Automobilista is now available on Steam Early Access

Renato Simioni

Reiza Studios
Automobilista Cars.jpg

AUTOMOBILISTA puts you in the driving seat of one of the most advanced racing simulators and delivers a uniquely diverse motorsports experience!

As the natural successor to Reiza Studios´ previous title - the highly regarded Stock Car Extreme, originally released in 2013 - AUTOMOBILISTA continues to simulate the premium Brazilian racing series such as Stock Car V8, Copa Petrobras de Marcas, Formula 3 Brasil and Mitsubishi Lancer Cup, now packing every car and every track from their respective 2015 championships.

Beyond the brazilian core, AUTOMOBILISTA is extensively complemented with one of the most diverse selections or racing vehicles you will find in a racing game: only in AUTOMOBILISTA will you be able to jump from a rental kart to a 800-HP F1 car; from drifting a Rallycross EvoX to jumping ramps in a Supertruck; from mastering the driving basics in a Formula Vee to managing a full 24h race in an endurance prototype; back and forth through historical and modern content featuring a sample of several decades of GP racing - all of this and much more within a few mouse clicks. Thoroughly researched and cohesively developed for maximum simulation accuracy, AUTOMOBILISTA captures the fun only motorsports in its various forms can provide.

In addition to the content already present in Stock Car Extreme - all of which comprehensively upgraded - AUTOMOBILISTA turns it up to a new level by adding all the new cars & tracks proposed in the SimRacing Bonanza crowdfunding campaign, new simulation features such as dynamic track conditions, advanced transmission and tire modelling, substantial upgrades to physics, graphics & audio, new game modes and much more!

Keep in mind the title is still an advanced beta and being released in Early Access - some bits and bobs still to add and improvements to be made. We´ll also be sharing more information as to how to get the best out of Automobilista as we progress through the week.

IMPORTANT EDIT:
Do not copy your player PLR, controller or config.ini from SCE or any previous title. Save yourself some trouble and start fully fresh.

Last edited:
is things like the ai still being worked on ?? trying to race the stock car season and 2nd track in brazil taruma i think there is carnage at the first corner every time...all the cars on the right just go off the road !!

is things like the ai still being worked on ?? trying to race the stock car season and 2nd track in brazil taruma i think there is carnage at the first corner every time...all the cars on the right just go off the road !!
Did you check the AI aggression? Here it was on max when I started the game for the first time

@Alex Sawczuk Brasilia grass has no durst, idk if it's supposed to be like that so reporting anyway. Everything was on full (except shadows) and SweetFX on

Some more bugs:

Vehicle labels don't work. I mapped a button to toggle them in control options, but it doesn't do anything.

Super trucks have working headlights, despite the fact that they are only stickers.

Setting opponents to low/med/high quality makes my car also the same quality (maybe only in multiplayer, I'm not sure.) The same bug is in GSCE too.

and... well, this is probably going to be hard to do, but there should be some penalty for missing jumps in the stadium trucks, because its a huge speed gain...

One pretty important question: what happens if the racing series page gets overcrowded with mods that most surely are coming?

dtm_14wqfd.jpg

Just don't call a mod like "reizaxx"where xx stands for a number. If you give a mod a unique name like i do with my mods, it will never conflict with other mods that have the same "reizaxx" name. Downside is that you can't see the mod in car select screen as above, but only by chosing "all cars & tracks". The mod will appear in that section. So in this way creating a logo isn't necessary too.

Nice game yesterday and nothing is loading up today. Can´t count how many updates killed this game (including GSC) for me already, but more than fingers on one hand. Now it hangs up when the progressive bar on loading screen is full.

Obviously way down on the priority level, but I was watching an F4 race at Cordoba on YouTube, and they were using the alternate layout. Curiosity piqued, I tried it on Automobilista in the Mini. It's actually pretty fun and gives a nice twisty alternative to the super-fast current layout (also quite fun, but in a different Watkins Glen type way). It's something to consider releasing officially as the layout is already there. Also I'd love to see a sim version of the Ecuadorian track in Ibarra. It's situated by a volcanic lake and is gorgeous
Ibarra.jpg

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea