Resource icon

Database Decreased Tyre Wear + 10x Flashback 1.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
I tried that and it might have made a slight difference but not to much and I still want it to be real eg lotus better then Mercedes etc I play with a game pad so the wheel spin can be terrible last cnr at sepang was especially bad killed the options

I tried that and it might have made a slight difference but not to much and I still want it to be real eg lotus better then Mercedes etc I play with a game pad so the wheel spin can be terrible last cnr at sepang was especially bad killed the options

You know, modifying the front and rear tyre wear had no effect for me. Well, I'm driving a Force India, but still. The problem here is the track tyre wear level, not the tyres themselves. I'm currently testing sepang too, seems like tyre wear is high on the track. If you're interested, change the track tyre wear to -0.625, -0.3125 and -0.15625, then go to track model and change the tyre wear of sepang from 3 or 2 or which one it is to 1. (though that might make the AI still stay on track longer, so, I also advise to change in the tyres tab, max distance to half the default values.)

One question:

If you change the values from "rear_tyre_wear" and "front_tyre_wear" does this affect your team mate? Or only affects you?

If I reduce these values to reduce my tyre wear, in races where the AI make 2 stops (for example...), perhaps my team mate will make only one... because of the better wear... Does anyone have tested this situation?

Thanks in advance for answer! ;)

One question:

If you change the values from "rear_tyre_wear" and "front_tyre_wear" does this affect your team mate? Or only affects you?

If I reduce these values to reduce my tyre wear, in races where the AI make 2 stops (for example...), perhaps my team mate will make only one... because of the better wear... Does anyone have tested this situation?

Thanks in advance for answer! ;)

The AI doesn't have tyre wear, they pit based on an algorithm that uses the max_distance value.

Well, here's another interesting one. It's not the -0.625 value that has the least tyre wear, but the -0.15625 value. In Sepang, making the tyre wear of that value gives you options that last the whole race. The middle value gives you a 2 pit stop race and the -0.625 value gives you a 3 pit stop race. So, mind blow here, the closer the value is to 0 the lower the tyre wear... Wow... Well, time to redo all my tests with values closer to 0.

Well, here's another interesting one. It's not the -0.625 value that has the least tyre wear, but the -0.15625 value. In Sepang, making the tyre wear of that value gives you options that last the whole race. The middle value gives you a 2 pit stop race and the -0.625 value gives you a 3 pit stop race. So, mind blow here, the closer the value is to 0 the lower the tyre wear... Wow... Well, time to redo all my tests with values closer to 0.

So I try to enter the values if you are calculating

(value tires database)*(0.25)?

thanks

I changed Melbourne level from 3 to 2 in track_car_handling and managed to get more than 7 laps on Super Soft tyres which were supposed to last for 5.3 laps. I did this on keyboard and using the original db values for tyres etc and 50% distance.

Good work guys

Getting by at the moment by playing with the default max distance values multiplied by 0.62. Did a 50% gp and the ai stopped around the same time as when my tyres started to go off.

If you lower the max distance value too much some cars won't stop at all, for example Williams seems to be set as the hardest on tyres and when I multiplied by 0.60 and chose them for abu dhabi gp (I think this is the track hardest on tyres in game) they had no suggested scheduled stops at all. When changed to 0.62 they had 4.

Last edited:
so that values advice to change to make sure that the tires will last a 25-30% more?
I've tried everything, but nothing seems to work during my career
I apologize for my bad english
Well, from my first run (I had to restart the career) I remember Melbourne track having been harsher on my tyres. It seems to work on my car, but I can't really say about AI, I guess their tyre-wear adjustments must be made in other files, I don't think it can be done in db.

Well, from my first run (I had to restart the career) I remember Melbourne track having been harsher on my tyres. It seems to work on my car, but I can't really say about AI, I guess their tyre-wear adjustments must be made in other files, I don't think it can be done in db.
I hope I'm wrong, but based on what I've looked at it seems AI tyre wear won't be possible at all in this game. Our only hope is fixing user tyre wear and adjusting the ai pit frequency accordingly.

Sepang test result, 100% race length:

Screenshot61395_zps02808268.png

As you can see, I had just started lap 21 and the tyres didn't hit red, their performance only got a bit lamer after lap 17 (which was supposed to be the pit lap for me). I guess I'm on a good path here. I'll test china again, just to make sure the new values didn't change something since the previous test, but, I doubt. And then the rest... I have a feeling I won't make it too far on Monaco. I really am awful on that track.

Sepang test result, 100% race length:

Screenshot61395_zps02808268.png

As you can see, I had just started lap 21 and the tyres didn't hit red, their performance only got a bit lamer after lap 17 (which was supposed to be the pit lap for me). I guess I'm on a good path here. I'll test china again, just to make sure the new values didn't change something since the previous test, but, I doubt. And then the rest... I have a feeling I won't make it too far on Monaco. I really am awful on that track.
career mode right?
you have to start a career to run the changes?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back