Automobilista is now available on Steam Early Access

Renato Simioni

Reiza Studios
Automobilista Cars.jpg

AUTOMOBILISTA puts you in the driving seat of one of the most advanced racing simulators and delivers a uniquely diverse motorsports experience!

As the natural successor to Reiza Studios´ previous title - the highly regarded Stock Car Extreme, originally released in 2013 - AUTOMOBILISTA continues to simulate the premium Brazilian racing series such as Stock Car V8, Copa Petrobras de Marcas, Formula 3 Brasil and Mitsubishi Lancer Cup, now packing every car and every track from their respective 2015 championships.

Beyond the brazilian core, AUTOMOBILISTA is extensively complemented with one of the most diverse selections or racing vehicles you will find in a racing game: only in AUTOMOBILISTA will you be able to jump from a rental kart to a 800-HP F1 car; from drifting a Rallycross EvoX to jumping ramps in a Supertruck; from mastering the driving basics in a Formula Vee to managing a full 24h race in an endurance prototype; back and forth through historical and modern content featuring a sample of several decades of GP racing - all of this and much more within a few mouse clicks. Thoroughly researched and cohesively developed for maximum simulation accuracy, AUTOMOBILISTA captures the fun only motorsports in its various forms can provide.

In addition to the content already present in Stock Car Extreme - all of which comprehensively upgraded - AUTOMOBILISTA turns it up to a new level by adding all the new cars & tracks proposed in the SimRacing Bonanza crowdfunding campaign, new simulation features such as dynamic track conditions, advanced transmission and tire modelling, substantial upgrades to physics, graphics & audio, new game modes and much more!

Keep in mind the title is still an advanced beta and being released in Early Access - some bits and bobs still to add and improvements to be made. We´ll also be sharing more information as to how to get the best out of Automobilista as we progress through the week.

IMPORTANT EDIT:
Do not copy your player PLR, controller or config.ini from SCE or any previous title. Save yourself some trouble and start fully fresh.

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 130869

It seems the Steam process has been sorted. I now have the full version, and after directing some other folks, they all seem to have it as well. A couple which had the Beta now have just Automobilista showing up.

Now to wait for a 2004 season livery pack! Or even 2003. 2002 seems to be underway, there were a couple of pretty cars that year so it is understandable.

Btw, is anyone driving AMS with Nvidia Surround? Any problems?
I get some weired graphic effect on the side screens when Esc-ing out to garage.

yes, I have the same issue with Nvidia surround for triple monitor setup (I consider it minor anyway). You can barely see some tyre widgets that I have at the side screens at the image below:
705117B150F21A6A1694BF7A9819771A345DE5F7

yes, I have the same issue with Nvidia surround for triple monitor setup (I consider it minor anyway).

Good to hear I'm not alone.:) I don't consider it as a major problem either. Was just thinking if it's a symptom of a bigger issue of incompatibility.

I had a problem yesterday on multiplayer when my screen froze when the server switched from qualifying to race and I couldn't get back in. So if it's a graphics problem on my side I will avoid it and run multiplayer on single screen until it's solved.

Last edited:
Did you check the AI aggression? Here it was on max when I started the game for the first time

@Alex Sawczuk Brasilia grass has no durst, idk if it's supposed to be like that so reporting anyway. Everything was on full (except shadows) and SweetFX on
i have lowered the aggression and this still happens...it doesn't happen when i choose standing start but you can't choose running a season.

also has anyone else had this ?? today everytime i start a race with the brazilian stock cars my enging warning light on the diagram is flashing red before the race even starts...this was happening to me on gsce too....thing is it wasn't happening a couple of days ago !!

i have lowered the aggression and this still happens...it doesn't happen when i choose standing start but you can't choose running a season.

also has anyone else had this ?? today everytime i start a race with the brazilian stock cars my enging warning light on the diagram is flashing red before the race even starts...this was happening to me on gsce too....thing is it wasn't happening a couple of days ago !!
I don't drive offline so that was just a suggestion cuz it is usually the possible problem in this situation.

@ Reiza would be possible to have grid, race info, etc in the replay too?

Im trying to start a server for us, but my mates time out and for me who start the server on my PC i just see a steam window quickly flashing (steam window with server info). AMS does not start.

I opened all the 4 ports i saw in the config file. Both UPD/TCP on all.

What am i doing wrong? Appreciate the help. Cheers. :)

Loaded up Automobilista for the first time yesterday night, after doing an online session in AC (which was great fun). Immediately you notice just how good the FFB is in AMS on a standard wheel like my CSR all of a sudden. Coupled with the immersive sounds i just kept on doing lap after lap again :) Maybe its a placebo, but i did find the FFB more detailed than before, and in the open wheelers i tried there seems to be more wheel weight to them now, whilst i had to manually alter that in the SCE files before as they felt too light (common mistake many devs of open wheelers make, as it takes away all the steering feel and FFB).

You do notice the graphics update as they look less cartoonish now, and the menus are nice and slick. I also like the new menu music. That rock theme was ok in SCE, but late at night it's something I'd rather not have banging in my headphones, so I turned it off after a day or two. I think the new tune for the menus is a lot easier on the ears and i'll leave it on this time, but i guess that's down to personal taste.

Great job again Reiza, looking forward to see this game progress during the year :thumbsup:

The new music reminds me of this f1 season review music starting at 0:30

It is great!

Video doesnt work, but if thats the 1991 season review, the AMS theme was indeed directly inspired by it :) The AMS menu theme was in fact composed by Peter Oldroyd & Gary Scargill, while they didnt to the 91 piece, they composed most of the music from the 94&95 season reviews, as well as one of the early Codies TOCA games.

Last edited:
Yes it is indeed superb!!!

I'm a long f1archives follower. To me it is one of the best intros in F1. Greg Alexander also used it for the GP4 F1 1991 season mod years ago.;)

Great you got them to do this menu music for you/us. Expensive? :-p

Btw: Do they know the original composer of the song? Because no one seems to know!

Last edited:
I've had some intermittent problems with the "rfDynHUD effect" with a black screen when Esc -ing to garage. Now I inactivated RealFeelPlugin (RealFeelIsOn=False in the ini file) and it seems my problems with the "rfDynHUD effect" has disappeard.
Is this plausible?

Btw, is anyone driving AMS with Nvidia Surround? Any problems?
I get some weired graphic effect on the side screens when Esc-ing out to garage. I.e. a b/w image of the full screen picture with only the contours lined out when I Esc from Native Hud. When I Esc from DynHUD I'm left with a b/w image of the DynHUD widgets on the side screens. The middle screen with the garage view is perfect in both cases.

View attachment 124585 View attachment 124586

I have the same issue with AMD Eyefinity

I've had an issue with the mini challenge cars in automatic gear changes (my steering wheel is currently broke so I'm using an xbox controller) where to go up a gear, it has to go up to 6th gear then down to the gear you need (i.e 1st to second 2nd means doing 1 - 6 - 5 - 4 - 3 - 2) which is rather annoying. Has anyone else had this problem?

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.