Cars Bizzarrini Manta (WIP)

We are happy to announce that work on the Bizzarrini Manta has started!

This car is a very special car, it is one of the first true wedge shaped cars designed by ItalDesign back in 1968. Giorgetto Giugiaro founded ItalDesign in 1968, and decided that he had to impress everyone to show what he is worth. He took the Bizzarrini P538 and rebodied it in just 40 days time. What came out is a timeless design, far ahead of most cars designed back in the day. This is the first supercar featuring a three seat cockpit, where the driver sits in the center.

bizzarrini_manta_14.jpg

bizzarrini_manta_17.jpg

bizzarrini_manta_15.jpg

Most people think the Bizzarrini Manta always had this turqoise colour. Nevertheless, this car has gone through quite a few different paintjobs. It started off being turqoise in 1968. In 1969 the car was repainted to a dark orange with a black and a white stripe running from the front to the back of the car. After it's "World Tour" and attending many shows in 1969, the car was out of sight for a few years. It showed up on an auction in the mid 70's, and was bought by an Italian private collector. This is when the car got converted into a fully working vehicle, before it was just an immobile dummy. The car was repainted into a darker green by this same Italian collector. 20 years after it's first introduction in 1968, the car received a repaint to silver, for the 20th anniversary of ItalDesign. The car stayed this colour until it got a full 2-year restoration in 2003. Once it was shown to the public again at Pebble Beach in 2005, it had gotten its striking turqoise paintjob back, and got first in Class U at the 2005 Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance.

Some technical details of this car:
  • Engine: naturally aspirated 5.4L Chevrolet Corvette engine producing 355bhp @ 5800rpm
  • Weight: 1013kg
  • Wheelbase: 2500mm
  • Length: 4130mm
  • Height: 1050mm
  • Top speed: (280km/h)
  • 0-100km/h: (5.2 seconds)
And now time for some renders! (31k polies so far)

WpIqc9Q.jpg

HfY2fYg.jpg

bAI0zPs.jpg

OjeOsyD.jpg

Model & Textures: Javier Alvarez (jmalv_1986) and Maarten Huppelschoten (Omaatjehenk)
Shaders: Maarten Huppelschoten
Physics: Giuseppe Abagnale (abbo90)
Sound: your name could be here, let us know if you're interested!

Last edited:
Update!

Worked on defining the engine vents and the doorhandles will be redone, so started over defning the basic lines for those. Apart from that some more geometry cleaning and making certain lines on the car more defined. The car now has 40k polies.

E77ROxB.jpg

glUTASj.jpg

Already ? :D

Good luck, interesting car. Maybe it will race Countach ?

Thanks!

Specs wise it could indeed be a good match for the Countach LP500s:
  • 355bhp @ 5800rpm vs 375bhp @ 7000rpm
  • 1013kg vs 1450kg

I think it would be more interesting against a Countach LP400 though:
  • 355bhp @ 5800rpm vs 375bhp @ 8000rpm
  • 1013kg vs 1065kg

Sadly we don't have the LP400, maybe in the future?

Last edited:
Nice, those "renders" don't do justice to the model which seems to be spot on, I'll keep in eye on this to see how it develops, we need more cars like these in AC :)

Nice, those "renders" don't do justice to the model which seems to be spot on, I'll keep in eye on this to see how it develops, we need more cars like these in AC :)

I totally agree we need more cars like these in AC. The more unusual and interesting cars always attract me, just like your Toyota Sera.

About the renders.. yes they are very basic. How would you suggest to render the model to make it look more attractive? All tips and tricks concerning rendering and geometry are very appreciated.

I guess wheels would help, to begin with. Body looks really accurate, but front view, rear view and side view are best to judge accuracy. It is harder to spot inaccuracy in angle.

I guess wheels would help, to begin with. Body looks really accurate, but front view, rear view and side view are best to judge accuracy. It is harder to spot inaccuracy in angle.

Rims are in the making, probably an update later this evening with rims and the front lip of the car added to the body. We will make sure it's rendered from side, front and rear then. In perspective or orthographic view?

How you wish, but it looks like it is very accurate. For me it is as nice as Miura. Will be interesting to sit in the middle, nice fact about this car, did not know it before.

You will see our choice of renders later this evening then, stay tuned! Haha

For the sitting in the middle part, I find it interesting too. The interior is very unique, with a very long distance from eyes to the dials and a very long "steering column" running through the center of the interior. This makes me very curious what the view would be like to actually sit in this car and drive it around.

1968_ItalDesign_Bizzarrini_Manta_Interior_01.jpg

I totally agree we need more cars like these in AC. The more unusual and interesting cars always attract me, just like your Toyota Sera.

About the renders.. yes they are very basic. How would you suggest to render the model to make it look more attractive? All tips and tricks concerning rendering and geometry are very appreciated.

You can use the clay renderer 3dsmax has built in, like gary did with his Focus for example, or another software like Marmoset Toolbag which I use to preview my work in, like this:

https://cdna.artstation.com/p/asset...e/daniel-russo-screenshot33001.jpg?1491061551

I'm not talking about wasting time "rendering" of course, but finding a way to show your work properly without wasting time on light setups or rendering times.

You can use the clay renderer 3dsmax has built in, like gary did with his Focus for example, or another software like Marmoset Toolbag which I use to preview my work in, like this:

https://cdna.artstation.com/p/asset...e/daniel-russo-screenshot33001.jpg?1491061551

I'm not talking about wasting time "rendering" of course, but finding a way to show your work properly without wasting time on light setups or rendering times.
Thanks a lot for the reply!

The clay renderer is something very easy we could obviously make use of, what angles do you recommend? I'll look into the Marmoset Toolbag, those renders look very neat to show the geometry of the car.

Thanks!

Specs wise it could indeed be a good match for the Countach LP500s:
  • 355bhp @ 5800rpm vs 375bhp @ 7000rpm
  • 1013kg vs 1450kg

I think it would be more interesting against a Countach LP400 though:
  • 355bhp @ 5800rpm vs 375bhp @ 8000rpm
  • 1013kg vs 1065kg

Sadly we don't have the LP400, maybe in the future?
We have the Countach 5000 Quattrovalvole in the sim, so they probably don't match in performance.

Thanks a lot for the reply!

The clay renderer is something very easy we could obviously make use of, what angles do you recommend? I'll look into the Marmoset Toolbag, those renders look very neat to show the geometry of the car.

There really isn't any angles to recommend, it's just the way you show the geometry. The idea is that us (the viewers) can appreciate the clear lines of the car, that's all. On those screenshots or renders you posted the lighting is weird, it doesn't helps to show the shape of the car.
I know I'm being picky on this, is just that I really like this car, don't get me wrong :)

I always liked the Maserati Boomerang, would be awesome to see these two race each other!
11406511_10153513657657668_6874887537621580333_o.jpg

There really isn't any angles to recommend, it's just the way you show the geometry. The idea is that us (the viewers) can appreciate the clear lines of the car, that's all. On those screenshots or renders you posted the lighting is weird, it doesn't helps to show the shape of the car.
I know I'm being picky on this, is just that I really like this car, don't get me wrong :)

I always liked the Maserati Boomerang, would be awesome to see these two race each other!

Ah, ok. Thanks for the advise! We will look into posting better screenshots, also including the visible geometry so people can help us improve where needed/possible. I don't see your comment as being picky, we're trying to learn along the way here and your insight is valuable to us.

And for the Maserati Boomerang.. yes, I would love to see more of those "futuristic" late 60's, 70's cars in the game.

Like the Fiat Abarth 2000 Scorpio
25c4f7089cc392fe6bbfa058a7461f3f.jpg

Lancia Stratos Zero Concept
Lancia-Stratos-Zero-Concept-21403.jpg

Alfa Romeo Carabo
Alfa_Romeo_Carabo_Goodwood.jpg

And so on..
They're all interesting and odd in their own way.

You're right, didn't think of that. Any cars you think it could be a good match for? Lamborghini Miura seems to be a good rival.
Well I don't know. :p Reading about it it's from 1968/69, a re-bodied P538 that competed against the likes of GT40 at Le Mans. The Manta however is quite a bit heavier. No clue about the tyres. The Mk I GT40 in-game is quicker than the Countach (and much quicker than the Miura)... where this car would slot in I really don't know. I wrote that I don't see them compete because I expected the Countach 500QV to be quicker, being a more modern, more powerful car - but it's really just guessing from my side. I don't suppose there's any real world performance data on it?

Well I don't know. :p It's from 1968/69, a re-bodied P538 that competed against the likes of GT40 at Le Mans. The Manta however is quite a bit heavier. No clue about the tyres. The Mk I GT40 in-game is quicker than the Countach (and much quicker than the Miura)... where this car would slot in I really don't know. I wrote that I don't see them compete because I expected the Countach 500QV to be quicker, being a more modern, more powerful car - but it's really just guessing from my side. I don't suppose there's any real world performance data on it?

That's correct, I don't even think they ever did a top speed and/or acceleration run. But I believe underneath the shell it's a P538. Chassis, suspension, engine.. everything is the same I believe. Giuseppe Abagnale (our physics guy) will look into all of this and create the most realistic physics according to his findings.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 117 12.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 93 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 86 9.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 59 6.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 125 13.8%