CPU Occupancy 95%

I just made an account to comment on this thread because it was slightly annoying me. Rix Mox is correct he is trying to tell you guys that and NONE of you will listen.

My specs are:
i7 - 4820k CPU overclocked @4.3 GHz
32.0 gb RAM
Geforce GTX titan black SLI
Running AC w/ 4096 x 2160 triple monitor

I aswell, am a hardware professional. I have worked with computers ever since the age of 3 and I have determined that this game is only using 1 specific core of your CPU. Any reason when I race by myself with no AI, all low settings with my setup, I can barely play after the first turn on EVERY MAP? I'd like someone to explain that to me please. I can easily play with a steady 60 fps with G-SYNC enabled and all max settings when I start the race, but when I take the FIRST TURN my pc crashes and it just freezes. Something is up, and if you think my computer cant run it, you need to open your eyes and realize it is something wrong with the game.

Hopefully this gets fixed! And please listen to Rix, he is really trying to help you, as I am having the same problem as him.

Ok in dunno but this works for some and it maybe in this thread but i not about to read every post.

Unpark your cores you can goggle to find out how to do it there several utilities to do it or if your tech savy more scripty ways of doing it.

Then in steam goto ac properties set launch options add:
-cpuCount=4 -exThreads=8 -high

and try running the game.

I just made an account to comment on this thread because it was slightly annoying me. Rix Mox is correct he is trying to tell you guys that and NONE of you will listen.

My specs are:
32.0 gb RAM

I aswell, am a hardware professional. I have worked with computers ever since the age of 3 and I have determined that this game is only using 1 specific core of your CPU. Any reason when I race by myself with no AI, all low settings with my setup, I can barely play after the first turn on EVERY MAP? I'd like someone to explain that to me please. I can easily play with a steady 60 fps with G-SYNC enabled and all max settings when I start the race, but when I take the FIRST TURN my pc crashes and it just freezes. Something is up, and if you think my computer cant run it, you need to open your eyes and realize it is something wrong with the game.

Hopefully this gets fixed! And please listen to Rix, he is really trying to help you, as I am having the same problem as him.

I'd be interested to know what monitors you are running since 4K panels run at 3840 x 2160, and not the industry standard 4096 x 2160 it's shot at... Also, what are you actually able to run at triple 4K on just two Titan Blacks? Nvidia themselves ran Dirt3, which almost takes nothing to run, at triple 4K with 3 of them, and it was struggling to stay above 30.

I think you can understand my confusion as I too have a 4820K, but with a measly 760, and only half of your RAM. Though with my hardware, I can maintain 1080p @ 60 with no issue. As you would like some clarification, I would too.

My specs are:
32.0 gb RAM

If the game was 100% responsible for causing freezes then we would ALL be getting the same issue since the game is the one constant among all of us, the variance among all of us is each individual PC we're using to run the game. I do not get any freezes, stutters, or other issues yet I run the same game as you do, correct?

i5 2500k @ 4.4GHz
16GB of 2133MHz memory
Two GTX 780s in SLI @ 1215MHz
2560X1600 resolution on a single 30" monitor

How are you and Rix helping me when I don't have any of the issues that you two have? if anything you should be happy if anyone here can help you since most here don't have any issues.

I'd be interested to know what monitors you are running since 4K panels run at 3840 x 2160, and not the industry standard 4096 x 2160 it's shot at... Also, what are you actually able to run at triple 4K on just two Titan Blacks? Nvidia themselves ran Dirt3, which almost takes nothing to run, at triple 4K with 3 of them, and it was struggling to stay above 30.

I think you can understand my confusion as I too have a 4820K, but with a measly 760, and only half of your RAM. Though with my hardware, I can maintain 1080p @ 60 with no issue. As you would like some clarification, I would too.

Stop arguing with him, he's a hardware professional and been working with computers since the age of 3. You are clearly out of your league here. ;)

There is certainly an issue with some systems which is a software issue:(,My quad core is un-parked and all four cores are running flat out with more than 12 AI on track,yet only 2.5 gig of ram is being used,I do find it an annoyance,but we are still in early access,so there are going to be bugs and glitches,
I have had AC since early access release so i have seen the development since the beginning,I'm sure by the time we get to 1,0 this problem will be a distant memory.
With early access the keyword is Patience;).
And don't forget to let the devs know you have an issue and what rig you are running. (On the AC forum:thumbsup:)

There is certainly an issue with some systems which is a software issue:(,My quad core is un-parked and all four cores are running flat out with more than 12 AI on track,yet only 2.5 gig of ram is being used,I do find it an annoyance,but we are still in early access,so there are going to be bugs and glitches,
I have had AC since early access release so i have seen the development since the beginning,I'm sure by the time we get to 1,0 this problem will be a distant memory.
With early access the keyword is Patience;).
And don't forget to let the devs know you have an issue and what rig you are running. (On the AC forum:thumbsup:)

Phil, Its only a software issue as it relates to your hardware though if everyone isn't experiencing the same issue.

Let me give you an example of a scenario so that my statement makes more sense and the reason why you can't always blame a piece of software when it could very well be your own hardware.

Let just say your PC plays a dozen games just fine, you assume nothing is wrong with your PC because you've played plenty of games without any issue, yet you play a very GPU and CPU intensive game and suddenly your PC locks up because your video card cooling or CPU cooling isn't quite good enough to keep the temps down due to this extreme stress the game places on it. So your PC freezes up or you get graphical glitches. Is it fair to blame the game because your PC runs a dozen other games fine but this ONE game causes your PC to freeze or have graphical glitches or would it be fair to say your hardware isn't 100% stable under every possible scenario and maybe its your cooling that needs addressing?

I realize this scenario isn't related to issues you're having, but my point still applies. Its very possible that variances in some people's hardware may be exposing the limits of their hardware in a game that is very GPU and CPU intensive. However, some people are quick to lay blame at the game instead of their own hardware becuase many people want to address that they may have to invest some time or money into resolving their own hardware issues.

Its only a software issue as it relates to YOUR hardware though if everyone isn't experienceing the same issue.

Let me give you an example of a scenario so that my statement makes more sense and the reason why you can't always blame a piece of software when it could very well be your own hardware.

Let just say your PC plays a dozen games just fine, you assume nothing is wrong with your PC because you've played plenty of games without any issue, yet you play a very GPU and CPU intensive game and suddenly your PC locks up because your video card cooling or CPU cooling isn't quite good enough to keep the temps down due to this extreme stress the game places on it. So your PC freezes up or you get graphical glitches. Is it fair to blame the game because your PC runs a dozen other games fine but this ONE game causes your PC to freeze or have graphical glitches or would it be fair to say your hardware isn't 100% stable under every possible scenario and maybe its your cooling that needs addressing?

I realize this scenario isn't related to issues you're having, but my point still applies. Its very possible that variances in some people's hardware may be exposing the limits of their hardware in a game that is very GPU and CPU intensive. However, some people are quick to lay blame at the game instead of their own hardware becuase many people want to address that they may have to invest some time or money into resolving their own hardware issues.

"Could be":unsure:,I know what you are saying and don't disagree,I'm not a software or hardware expert:D,I know there is an issue with my rig and AC,what the cause is i do not know:confused:,When i am fully informed as to what the issue actually is,it will be fixed,until then it's 10 opponents for me,I can live with that.And,for whatever reason MP is unaffected,so I'm happy for now,If we get to 1.0 and it's still an issue I will send a log report to kunos and they will identify my hardware issue,They're good like that:thumbsup:.But thanks for your comment,always good to have an open mind:thumbsup:,Cheers.

I've been experiencing this warning in odd places with the recent updates. I get it as soon as I load up a hotlap session or pretty much anything but the game runs fine and I rarely experience any slow down even with 20 AI on track with me. The only other warning I get is from windows trying to turn off aero due to resources. Seems to happen especially with modded tracks.

CPU:- i7 2600k | 16gb DDR3 RAM | Nvidia GTX 770 | 27" monitor 1900 x 1200

The game does seem to demand a lot of resources at start up but doesn't eat up anything extra once it's loaded. It's not affecting my gameplay so I don't worry about it too much.

Phil, I have been working with and building PC's for a long time, more than I care to admit. I've seen lots of issues over the years, hardware, software, and both related. I wouldn't rule out anything specific to someone's PC or even Assetto Corsa, after all it is still in development and clearly states so, but I don't think its fair for anyone to blame their specific issue on the game itself either when a problem doesn't appear to be widespread. in fairness, Assetto Corsa is one of the most GPU and CPU intensive games I've seen yet, it really pushes all hardware to the limts and can expose issues within a specific PC. Hardware drivers as well other applications running in the background of someone's PC can cause issues too. I've seen the Adobe Flash updater cause all kinds of problems for people, and some anti viruses, or anti malware programs, or other various programs that people have running in the background but never once thought it would be related to a gaming issue.

I even have my own specific hardware issues that come up occasionally. This isn't an example but a real issue I have between two of my PC's. both are using the same exact CPU and GPU, yet one of my PC's refuses to even launch one game that I have while the other runs its fine. How is this possible even though both PC's are setup practically identical down to the hardware, software, and drivers? But these things do happen and I'm not blaming the software for it. Clearly there is something uniquely different between my two PC's that's causing it and its on me to figure it out. I can't exactly blame the game when one of my PC's runs it just fine. Anyway, just wanted to let you know even the most experienced people still have some oddball issues, and it may not necessarily be game related, it can very well be hardware or OTHER software related.

I've been experiencing this warning in odd places with the recent updates. I get it as soon as I load up a hotlap session or pretty much anything but the game runs fine and I rarely experience any slow down even with 20 AI on track with me. The only other warning I get is from windows trying to turn off aero due to resources. Seems to happen especially with modded tracks.

CPU:- i7 2600k | 16gb DDR3 RAM | Nvidia GTX 770 | 27" monitor 1900 x 1200

The game does seem to demand a lot of resources at start up but doesn't eat up anything extra once it's loaded. It's not affecting my gameplay so I don't worry about it too much.

The Windows Aero issues is a widely known issue with Nvidia. I don't know why Nvidia still has this bug, its been around for well over a year or more and still pops up with each new driver release. Its mildly annoying but I've come to live with it. I don't know any solution until Nvidia fixes it other than to disable Windows Aero, which I don't really want to do.

I don't know any solution until Nvidia fixes it other than to disable Windows Aero, which I don't really want to do.
I don't know if disabling it is the right thing to do but I do it. Outside of games when aero is off I get awful vsync issues in windows itself.

At the moment I turn off my two other displays (it's not a 3 screen setup I just have 3 different screens plugged in, aero get's turned off and I make sure my wheel and pedals are recognised in devices, I've had controller settings get dropped if I don't do that. There's a few hoops to jump through to make sure everything runs smoothly but I don't mind that for now. It's almost like preparing a real race car because I have to remove all the equipment from my desk when I'm done.

I don't know if disabling it is the right thing to do but I do it. Outside of games when aero is off I get awful vsync issues in windows itself.

At the moment I turn off my two other displays (it's not a 3 screen setup I just have 3 different screens plugged in, aero get's turned off and I make sure my wheel and pedals are recognised in devices, I've had controller settings get dropped if I don't do that. There's a few hoops to jump through to make sure everything runs smoothly but I don't mind that for now. It's almost like preparing a real race car because I have to remove all the equipment from my desk when I'm done.

It won't hurt anything to disable Windows Aero. Its just a visual theme that makes Windows prettier. It made Windows look a bit more modern, similar to Apple's OS. There are even some third party applications like RadeonPro that will automatically shut down Windows Aero when you start a game which is pretty nice. Aero is known to eat up some GPU memory so that's why it can cause problems in games that are graphically intensive.

Last edited:
@Blkout
Thanks for changing my train of thought,I recently updated the gforce driver,so i checked the settings,which had changed back to default,so i set everything to performance mode,turned off windows aero and now i am able to race a full grid,I still get the warning,but no stutter,I will continue to go through my system looking for other possible conflicts,Once again thanks for an excellent informative post,Got me on the right track,Nice one:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 281 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 190 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 192 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 249 13.4%