Cars Bizzarrini Manta (WIP)

I am not sure if this is a better way to show the model we have so far, but I think it shows the geometry and shapes of the car quite well. Rims are still in the making, renders of that will probably be uploaded tomorrow.

ynFQ5h0.jpg

ARjKLhC.jpg

dzCTztB.jpg

Never seen or heard of this car before, but you model looks very nice and very clean.

Dibs on the Lancia Stratos Zero concept though, been thinking about that one for a while :p
Thank you! Well, since we'll be busy with this car.. I don't see any reason to keep you from making the Lancia Stratos Zero Concept car, haha. Getting that car to the game would be phenomenal.

Ah, ok. Thanks for the advise! We will look into posting better screenshots, also including the visible geometry so people can help us improve where needed/possible. I don't see your comment as being picky, we're trying to learn along the way here and your insight is valuable to us.

And for the Maserati Boomerang.. yes, I would love to see more of those "futuristic" late 60's, 70's cars in the game.

Like the Fiat Abarth 2000 Scorpio
25c4f7089cc392fe6bbfa058a7461f3f.jpg

Lancia Stratos Zero Concept
Lancia-Stratos-Zero-Concept-21403.jpg

Alfa Romeo Carabo
Alfa_Romeo_Carabo_Goodwood.jpg

And so on..
They're all interesting and odd in their own way.

We had this beast in Australia.

ge4636448210252828622.jpg

Holden-Hurricane_Concept-1969-1600-05.jpg

It must have been funk, soul, jazz, and good classic rock. Also perhaps growing up with 40s and 50s hollywood. And not having fully discovered downforce yet :D

PS, I can not stop looking at this Manta, I can not wait to experience that spacious interior with middle driver position. I'm proud that my name is "Mantas" lol

I'm happy about Opel Manta too lolm ebboo has been working on it, I think it is awesome cars, despite there are jokes about it xD

I wish there was an onboard video, this is special car.

Last edited:
PS, I can not stop looking at this Manta, I can not wait to experience that spacious interior with middle driver position. I'm proud that my name is "Mantas" lol

I'm happy about Opel Manta too lolm ebboo has been working on it, I think it is awesome cars, despite there are jokes about it xD

I wish there was an onboard video, this is special car.

Guess what?! We will enable you to have a realtime onboard video! That video is very nice btw, do you mind if I also use it in the opening post?

Progress has been made again! On the front rim this time. The center part has to be smoothed out a bit more. The polycount is now just below 11k per rim, is this any good? Should it be reduced? Any feedack is welcome.

2rNJOQK.jpg

drQyfL1.jpg

6BFg9E9.jpg

11K is definitely a bit much, but for such beautiful rims.... Maybe you could reduce the poly count without much beauty loss, 7-9k polygones ? These are very complex rims, including KnockOffs. I see some loops which seems not to be very necessary. Ofcourse I might not notice something right now. ctrl+z is always a friend if you mess up a little :D

You'll have to make rimblur anyway, so this count will not matter as soon as car will hit ~50-60kmh.

But these will look so good with proper tire and AO baked !!! Certainly will compete with Miura rims.

Use the video, you don't have to ask for permission, but thanks :D

You could also keep super nice detailed rims for LodA, and set LoDA to LoDB switching distance as little as possible, the car is not heavily curved so maybe it would be possible to get ~5m maybe.

11K is definitely a bit much, but for such beautiful rims.... Maybe you could reduce the poly count without much beauty loss, 7-9k polygones ? These are very complex rims, including KnockOffs. I see some loops which seems not to be very necessary. Ofcourse I might not notice something right now. ctrl+z is always a friend if you mess up a little :D

You'll have to make rimblur anyway, so this count will not matter as soon as car will hit ~50-60kmh.

For now we'll keep the polycount at what it is. We can always optimize sometime later if it is needed. How does the rimblur work? Is it a texture or a 3D object?

Front rim is finished for now, center piece of the rim now also made smooth.

gexd1b1.jpg

XrRI5rf.jpg

How does the rimblur work? Is it a texture or a 3D object?
Both basically. Its a low poly object you project a blurred transparent render of the detailed rim upon. The green ones in this picture. Via blurred_objects.ini you tell the AC engine at which speeds to switch between both version (it works based on wheel speed, not car speed).
Zwischenablage02.jpg

The green blur rim is split into two parts because the AC Shaders don't like objects with mixed transparency. The middle part there would disappear if viewed "through" the transparent front disc.
I moved them apart here, normally you stack them like this.
Zwischenablage06.jpg

Both basically. Its a low poly object you project a blurred transparent render of the detailed rim upon. The green ones in this picture. Via blurred_objects.ini you tell the AC engine at which speeds to switch between both version (it works based on wheel speed, not car speed).
View attachment 185136
The green blur rim is split into two parts because the AC Shaders don't like objects with mixed transparency. The middle part there would disappear if viewed "through" the transparent front disc.
View attachment 185138

For this I'd also separate the hub from the blurred spokes too, as when spinning you'd still see the back of the hub where it mates with the brake disc :)

I'm seeing too many posts lately worrying about polycount, counting every single triangle and it doesn't makes sense. The budget for official cars is 125k TRIANGLES (not polygons) outside inc. wheels, and 125k triangles for the HR interior.
It's a waste of time IMO to count for every single part of the car, just worry about the final budget. Make each part as detailed as you like using a reasonable polygon count (just think how close you can be to that part in game, for example make a tail light more detailed than a shock absorber in a closed car), but worry about optimizing the mesh later when you have completed the car if you exceeded the 250k budget. It's a more productive way of spending time.

Oh, yes, rims look perfect so far :)

View attachment 185136
View attachment 185138

Thanks a lot for the explanation! When I'm at the point of making the texture, I'll probably ask for some help again. I don't really know how to make such a texture look very realistic and give the vivid look of movement to it.

For this I'd also separate the hub from the blurred spokes too, as when spinning you'd still see the back of the hub where it mates with the brake disc :)

That sounds about right, thanks for the additional info!

I'm seeing too many posts lately worrying about polycount, counting every single triangle and it doesn't makes sense. The budget for official cars is 125k TRIANGLES (not polygons) outside inc. wheels, and 125k triangles for the HR interior.
It's a waste of time IMO to count for every single part of the car, just worry about the final budget. Make each part as detailed as you like using a reasonable polygon count (just think how close you can be to that part in game, for example make a tail light more detailed than a shock absorber in a closed car), but worry about optimizing the mesh later when you have completed the car if you exceeded the 250k budget. It's a more productive way of spending time.

Oh, yes, rims look perfect so far :)

You're probably right, first focus on making the car, then check polycount and optimize where needed. Feedback on what parts look too detailed for the application or not detailed enough for the application, is always appreciated (especially when we're in a further stage of modelling the car).

Thanks all for the compliments on the rims!

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 105 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 146 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 279 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 405 40.0%