeforeGrass="false" freeLookAllowed="true" transitionType="switch" transitionDuration="0.0000" transitionStrength="0.0000">
<Parameter name="isHidden" type="bool" value="false" />
<Parameter name="isLocked" type="bool" value="false" />
<Parameter name="isSpectator" type="bool" value="false" />
---

<Parameter name="position" type="vector3" x="**" y="**" z="**" />
---
<Parameter name="seatingMinPositionOffsetY" type="scalar" value="**" />
<Parameter name="seatingMaxPositionOffsetY" type="scalar" value="**" />
<Parameter name="seatingMinPositionOffsetZ" type="scalar" value="**" />
<Parameter name="seatingMaxPositionOffsetZ" type="scalar" value="**" />
<Parameter name="seatingMinPositionTilt" type="scalar" value="**" />
<Parameter name="seatingMaxPositionTilt" type="scalar" value="**" />

---
<Parameter name="sameSpeedForPostProcess" type="bool" value="true" />
<Parameter name="postProcessMinSpeed" type="scalar" value="0.0000" />
<Parameter name="postProcessMaxSpeed" type="scalar" value="0.0000" />
</HighSpeedEffect>

</View>

<View type="Head" ident="dash-cam" reverseCamera="dash-cam_reverse" hidden="false" spectator="false" isEyefinitySafe="false" renderParticlesBeforeGrass="false" freeLookAllowed="true" transitionType="switch" transitionDuration="0.0000" transitionStrength="0.0000">
<Parameter name="isHidden" type="bool" value="false" />
<Parameter name="isLocked" type="bool" value="false" />
<Parameter name="isSpectator" type="bool" value="false" />
---

<Parameter name="position" type="vector3" x="**" y="**" z="**" />
---
<Parameter name="seatingMinPositionOffsetY" type="scalar" value="**" />
<Parameter name="seatingMaxPositionOffsetY" type="scalar" value="**" />
<Parameter name="seatingMinPositionOffsetZ" type="scalar" value="**" />
<Parameter name="seatingMaxPositionOffsetZ" type="scalar" value="**" />
<Parameter name="seatingMinPositionTilt" type="scalar" value="**" />
<Parameter name="seatingMaxPositionTilt" type="scalar" value="**" />

---
<Parameter name="sameSpeedForPostProcess" type="bool" value="true" />
<Parameter name="postProcessMinSpeed" type="scalar" value="0.0000" />
<Parameter name="postProcessMaxSpeed" type="scalar" value="0.0000" />
</HighSpeedEffect>

</View>

3) Copy "Blue" section (Head-Cam) and paste it to "Red" section (Dash-Cam) and overwrite it. But please don't change the "Black" lines.

5) Save "cameras.txt".

6) Then, convert "cameras.txt" to "cameras.xml" with BinXML.

That's it.

I'm not sure whether it's possible to do the same for "Bumper-Cam". But "compare the parameters and copy them from Head-Cam to Bumper" might work. Please try it.

On the other hand, "cameras.xml" files have nothing to do with the sounds.
I'm sorry, I could not help you about that. But I hope you can find the way.

Last edited:
This mod is absolutely excellent, i can now get to the exact position i want however i have one small problem, when you got to the daily live events the cam resets and 5 seconds on the start line is not enough time to get back that perfect position is there a way to solve this.

@Tomm-TAG - thank you so much for the work on this mod. I got into DR only in last few weeks and your mod has really enhanced the experience, when I was able to take dash cam back deeper in the car and mix both immersion of cockpit view together with HUD showing speed in kmh :)

I like it so much that efter recent update I decided to withhold from driving new cars until I have your update for them.:p

This mod is absolutely excellent, i can now get to the exact position i want however i have one small problem, when you got to the daily live events the cam resets and 5 seconds on the start line is not enough time to get back that perfect position is there a way to solve this.

When you enable manual launch control you have all the time you want at the start. Countdown wont start until you push the handbrake button.

ahh thank you never thought of that :)
Thanks for your kind comment and feedback, dynt.
Thanks to Tomi's information, we can get enough time to adjust the camera with "Manual Launch Control". :)

By the way, I've tested by myself, and the Mod worked for me.
We can test "Daily Live" once a day (on one Steam account), and I've captured a video to show the steps.
I'm not sure the cause of your issue. But please let me know if you have any further problem.

@Tomm-TAG - thank you so much for the work on this mod. I got into DR only in last few weeks and your mod has really enhanced the experience, when I was able to take dash cam back deeper in the car and mix both immersion of cockpit view together with HUD showing speed in kmh :)

I like it so much that efter recent update I decided to withhold from driving new cars until I have your update for them.:p
Thanks for your kind words, Piotr.
Codemasters added "Seat Adjustment" in their previous official update, and I could enhance it. All thanks to Codemasters.
I myself am a camera Modding fan because it sometimes changes the gaming experience. And I'm glad if this Mod could improve the gameplay and its experience. Therefore, I'm really grateful to your feedback.
Thanks again. :)

When you enable manual launch control you have all the time you want at the start. Countdown wont start until you push the handbrake button.
Thanks for the information, Tomi.
I could find the option in "Preferences - Automatic Launch Control On/Off".
It's very useful, and I'd like to use it when necessary.
Thanks again. :)

No seat adjustment works, because its "mounted" camera.
But it's nice to see that I can make the camera high.
Just strange thing with the bumper cam- it's useless so I figure to make it into like bonnet cam but higher.
However, no matter what I copy from bonnet, it won't show the car itself, like an invisible view!

Any tips, a script to modify many files quickly? I might write one...

No seat adjustment works, because its "mounted" camera.
But it's nice to see that I can make the camera high.
Just strange thing with the bumper cam- it's useless so I figure to make it into like bonnet cam but higher.
However, no matter what I copy from bonnet, it won't show the car itself, like an invisible view!

Any tips, a script to modify many files quickly? I might write one...

Please edit your favorite cameras. There are no shortcuts in modding. :)

Great mod. really like it. one question. Can you make a mod that lets us look behind us. but i want to be able to see the car somehow. if from the roof. or to be able to look back and see through the back window and be able to see some of the car also. is this possible. i noticed when people use vr headsets they get to see a good amount of the car. in some games ive even seen people look behind and see the whole car from inside. in a rally game its not really going to be very helpful but it really gives you a feeling of being inside that car i hate it when they give you a rear view and you cant see the car. can you do this pls. :) thx. Would be really cool

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • More leagues

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Prizes

• Trophies

• Forum trophies

Votes: 0 0.0%