Automobilista is now available on Steam Early Access

Renato Simioni

Reiza Studios
Automobilista Cars.jpg

AUTOMOBILISTA puts you in the driving seat of one of the most advanced racing simulators and delivers a uniquely diverse motorsports experience!

As the natural successor to Reiza Studios´ previous title - the highly regarded Stock Car Extreme, originally released in 2013 - AUTOMOBILISTA continues to simulate the premium Brazilian racing series such as Stock Car V8, Copa Petrobras de Marcas, Formula 3 Brasil and Mitsubishi Lancer Cup, now packing every car and every track from their respective 2015 championships.

Beyond the brazilian core, AUTOMOBILISTA is extensively complemented with one of the most diverse selections or racing vehicles you will find in a racing game: only in AUTOMOBILISTA will you be able to jump from a rental kart to a 800-HP F1 car; from drifting a Rallycross EvoX to jumping ramps in a Supertruck; from mastering the driving basics in a Formula Vee to managing a full 24h race in an endurance prototype; back and forth through historical and modern content featuring a sample of several decades of GP racing - all of this and much more within a few mouse clicks. Thoroughly researched and cohesively developed for maximum simulation accuracy, AUTOMOBILISTA captures the fun only motorsports in its various forms can provide.

In addition to the content already present in Stock Car Extreme - all of which comprehensively upgraded - AUTOMOBILISTA turns it up to a new level by adding all the new cars & tracks proposed in the SimRacing Bonanza crowdfunding campaign, new simulation features such as dynamic track conditions, advanced transmission and tire modelling, substantial upgrades to physics, graphics & audio, new game modes and much more!

Keep in mind the title is still an advanced beta and being released in Early Access - some bits and bobs still to add and improvements to be made. We´ll also be sharing more information as to how to get the best out of Automobilista as we progress through the week.

IMPORTANT EDIT:
Do not copy your player PLR, controller or config.ini from SCE or any previous title. Save yourself some trouble and start fully fresh.

Last edited:
I've had an issue with the mini challenge cars in automatic gear changes (my steering wheel is currently broke so I'm using an xbox controller) where to go up a gear, it has to go up to 6th gear then down to the gear you need (i.e 1st to second 2nd means doing 1 - 6 - 5 - 4 - 3 - 2) which is rather annoying. Has anyone else had this problem?
Yes I have this problem too, and I have reported it twice in the beta-forums. I expect it to be fixed before early access is over, because this must be a bug.

Hi Reiza guys, I just noticed there is a conflict with my wheel (logitech G29) and the gamepad (Logitech F310). More specifically, If both controllers are plugged in, then automobilista considers that the gamepad is the "default" controller and the wheel is not recognized at all...

Just to let you know that the same "bug" exists also in SCE, but I could not imagine that my G29 wheel is not working because of the conflict with the gamepad controller and I just considered (faulty assumption) that GSE does not support the G29 wheel...

Since the G29 replaced my defective G27, I can confirm that the conflict/bug is applicable only for the combination of the G29 wheel (or maybe with G920 as well?) and the F310 controller.

Hi Reiza guys, I just noticed there is a conflict with my wheel (logitech G29) and the gamepad (Logitech F310). More specifically, If both controllers are plugged in, then automobilista considers that the gamepad is the "default" controller and the wheel is not recognized at all...

Just to let you know that the same "bug" exists also in SCE, but I could not imagine that my G29 wheel is not working because of the conflict with the gamepad controller and I just considered (faulty assumption) that GSE does not support the G29 wheel...

Since the G29 replaced my defective G27, I can confirm that the conflict/bug is applicable only for the combination of the G29 wheel (or maybe with G920 as well?) and the F310 controller.

Does this happen in other games?

I think that it happens also in Raceroom Racing Experience. It doesn't happen in assetto corsa and pcars. I can check it again when I will go home, cause I am at work now and I will let you know.

This is a total hunch and I could well be wrong, but we dont have XInput support and maybe the others do. We have no plans to add XInput at this stage. I don't know if this is something that might be fixed when Logitech release new drivers as the G29 and G920 PC drivers cause a lot of issues at the moment.

This is a total hunch and I could well be wrong, but we dont have XInput support and maybe the others do. We have no plans to add XInput at this stage. I don't know if this is something that might be fixed when Logitech release new drivers as the G29 and G920 PC drivers cause a lot of issues at the moment.

You must be right. The F310 gamepad has a switch in order to change between XInput and directInput. I will check the behavior with both settings.
In any case, it is good to know the issue and the workaround (unplug the controller) in order to avoid faulty conclusions as I did when I thought that my wheel is not supported at all.

Thanks for the reply Alex and keep going with the good work in automobilista! It turns to be my favorite sim! ;)

Hi again,

After some "happy testing" with automobilista and both Logitech's G29 wheel and F310 gamepad controller, I observed the following behavior:

a) When only G29 wheel is plugged in (F310 not plugged in), then G29 is recognized and is working perfectly!

b) When both G29 and F310 plugged in, and F310 is switched to Xinput Mode: G29 is working perfectly also!!

c) When both G29 and F310 plugged in, and F310 is switched to DirectInput Mode: G29 is NOT recognized by automobilista. F310 is recognized and is working perfectly!

Summary:
If you own both a G29 wheel and an F310 gamepad controller and they are both plugged in your PC, make sure that you switched the F310 to XInput mode (or unplug it). Otherwise, (F310 in directInput Mode) there is a conflict and automobilista prioritizes F310 as the working device.

A couple of questions, please.

First, I was having motion sickness problem and installed Real Head Motion and it solves my problem exactly but creates two more problems (1) I like to stay "out-of-the-box" as much as possible and use of a plugin strays from this desire and (2) when I try to use free cam, the camera spins in circles.

Regarding problem 1.1 above, is there a way to lock view to horizon out-of-the-box? I guess I should define "out-of-the-box" as via the UI. A second best alternative would be a .plr or other file change with use of a plugin being the least attractive solution.

Regarding problem 1.2 above, does using Real Head Motion mean that I can no longer use free cam? And, if so, does anyone know of an alternative solution to free cam that would allow me to be able to use bonnet cam because without free cam there are several vehicles where I can't see bonnet at all because the camera is too high, etc.

Edit - One more question, please. Is there a way to skip the view of the scene before the start line if that makes any sense? Tried to google it but as you can imagine hard to know how to phrase question.

Edit #2 - Another question. Is there a solution to problem of game losing focus (switching to another Windows application window)? I normally don't have this issue when running windowed mode but, as recommended, I am running full screen to avoid stuttering issues. Some time ago, I believe I was using the Razer application to help avoid this because Razer stops other programs temporarily or something like that?

Edit #3 - How to tell what car is being used on a server?

Last edited:
Yeah, but is there a way to stop it from happening altogether?
In /MovieFiles, rename PreGame.bik

Edit #3 - How to tell what car is being used on a server?
I would like to know too. The steam server window doesn't even tell if the session is closed. I hope the ingame lobby will work at some point?

Now my question: How to turn on the labels above the cars? Some key command maybe?

In /MovieFiles, rename PreGame.bik

Thanks, but that is for opening movie when first start game. No? What I am referring to is when you are at track and making setup changes or whatever and then click on '>' in the lower right hand corner of the screen to go to the starting line to start the race and then before you get to starting line the game cycles through track side cameras and you have to press space bar to skip and go to the start line. Does that make sense?

Hi Renato,

I found the following problems in the Formula Extreme:

- There are different colors of tires, which is very important in the race.
- The DRS operates from lap 1.
- Labels drivers on the track are not seen.

Sorry for my English

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea