CPU Occupancy 95%

I know I shouldn't even be typing it, but I will still.

The game is doing you a favour by telling you that you are running at the max of your systems capabilities, meaning your memory is reaching max, your CPU and GPU. This causes exessive heat and heavy stress on your system running background apps. This can cause your system to shut down, due to heat or crash the application itself. It really is not a bug, it is just trying to warn you for issues that might accur and that it might be wise to tune some settings down so your playing experience will be better.

Run in lower settings or less AI to not put as much stress on your system, because your system is not optimized for the game settings you are using in any way or from. So this goes from AI to video settings.

Also don't forget that Assetto Corsa IS NOT READY, meaning it is not optimized and still to be finished to work better on a multiple of systems.

@Rix Mox

Please do not throw insults at people when all they're trying to do is help you.
If you're getting the CPU Occupancy Warning, it generally means that you're running against too many AI cars. Because the AI are not completely optimized, they take quite a toll on the CPU.

So the Warning you're seeing is very much a real thing and not a problem with the game at all.
Try racing against fewer cars, like 8-12, and if that's too many, then try even fewer.
If you can't race against at least 5 AI cars without getting the CPU warning or frame stuttering, then it's probably time to think about upgrading your CPU.

For further clarification, if you want to post your system specifications, that could help us pin point the problem.

Last edited:
@Rix Mox

Please do not throw insults at people when all they're trying to do is help you.
If you're getting the CPU Occupancy Warning, it generally means that you're running against too many AI cars. Because the AI are not completely optimized, they take quite a toll on the CPU.

So the Warning you're seeing is very much a real thing and not a problem with the game at all.
Try racing against fewer cars, like 8-12, and if that's too many, then try even fewer.
If you can't race against at least 5 AI cars without getting the CPU warning or frame stuttering, then it's probably time to think about upgrading your CPU.

For further clarification, if you want to post your system specifications, that could help us pin point the problem.

You do not understand that I'm an expert in hardware and I'm helping you and I'm explaining the problem is the game and its stupid illogical and ridiculous warning.
The game runs fine and my system is excellent and meets the recommended requirements, you should learn more and try to learn from people who really know.
Any Intel engineer will tell you that there is no problem with using the processor 95% or more. This is absolutely normal. You should read what I explained and learn from the help I'm giving you.

... I'm an expert in hardware
... the problem is the game and its stupid illogical and ridiculous warning.

I feel like those two statements contradict each other.

... The game runs fine and my system is excellent.

Well clearly that's not true, otherwise you wouldn't be getting the warning.

We're trying to help you solve the problem and you're being totally uncooperative.

I know I shouldn't even be typing it, but I will still.

The game is doing you a favour by telling you that you are running at the max of your systems capabilities, meaning your memory is reaching max, your CPU and GPU. This causes exessive heat and heavy stress on your system running background apps. This can cause your system to shut down, due to heat or crash the application itself. It really is not a bug, it is just trying to warn you for issues that might accur and that it might be wise to tune some settings down so your playing experience will be better.

Run in lower settings or less AI to not put as much stress on your system, because your system is not optimized for the game settings you are using in any way or from. So this goes from AI to video settings.

Also don't forget that Assetto Corsa IS NOT READY, meaning it is not optimized and still to be finished to work better on a multiple of systems.

That is not true, the game is only giving a warning about the processor usage and not on other components.
And what you say is just a myth, it is false that components damage for 100% use, are built for it and you pay for that. Ask Adobe programmers or another games.
And 100% CPU usage does not mean that the processor operating at a inappropriate temperature. In fact my i5 4670 does not exceed 59º C. Could operate at 80º and nothing would happen. But remember, is just a % CPU usage warning. LOL
I have programs that control the temperature of the components and Bios control, but they have the ability to disable the warnings.
Good for Kunos for the warning help, but they must implement a way to disable it (as in the own control programs or Bios) I should have the choice on how to use my own PC.

I've been helped from Mr. George
not 1 hour after posting some weeks back
The man is nothing but helpful and polite
Plus he knows tech big time that's a bonus for doofs like me!
Anyone who asks for help then ridicules you, they are not
worth the powder to blow them up
Maybe it's me only but to get help learning this sim is a gift of free time
Thanks for offering help to so many Mr. George

That is not true, the game is only giving a warning about the processor usage and not on other components.
And what you say is just a myth, it is false that components damage for 100% use, are built for it and you pay for that. Ask Adobe programmers or another games.
And 100% CPU usage does not mean that the processor operating at a inappropriate temperature. In fact my i5 4670 does not exceed 59º C. Could operate at 80º and nothing would happen. But remember, is just a % CPU usage warning. LOL
I have programs that control the temperature of the components and Bios control, but they have the ability to disable the warnings.
Good for Kunos for the warning help, but they must implement a way to disable it (as in the own control programs or Bios) I should have the choice on how to use my own PC.

Why are you using proprietary software like AC and windows then?

Have you checked tux racer for linux?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back