DiRT Rally - Enhanced Camera Control Mod

DiRT Rally DiRT Rally - Enhanced Camera Control Mod 4.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
Tommi-TAG submitted a new resource:

DiRT Rally - Alternative Camera Pack - Alternative Camera Pack for "DiRT Rally" by Codemasters.

Features
(1) Alternative Camera Pack for "DiRT Rally" by Codemasters.
This camera pack is base on the same concept which I released for Milestone's "WRC series" before.

http://www.nogripracing.com/details.php?filenr=36747
http://www.nogripracing.com/details.php?filenr=36784

This Camera Pack includes the following cameras.

a-1. Close Cockpit Camera
- Moved the seat forward to the position where the player still can...

Read more about this resource...

Ignore Igor, he has got a flea in his bonnet about any changes to default game for some reason.

He has moaned on a number of Mod threads and posted Codies Wheel Settings again then waffles about wheel rotation without any understanding about it as far as I can see.

Not seen artifacts or issues with your cams either, its his problem.

Thanks for your kind consideration, Deyrick.
I know everyone has likes and dislikes, and don't mind it at all.
The good news for me is there seems to be no problem with this mod.
Once again, thank you very much for your feedback! :)

Hello there.
Thanks for all your support, everyone. :)

This time, I uploaded a new Test File of this Mod.
This Test File includes the following 2 new cameras.
(Currently, only a file for "Lancia Delta HF Integrale".)

** Download ***
http://www.mediafire.com/download/w0iv9mt7lpm5rpb/DiRT+Rally+Alt+Camera+Pack+Test+File.7z

(1) Center Dash Camera (replaces the Dash Cam)
(Thanks to "parginos" for his suggestion.)

* Additional Note *
This time, in-game "Camera Field of View 0.0-1.0" setting (in "Preferences" menu) works for the Dash Cam, too. Please try it. :)

(Thanks to "MrPix" and "OmaOhneBH" for sharing the information on the Codemasters Official Forum.)

FOV 0.0
previe10.jpg

FOV 1.0

previe11.jpg

(2) Cockpit Camera - Far (replaces the Cockpit Cam)
Moved the seat backward to the position where the player can see the both sides of the windshield.
(Thanks to "samekyo" for his suggestion.)

I moved the camera backward to the limit because of the position of the driver's body.

FOV 0.0
previe12.jpg

FOV 1.0
previe13.jpg

If there is any problem, please let me know.
And any suggestion or feedback would be appreciated.
Thank you! :)

Last edited:
Hello! The "further back" camera looks perfect on Your sample screnshots! I just tried Your test file, but I am having a strange issue. In my case, if I choose a 1.0 FOV, I still see what You presented on Your 0.0 FOV sample screenshot. Obviously my 0.0 looks even closer. I am running 1920x1200, maybe that messes it up?

Thx for your effort bud,
I like the 0.0 FOV and the center cam, I dont like to see so much the wheel cause of the wrong degrees movement.
Keep it up bro. :thumbsup:
Thanks for your reply, parginos.
And thank you for your time to test my file and gave me advices via PM. Your support was very helpful indeed. I'll add this "Center Cockpit Cam" in the next update.
Thanks again! :)

Hello! The "further back" camera looks perfect on Your sample screnshots! I just tried Your test file, but I am having a strange issue. In my case, if I choose a 1.0 FOV, I still see what You presented on Your 0.0 FOV sample screenshot. Obviously my 0.0 looks even closer. I am running 1920x1200, maybe that messes it up?
Thanks for your reply, samekyo.
And thanks for taking your time to test my file. I'm glad to hear the far cam is just what you want. :)
Yes, you are right. The game cuts off the both sides of the 16:9 screen and displays it as 16:10 like this pic.

previe14.jpg

It is the reason I wrote "optimized for 16:9 aspect ratio single monitor" in the Readme.

The solution is to play with 16:9 resolution.
And another solution is to increase the range of the FOV. I've edited "Test File 2" and upload it here.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/5wx5eoleexxia61/DiRT+Rally+Alt+Camera+Pack+Test+File+02.7z

In this file, I increased the range from "5" to "10". I think the both sides of the windshield can be displayed on 16:10 monitor, too.
The problem is we can see the driver's body when the player looks down. But I think the player rarely looks down while driving. :roflmao:
Please try this one and let me know if it works. Thanks again for your feedback! :)

Yeah, I read the readme and this is what led me to think my aspec ratio is the issue :) With Your fix it works just perfect, so thank You once again for Your work!

Thank you, samekyo.
Thanks to your suggestion and feedback, we could find the better solution! :thumbsup:
I'll look further into this and find the better "Far Camera" position and FOV range for each car & both monitors.
Thanks again! :)

Ignore Igor, he has got a flea in his bonnet about any changes to default game for some reason.

He has moaned on a number of Mod threads and posted Codies Wheel Settings again then waffles about wheel rotation without any understanding about it as far as I can see.

Not seen artifacts or issues with your cams either, its his problem.

Dear anonymous, next time do not delete my real account ok?
Behind I have 30 plus years of PC, console and videogames without neglecting various programs, this hack as mentioned in my previous message is deleted valid, but we must consider that changing the relative zoom and fov a game still beta, very bad influence on colors, lighting, aspect ratio and so on, especially in the reflections distorted and unnatural windshield.
Igor

Hello, there.
I edited several replay camera setting for "GRID Autosport" before, and converted them to "DiRT Rally" to test how it works this time.

<My old post - Calsonic Skyline GT-R JTC (1990) #12 Team IMPUL>
http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/calsonic-skyline-gt-r-jtc-1990-12-team-impul.5009/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpuDOTm65uE

My friend mesa had the same idea, and I edited this video.
(Thank you mesa for his suggestion. :))

<Credit - Skin>
Thanks to mesa for "Lancia Integrale Marlboro Rallye Team" skin.
http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/lancia-integrale-marlboro-rallye-team.6124/

This video is to test how it works at the moment. It needs more work.

- The time of the in-car cam is a bit too long. Normal on-board cam (seeing ahead) might be better?
- Roof Cam's positon & FOV
- "Camera Shake" value (etc.)

Of course, first of all, DiRT Rally is still in the early stage of the development, and we can request the dev to improve the replays (more track side cams etc.).
(And also, I have to complete the basic Cockpit, Dash & Hood cameras first.)
And if it's worth doing, I/we will try some replay cams modding next.
Any suggestion would be appreciated. :)
Thank you.

Last edited:
replay cam should be all about external world, you've seen inside or bonnet while playing the stage, now you want to see what it looked like to a spectator. the old mcrae titles had great outside cams in replay, heaven knows why it was changed. also: who needs the co speaking in replay?
Hi, Eckhart von Glan.
Thanks for your reply. And I agree with you. :)

In the video above, I simply showed what we can do by editing the "cameras.xml" file(s).
And watching the video, I/we realize there are few track side cameras and "We need more".

I've also been playing CMR & DiRT series since the first CMR 1 and know the old titles had/have better replays.
Fortunately, Codemasters opened up a "Suggestion Box" on the official forum. And I found a thread talking about this topic.

Codemasters Official Forum: TV Replay (only from track ,outside the car)
http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/6120/tv-replay-only-from-track-outside-the-car#latest

Of course, I've voted "Yes" and would like to post my comment later.
Thank you! :)

Last edited:
Dear anonymous, next time do not delete my real account ok?
Behind I have 30 plus years of PC, console and videogames without neglecting various programs, this hack as mentioned in my previous message is deleted valid, but we must consider that changing the relative zoom and fov a game still beta, very bad influence on colors, lighting, aspect ratio and so on, especially in the reflections distorted and unnatural windshield.
Igor

Not sure who anonymous is supposed to be, I do not think your translate software is doing a very good job, why is it putting "delete" in messages when it is obviously the wrong word.

I have not deleted your real account (whatever that means), maybe it was anonymous??.

As I and others have said, this and other mods have no ill effects on our graphics, ever thought its your system or settings.
If you are so anti and against tweaks and mods why are you trying them in the first place.

Will you be updating this for Pikes Peak cars? :)
Thanks for your message, John. And I'm sorry for the delay.
I've been working on the update for over a month. This time, I added alt. FOV for "Dash Cam" (FOV 45.5, 47.5, 50.0, 52.5, 55.0) and overhauled the Mod. I had to edit and test 220 files including the new cars, and it took more time than expected.
But the Mod is almost done. And I'm checking the final details now. Hope I can release the update this weekend or until early next week. Sorry for the inconvenience. Please give me some more time.
Thank you. :)

Tommi-TAG updated DiRT Rally - Alternative Camera Pack with a new update entry:

Ver.2.0 Update - Added "Hillclimb" Class Cars and other major updates

Ver.2.0 Updates (summary)
- Added the files of "Hillclimb" Class Cars (26/05/2015 Official Update).

- Added the following cameras.
Head Camera - Default
Center Camera (right in the middle position)

- Added the alternative FOV of the "Dash Camera" (choose and replace manually).
Dash Camera - FOV 45.5, 47.5, 50.0, 52.5, 55.0

- Changed the Adjustable FOV range of each camera.

Head Camera - Default: FOV Min 45.0 - Max 52.0
Head Camera...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hello.
Thanks for downloading and the support. :)
I've updated the Mod and uploaded the new version.
I tested the Mod as much as I could. But if there is any problem, please let me know. I'll fix it as soon as possible. And any suggestion or feedback would be appreciated.
Thank you. :)

(P.S.)
I'm now working on the "Wide Cam". I'll post it here when it's done (separately from the main Mod).

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 86 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 123 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 170 14.7%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 321 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 455 39.3%