Automobilista is now available on Steam Early Access

Renato Simioni

Reiza Studios
Automobilista Cars.jpg

AUTOMOBILISTA puts you in the driving seat of one of the most advanced racing simulators and delivers a uniquely diverse motorsports experience!

As the natural successor to Reiza Studios´ previous title - the highly regarded Stock Car Extreme, originally released in 2013 - AUTOMOBILISTA continues to simulate the premium Brazilian racing series such as Stock Car V8, Copa Petrobras de Marcas, Formula 3 Brasil and Mitsubishi Lancer Cup, now packing every car and every track from their respective 2015 championships.

Beyond the brazilian core, AUTOMOBILISTA is extensively complemented with one of the most diverse selections or racing vehicles you will find in a racing game: only in AUTOMOBILISTA will you be able to jump from a rental kart to a 800-HP F1 car; from drifting a Rallycross EvoX to jumping ramps in a Supertruck; from mastering the driving basics in a Formula Vee to managing a full 24h race in an endurance prototype; back and forth through historical and modern content featuring a sample of several decades of GP racing - all of this and much more within a few mouse clicks. Thoroughly researched and cohesively developed for maximum simulation accuracy, AUTOMOBILISTA captures the fun only motorsports in its various forms can provide.

In addition to the content already present in Stock Car Extreme - all of which comprehensively upgraded - AUTOMOBILISTA turns it up to a new level by adding all the new cars & tracks proposed in the SimRacing Bonanza crowdfunding campaign, new simulation features such as dynamic track conditions, advanced transmission and tire modelling, substantial upgrades to physics, graphics & audio, new game modes and much more!

Keep in mind the title is still an advanced beta and being released in Early Access - some bits and bobs still to add and improvements to be made. We´ll also be sharing more information as to how to get the best out of Automobilista as we progress through the week.

IMPORTANT EDIT:
Do not copy your player PLR, controller or config.ini from SCE or any previous title. Save yourself some trouble and start fully fresh.

Last edited:
Can you tell me if the lighting variation is not working please? Tested it twice on 2 tracks, no difference in lighting from 2pm till 9pm and pitch black after 10pm.
Thank you.

It is working fine here:

Attachments

• 2016-03-04_00006.jpg
    2016-03-04_00006.jpg
    312.8 KB · Views: 276
  • 2016-03-04_00007.jpg
    2016-03-04_00007.jpg
    310.3 KB · Views: 269
  • 2016-03-04_00008.jpg
    2016-03-04_00008.jpg
    317 KB · Views: 306
  • 2016-03-04_00009.jpg
    2016-03-04_00009.jpg
    265.2 KB · Views: 296
  • 2016-03-04_00010.jpg
    2016-03-04_00010.jpg
    214.6 KB · Views: 277
  • 2016-03-04_00011.jpg
    2016-03-04_00011.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 317
Hi, I wanted to communicate some problems while running AMS on my pc:
in random situation the screen goes black, the sound keeps going but as blocked, after a few seconds the game reappears.
I tried the native hud but the problem remains, I tried the set up lower chart but I still have problems. I have no framerate issues, only the screen goes black. My computer configuration: Intel i7 6th gen,
gpu nvidia GTX 780 3GB ,
ram 32 gb DDR4,
WIN 7 ultimate 64bit.

Any suggestion is appreciated, sorry but I do not have time to read all the pages of the forum in English, I know that others have similar problems to mine. Congratulations to Reiza for their sim, looks really solid and fun, I hope that the problems will be solved quickly. Good luck Reiza !!!

That depends more on your monitor settings, in my experience.
Same track (Brasilia), same time of day (8:30PM), time progression off.

SCE:
g6wVYSU.jpg

AMS:
kLCoIF6.jpg

If you check them in full size side by side, SCE had some shallow blueish lighting on the unlit parts of the track. In AMS, it is darker by approximately 2 exposures. This is unrelated to my monitor.

In real life, you never experience total darkness like that. It would take a lunar eclipse combined with the worst storm clouds to see no light at all.

So if I want to reduce the large ffb dead zone on my g29, should I set this to 0 or to the ffb dead zone amount, which is like 16% (so use 0.16)?

Regarding that Renault cockpit, with a bit of a seat position tweak its easy to get the view looking right.
Use the program wheelcheck.exe to find out your FFB dead zone percentage

Im running GTX980ti and whatever settings i try via Nvidia Control panel or via Inspector, i just can't get the game as sharp as Ftruck. Were in Ftruck i see no alising it is sharp as a razor, in AMS it looks like i have no anti aliasing on at all while i have set the correct parameters in the control panel / Inspector (not using them both the same time). Anyways, it only bothers me when im doing the warmup round. Once racing i have only eyes on the track.
Concerning stutters. I only see stutters when i set the Maximum pre-rendered frames higher than 1. Setting this at 4, the framerate is stable at 60 but there is weird lag.
Try turning off Vsync

Good job on AMS so far. :)

I was wondering about 2 things right now that someone might be able to help me with. First, is there a way to change FFB strength while on track like in AC (individual FFB)?

Second, where do i find the time of day setting? I cant find it anywhere. Tested all 3 modes but i cant find any options for it. Thanks.

Good job on AMS so far. :)

I was wondering about 2 things right now that someone might be able to help me with. First, is there a way to change FFB strength while on track like in AC (individual FFB)?.

You can enable the Realfeel console and speech so you can adjust on the fly while on track. In the first 4 lines of the Realfeel ini file, there are options for Console Enabled and Speech Enabled and these need to be changed from False to True and from then on in game, you can press CTRL+ numpad 7 or 9 to increase or decrease FFB strength for the particular car you are in and a male voice will tell you the value you have chosen.

The only minor downside to enabling the Realfeel console is a bug that happens when opening the sim. When opening, the sim will show the usual black screen with the busy mouse cursor but will then drop to the taskbar while leaving a dos window on the screen and you can hear the opening music but the desktop remains showing. All you have to do is click on the sim in the taskbar showing the window for the dos window and the other that represents the main sim window. Click on the window other than the dos window and the sim will now pop back up just like it should and you are good to go.

Once you get used to it, it's just a 2 click annoyance but having access to the realfeel console in real time on the track is well worth the minor annoyance at boot. This is much better than having to alt tab or close the sim and go to notepad to manual edit per car FFB settings.

Realfeel.ini can be found in the root directory of AMS. c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\Automobilisa

I've had some intermittent problems with the "rfDynHUD effect" with a black screen when Esc -ing to garage. Now I inactivated RealFeelPlugin (RealFeelIsOn=False in the ini file) and it seems my problems with the "rfDynHUD effect" has disappeard.
Is this plausible?

Btw, is anyone driving AMS with Nvidia Surround? Any problems?
I get some weired graphic effect on the side screens when Esc-ing out to garage. I.e. a b/w image of the full screen picture with only the contours lined out when I Esc from Native Hud. When I Esc from DynHUD I'm left with a b/w image of the DynHUD widgets on the side screens. The middle screen with the garage view is perfect in both cases.

AMS-Esc_2.jpg
AMS-Esc_3.jpg

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play