Automobilista is now available on Steam Early Access

Renato Simioni

Reiza Studios
Automobilista Cars.jpg

AUTOMOBILISTA puts you in the driving seat of one of the most advanced racing simulators and delivers a uniquely diverse motorsports experience!

As the natural successor to Reiza Studios´ previous title - the highly regarded Stock Car Extreme, originally released in 2013 - AUTOMOBILISTA continues to simulate the premium Brazilian racing series such as Stock Car V8, Copa Petrobras de Marcas, Formula 3 Brasil and Mitsubishi Lancer Cup, now packing every car and every track from their respective 2015 championships.

Beyond the brazilian core, AUTOMOBILISTA is extensively complemented with one of the most diverse selections or racing vehicles you will find in a racing game: only in AUTOMOBILISTA will you be able to jump from a rental kart to a 800-HP F1 car; from drifting a Rallycross EvoX to jumping ramps in a Supertruck; from mastering the driving basics in a Formula Vee to managing a full 24h race in an endurance prototype; back and forth through historical and modern content featuring a sample of several decades of GP racing - all of this and much more within a few mouse clicks. Thoroughly researched and cohesively developed for maximum simulation accuracy, AUTOMOBILISTA captures the fun only motorsports in its various forms can provide.

In addition to the content already present in Stock Car Extreme - all of which comprehensively upgraded - AUTOMOBILISTA turns it up to a new level by adding all the new cars & tracks proposed in the SimRacing Bonanza crowdfunding campaign, new simulation features such as dynamic track conditions, advanced transmission and tire modelling, substantial upgrades to physics, graphics & audio, new game modes and much more!

Keep in mind the title is still an advanced beta and being released in Early Access - some bits and bobs still to add and improvements to be made. We´ll also be sharing more information as to how to get the best out of Automobilista as we progress through the week.

IMPORTANT EDIT:
Do not copy your player PLR, controller or config.ini from SCE or any previous title. Save yourself some trouble and start fully fresh.

Last edited:
Just some bugs I noticed:

In multiplayer, when someone joins or disconnects, the entire hud blinks and resets, delta and timing stop working for the current lap. Also there's abit of stutter.

I tried driving spielberg with metalmoro, at 3.30 am... the track had morning sky, and was not dark at all.

My God!
I've finally had a chance to try this sim... after downloading it a second time.
My wife accidentally cancelled my download at 85%.
First car up was the vintage formula...
If these cars looked worst than GSC then I 'cheated' myself, as I've never tried any of that series.
What I've got here is a really nice looking, nice 'handling', nice sounding car... running at 246 fps and smooth as glass on my three year old computer.
Thanks Reiza.

Last edited:
Finally after the 4th/5th attempt downloading I got to installed..
Few items I notice ...
1. The V10 when the controller is to manual shift the game still uses auto up shift...
2. UI... very difficult to see what is selected what is not... in the car screen.
3. In some cases the next button is enable but it doesn't do anything.
4 . (you should set head movement to 0 as default... It greatly improves the game IMO).

Just had a crazy race at curitiba first race of the Brazilian stock car season. So many incidents at the Chicane and the second to last corners with the ai. It was hella fun but just crazy. Dunno if things like the aiw is still being worked on but the ai really have difficulty racing the second to last corner here, running wide when running close together

I have two observations and need some advice regarding second one, please.

First observation is that it appears that AI needs to be tuned for new vehicles and for new physics for existing SCE vehicles. At least that seems to be the case with RX car, stadium trucks and the '86 Opala when compared to SCE as I am driving past them even with AI strength 5% higher than in SCE. Anyway that may already be known but I don't remember seeing it anywhere so wanted to report just in case.

Second observation is that RX had no bonnet in bonnet cam (hopefully planned to be fixed) and also stadium truck and Opala bonnet cams are too high and pointed downward instead of toward horizon. Was this intentional?

Anyway, to correct the bonnet cam height and angle in the meantime (assuming this will be fixed? Opala is same angle in SCE so maybe won't be fixed?) I use free cam to move the camera down and tilt it up toward horizon. While this is acceptable as a temporary workaround, I'm thinking I may need to mod the vehicle if not going to be fixed by Reiza because anytime I need to use the mouse I have to disable free cam and re-set the camera position (sometimes while driving which can be dangerous) and also it's never exactly the same position as I am doing it manually and free cam is somewhat imprecise unless maybe I use slow cam etc yada yada.

Unfrotunately, there appears to also be another bug with Opala because even with default bonnet can the car moves weird like in that it looks almost like a combination head movement and look to apex (both of which I have set to off) or something. The stadium truck does not do this (it remains fixed which is what I'd expect.

Sooooooo.... Am I correct in that boonet cam position is too high and pointed down? And does anyone have any tips (other than free cam) for how should be working around it or how to mod the vehicle to correct the camera permanently? Any does anyone have any tips for how to workaround weird Opala csmera movement?

Many thanks in advance :thumbsup:

Update - Regarding Opala hood movement issue I am working around it by just adjusting cameras from cockpit instead of from bonnet view. Unfortunately, it's a little more tedious because forward, back, left and right don't always mean forward, back, left and right except possibly with respect to the 3D grid or something like that. So this is another possible improvement opportunity but I see now there is a dedicated thread for camera improvements which is great.

Last edited:
I see that Spinelli is here to ensure everyone knows how broken the physics are.
No need to talk like a condescending jerk.

I see the same type of ISI vehicle behaviour/dynamics/kinematics anomalies stemming all the way back to at-least 15 years to F1 2002 if not to the 1990s with SCGT (any game being run under ISI pMotor and/or ISI tyre model). I wasn't expecting massive changes as I think/hope that Reiza's 2017 title will really be the one with big physics/tyre motor/model changes but I was just wondering because I've heard a lot of positive stuff in this thread (possibly improved FFB giving placebo of different/evolved physics/tyre engine) yet I see the "same ol" from all the videos I've watched, and I've watched a ton - the behavior over the limit and while transitioning over the limit still seems exactly like ISI pMotor/tyre model.

There's no need to get defensive and make personal remarks. This is a thread about simulations, not people. And I love Reiza and recommended their game to many people and some people only bought SCE becauae of me (some people that I convinced to get into simracing) so, just for your information, I'm a huge fan and supporter. That's why I'm critical, because I care so much and am so passionate about it. It's the reason why you'd be hard-pressed to find me doing the same in some other games' forums becauae I don't care nearly as much for them.

Last edited:
Whilst I can't expect anyone to remember, I used to rate the F3 as GSC's weakest link, now it might be it's strongest, granted it was greatly improved months ago, but with better GFX and what seems like better animations, it's one of the finest sim cars.

When Spinelli** and some others talk about physics over FFB{I talk about physics and FFB calibration}, they ignore that we don't have G forces like we do IRL, so quality FFB is important otherwise you're left with visuals/sound, but of course, these are after the fact events, whereas well calibrated FFB is virtually in real time.

Also, unlike AC which seems to treat braking and especially throttle inputs as "doses", AMS has very fine detail allowing you to control the rear of the car with your right foot, and with the improved tyre model/FFB, you can really hoon around on the throttle as it's so responsive.

**people are entitled to choose the more physics heavy model, but people are also entitled to prefer the more integrated FFB model as well, that said, set to low FFB, you're supposedly getting the raw output anyway.

Reactions: hex
No need to talk like a condescending jerk.

I say it only because you often condescend from authority as a routine. Its your personal cause, the inherent flaws in ISI physics, but don't blush if someone observes your inherent prejudice and how it motivates you to unsocial verbosity.

There's no need to get defensive and make personal remarks.

Where did I make a personal remark? Where was I defensive? You're the one who typically becomes defensive. You have a thin skin towards rejoinders to your views.

This is a thread about simulations, not people.

I am replying to a person speaking to people so it is about people. Its a common thing though for people to be blind to the personal element to their views when they take them so seriously. Someone comments on Spinelli's ardent support of a familiar and inerrant message and apparently that's unacceptably personal. To me its merely reading the weather and acknowledging a familiar event. Spinelli always arrives and soon to follow is the delivery of the good news. Its an observation. Sorry if I'm not in your fan club.

gtx 970 @ 3440 x 1440p
people claim this does nothing but ive done it in every isi engine based games and have found it makes a difference
smiley.png

in your main folder find your config.ini file and adjust these lines to match your pc specs along with 3 other lines

gyazo.com/3f99e8922334cc83c3b316afe24460cf
ststem & video ram set to your pc specs after that set objdetail & TexDetail= 5 as well as shader level=5
save file in top left

When you press play to Automobilista in steam a few options will pop it select Launch Configuration tool
gyazo.com/d840f466004e9c4bd7325d9337fe17bd
these are my settings, i checked sweetfx its a nice subtle shader programmer than gives the game a nice warm feel....it is in brazil
smiley.png

You can now use anti Aliasing from none to 4, personally i didnt like it and i choose to override my AA in nvidias control panel using x8 AA & x8 Supersampling along with adaptive vsync...if this is too much for your system try level 4 for both.
gyazo.com/99cc871803b5e126bb583e9bcdfe20ce
gyazo.com/f22ea624fccc69daa8e2ed2fef0511eb

Ingame I have all settings set to max except shadows i run on med as some tracks take at fps hit and somewhat stutters which i dont want while racing.

Hi, It would be nice if you could please stop recommending people edit the config.ini

These settings no longer have any effect on visual quality of the game - and unnecessary recommending of editing files is only likely to result in things going wrong for those who don't know what they are doing.

Thank you :)

Just had a crazy race at curitiba first race of the Brazilian stock car season. So many incidents at the Chicane and the second to last corners with the ai. It was hella fun but just crazy. Dunno if things like the aiw is still being worked on but the ai really have difficulty racing the second to last corner here, running wide when running close together

That's actually pretty accurate to the real thing. :)

And here I thought the auto-shifting for Formula V10 was a bug...but after reading the thread I learned the V10 F1s really had auto-shifting! I never knew, the more you know. :laugh:

Oh well, at least that's sorted now. :)

Public servers are very accurate too :roflmao::roflmao:
That real life race at curitiba was CRAZY! In fact more crazy than my race... I skipped through but it seemed everytime I moved it on there was another incident! Just love these cars.... Can't wait till the ai can use the push to pass.... Need some more overtaking. Think we need to run these cars more at RD. I'm really not keen on the super v8's. Super close racing will be so much fun!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 378 16.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 257 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 247 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 304 13.1%