CPU Occupancy 95%

For now disable python apps, or at least the non-native apps. Play fullscreen mode. If you minimize the game, then when you switch back to the game, press alt+enter to enter fullscreen mode, otherwise you're in windowed mode, which can ruin performance

In post processing effects, remove motion blur and depth of field. Also put smoke generation to very low. You can also try reflections low-static, or high-ultra, sometimes middle settings can have performance problems, but this is more for who has SLI/Crossfire cards.

Go to steam/steamapps/common/assettocorsa/system/cfg and open graphics.ini file. There change max frame latency to 1. Go to Nvidia and put per-rendered frames 0.

Is your disk usage high? Go to My PC - properties of your HDD(s) - tools - optimize - select your drive from the list and click Optimize. You should have 0% fragmented.

Other than that, for now run a race with 10-16 cars. For me it helps with fps performance, and is quite fun. Most of the times with 24 cars is boring.. but 10-12 cars on a track can make a close race, especially with GT2/3 cars.

For now disable python apps, or at least the non-native apps. Play fullscreen mode. If you minimize the game, then when you switch back to the game, press alt+enter to enter fullscreen mode, otherwise you're in windowed mode, which can ruin performance

In post processing effects, remove motion blur and depth of field. Also put smoke generation to very low. You can also try reflections low-static, or high-ultra, sometimes middle settings can have performance problems, but this is more for who has SLI/Crossfire cards.

Go to steam/steamapps/common/assettocorsa/system/cfg and open graphics.ini file. There change max frame latency to 1. Go to Nvidia and put per-rendered frames 0.

Is your disk usage high? Go to My PC - properties of your HDD(s) - tools - optimize - select your drive from the list and click Optimize. You should have 0% fragmented.

Other than that, for now run a race with 10-16 cars. For me it helps with fps performance, and is quite fun. Most of the times with 24 cars is boring.. but 10-12 cars on a track can make a close race, especially with GT2/3 cars.

Radus,
Thank you so much for replying and helping, I've been adjusting stuff, and reading sittings etc, just upgraded driver on gtx970 ,my cpu is 4690k, ( I think I said 4590)
( some threads on Google are saying the 900 series Nvidea has issues?,!)

I've just went in and had a quick try with 7 cars and mine, all looked good, and felt good, that's at 1920x1080.(that's my screen res also)
I just check F1 2013, that appears ok too, only done a lap.

So I think I'm getting there, in a F 1 in Asseto, ( FF1 2015) my wheel goes bananas at high speed? i have to hang on tight.

Ok I'm playing with stuff, will keep posted.

Vsync off, use frame limiter. For example 64, 65, 66 etc.. At 60 you get too much screen tearing. Without frame limiter, the graphic card will push too much unnecessarily.

Did you do the recommended tips from my post above? Go through all please, make sure you did that frame latency setting, and other stuff in game video options. Also watch out for disk usage/fragmentation; for more details read the post above.

About the ff1 '15 car, it has a very high strength at high speeds.. go into the data files for the mod and lower car's ffb/multiplier (force feedback).

Vsync off, use frame limiter. For example 64, 65, 66 etc.. At 60 you get too much screen tearing. Without frame limiter, the graphic card will push too much unnecessarily.

Did you do the recommended tips from my post above? Go through all please, make sure you did that frame latency setting, and other stuff in game video options. Also watch out for disk usage/fragmentation; for more details read the post above.

About the ff1 '15 car, it has a very high strength at high speeds.. go into the data files for the mod and lower car's ffb/multiplier (force feedback).
so with a 60hz screen, should i set around 58fps?
so its under the 60 mark?

No.. you want minimum 60. There are some discrepancies with the fps reported, for example if you lock it at 60, it reports 58. Or locking at 58 it reports lower etc.. This happened due to a game update against system overclocking that would mess up with lap times recorded and race start lights counter. So lock it at 64-66, depending how much screen tearing you see.

NVFORCE_5.jpg

Set here maximum pre-rendered frames to 0. You may want to do this just for Assetto Corsa by using "program settings", but first try in global settings. For other games leave it at 1 or 3.

Now in graphics.ini from game folder set it to 1. I've read in another post that for nvidia cards setting 0 in gpu driver, and 1 in game file gives more stable performance. It also minimizes input lag from controller.

Radu, my Nvidea control panel doesn't allow for 0
It has
use 3d application setting
.?
Also in control panel under first menu,
Adjust image setting with preview,
What should I selected? At moment it's "use the advance 3d settings" (middle option)

Nick.

Last edited:
Ok, so keep it at 1 in nvidia, and in game file graphics.ini let it at 0, and then test with 1 in game file, see if it makes a difference. For most games default 3 is good, but test this specific case with assetto corsa.

Radu,
1 lap F 1 , good, wheel moves a bit, but really good,.( I adjusted car FF ini, from 1.8 to 1.7)

BMW a race 7 opponents, 2 laps, really good.

That with all what you said above, I left FOV at 60degrees.

My antaliasing is max(4)
And antiscopic thingy is 16?

VSYNC off, but frame set to 66

Smoke normal, mirrors normal, high def in mirrors off.
Reflections high.(both)
Can't think what else, looks good again, no messages, and machine running cooler.

Nvidea control is set to 1, game graphic ini 1.

Lots of setting in Nvidea control panel? I won't touch though :)

Legend Radu, just for helping is so appreciated.i did also do something in steam , I turned off overlay thing?
Also updated the card driver from Nvidea, 256 mb download, via the Nvidea app, didn't see it load? Guess it did though.

Nick

I have this issue as well. Thanks for this thread. One thing I've noticed is that I can run max AI cars on Kunos tracks. It's when I use a user generated track that I get occupancy errors.

I have this issue as well. Thanks for this thread. One thing I've noticed is that I can run max AI cars on Kunos tracks. It's when I use a user generated track that I get occupancy errors.
Not an error...just an information from AC that your CPU is under heavy load...some modded race tracks and cars are not well optimized for AC and eat up more resources from your PC.
I have not seen that message since i`ve upgraded my PC...i have a i5 4440 CPU...not a top class CPU but it handles the game perfectly

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 80 12.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 58 9.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 65 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 39 6.1%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 92 14.5%