Cars Bizzarrini Manta (WIP)

Very nice wheels ! Now get basic interior and steering wheel and it is ready to get into AC ! :D

At first I didn't notice how much different rear rims are from fronts, very much differences.

Even more pictures now..

Joined the body and wheels together and a simple undercarriage is added. Additionally, the rear details are slowly (or actually, progress is going quite fast) taking shape, I highlighted these in the last picture of this batch. Enjoy!

pfhgF36.jpg

k3Aa2Jm.jpg

fNS8uIr.jpg

Xljca0r.jpg

This is looking really neat!
The door has a lot less polygons in comparaison of the body, it's not a deal breaker, but just check you have a continuity in reflection there :)
And as A3DR said, don't worry about polygon just now. It's easier to remove polygons than add them!

Can't wait to see first previews ingame!

What cars do you reckon it will have as fair opponent ingame?

This is looking really neat!
The door has a lot less polygons in comparaison of the body, it's not a deal breaker, but just check you have a continuity in reflection there :)
And as A3DR said, don't worry about polygon just now. It's easier to remove polygons than add them!

Can't wait to see first previews ingame!

What cars do you reckon it will have as fair opponent ingame?

We are aware of the fact that the door has less polygons atm, we will increase the amount and make it similar to the geometry of the body in order to keep reflections consistent. Thanks for the heads up though!

As soon as I have access to my desktop again, I will put the car ingame. Before that we will make some windows and such to make it look more recognizable in game.

Oppenents in the game.. it's a tough one. Giuseppe Abagnale is going to research into the car and can probably tell more about this when he has more information. What I think myself is that the Miura could be a good opponent for this car.

Last edited:
Update time!

A lot of geometry fixing done today and defining the sharper edges on the car more. changed the rideheight, which requires some adjustments of the undercarriage later, and the front of the car received some more attention.

In other news:
I found some new information about the car, so I will be updating the opening post of this car.

Here are some clay shots of the more defined edges on the front of the car.
t7xKv1r.jpg

90JRXJJ.jpg

And last but not least.. some quick renders of the car.
dZ8cQrF.jpg

C37sNxM.jpg

LqDM3MA.jpg

You can use the clay renderer 3dsmax has built in, like gary did with his Focus for example, or another software like Marmoset Toolbag which I use to preview my work in, like this:

https://cdna.artstation.com/p/asset...e/daniel-russo-screenshot33001.jpg?1491061551

I'm not talking about wasting time "rendering" of course, but finding a way to show your work properly without wasting time on light setups or rendering times.

I tried to improve the quick renders of the car. This is what I got so far:
Q17g1mQ.gif

I have some questions about this render though. The scene is exactly the same, apart from the fact that I used a composite material with a wire as second material for the geometry shots. The materials I put the composite material on, to show the geometry, are darker. This render also took a lot longer than the regular render, any idea how to get around these problems?

A few days later, some more work done!

The undercarriage was deleted, because some more adjustments to the body were made. The geometry got refined even more and smoothed out by hand. Exhaust pipes and taillights added.

XE9vYse.jpg

lZ5OvrJ.jpg

nqAoMPK.jpg

GCut7TE.jpg

And to check reflections and everything in-game I couldn't resist to have a quick look at this beauty in the showroom..

ndyG3AI.jpg

zoFKSnT.jpg

r2KDJts.jpg

ycMZ1U8.jpg

So they're just covers in the real car? I would've guessed that they work like the Alfa Romeo Montreal, where only half the headlights are covered but the panel slides inwards when turned on.

So they're just covers in the real car? I would've guessed that they work like the Alfa Romeo Montreal, where only half the headlights are covered but the panel slides inwards when turned on.

I haven't found any pictures of this car where they pop-up, if anyone can find a picture of that, we'd be happy to implement it of course. Pictures of this car are just really scarce..

I've found some info: http://supercarsplanet.net/bizzarrini_manta_review/bizzarrini_manta_review_part2.html

"Nearly 40 years passed before the Bizzarrini Manta found original appearance. Well, almost pristine - during the restoration forgot to return to the place of the front position lamps. And it was still possible to install headlights lifting mechanism - they remain motionless, but now face parallel to the ground" - translated from russian by google

Looks like the pop up headlights got lost over the time.
bizzarrini_manta_cut.jpg

bizzarrini_manta_front-view.jpg

Update! With help of some other modders (A3DR, Ryno917 and AccAkut) I got to work on textures for the side emblem and the exhaust pipe. This is a first time making use of more than just the normal map and diffuse map, so it's still very WIP. But I think I'm getting somewhere.

PIhTJ00.jpg

YYg1oJL.jpg

And some overview pics!
CFIClXk.jpg

NasF7bb.jpg

KRDLQvw.jpg

The more feedback, the more I can do to improve it!

Gives me the idea that the headlights are turned slightly downwards and fixed to the top when they go upright.View attachment 188492

If you scroll a bit up in the thread you can read that that was actually true when it was built. The movement up was never there though. When it was more than just a shell (so when they put the engine in and made it drivable) they mounted it parallel to the street. Maybe we'll make them point down and go slightly upright for the older versions. We'll have to discuss that.

But since we're thinking of making an a bit more outrageous version of this car too, we might give that version working pop-up lights.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back