Assetto Corsa v0.4 released

I'm wondering how they will solve the balance in classes. I mean, let's hope the cars will have different characteristics, pros and cons but they will all be good enough to use. It would be a shame to have multiple cars in the same class, but only using one in league races (or wherever), because of the advantage, inside the class.

The P4/5 drives very differently from the M3 GT2, And im sure all the GT3's will be very different from each other. But i know what you mean, i'd hate to have all these beautiful cars just for everyone to drive the SLS as its the quickest etc.

As far as the "GT3" different cars being slightly superior etc let's hope that similar lap times are possible in all cars and that the differences are those little nuances that really make you take to one car over another as it really suits your driving style since everyone is a little different. Personally winning isn't the only or even one of the top reasons I will be out there on track in Multiplayer / leagues etc. I run a series in iRacing where we attempt to balance to the best of our abilities the Ford GT, McLaren MP4 and the Cadillac CTS-VR which are all really different. The Caddy is only at an advantage on a couple of tracks where the torque gives it the straight line edge. I like the feel, look and sound of the caddy over the other two so even tho I know my chance at winning is smaller I enjoy my time behind the wheel just the same so AC will be no different for me, the car that likes me the best will get the seat time regardless if I feel capable of winning in it. :D as always I'm content to find anyone close to my speed that I can have a little battle with, 1st or last place, I don't care.

As far as the "GT3" different cars being slightly superior etc let's hope that similar lap times are possible in all cars and that the differences are those little nuances that really make you take to one car over another as it really suits your driving style since everyone is a little different. Personally winning isn't the only or even one of the top reasons I will be out there on track in Multiplayer / leagues etc. I run a series in iRacing where we attempt to balance to the best of our abilities the Ford GT, McLaren MP4 and the Cadillac CTS-VR which are all really different. The Caddy is only at an advantage on a couple of tracks where the torque gives it the straight line edge. I like the feel, look and sound of the caddy over the other two so even tho I know my chance at winning is smaller I enjoy my time behind the wheel just the same so AC will be no different for me, the car that likes me the best will get the seat time regardless if I feel capable of winning in it. :D as always I'm content to find anyone close to my speed that I can have a little battle with, 1st or last place, I don't care.

Your racing philosophy is exactly the same as mine, i enjoy the battles in the pack and the taking part. Just all comes as part of the package for me, and at first i pick a car i love and then see how i get on with it.

YES YES YES YES YES!!!!!!!!!!

988429_783414921684828_1191058509_n.jpg

I love Imola but hate it at the same time, with full fuel etc in the GT2 my lap tunes are about 1:43.6 but I just can't get the first chicane right.

I'm looking forward to Monza so much :)
I did 1,41,9xx yesterday. Only change from default setup was ARB 4 at front and rear. It took me some time to lear how to approach first chicane, but once you learn it, it is not that hard. Last chickane is the worst.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.