Assetto Corsa v0.4 released

You knew what you were getting in the beginning. Sound familiar? haha

Look mate, just feck off over to the your rF2 forum and enjoy that over there. I know exactly what we have and what we are getting, I didnt moan in the post you have quoted you're are obviously a troll trying to call us fanobys in this forum, when you obvously are a rF2 fanboy.

Last edited:
People ,please calm down...Fanboys are everywere even if its rF2,pCars iRacing AC...and this is only in the racing comunity...
To have a favorite game and defending your point of view over that game.makes one a fanboy,then thats how some people view it...
But bashing one game and rising on a pedestal another game is what makes one a fanboy in my opinion...No fear guys,this wasnt started here and will not end here.....by definition,a "fanboy WIP" is in everyone on some level.

9943.gif

Print this out and do some coloring and when you guys are both done with it you can post the results in the offtopic forum and continue here on-topic please.

Be nice.

I'm enjoying the content as it is. Of course I would love to have a bash at multiplayer but I'm not in any rush, I'd rather it come in a state which is largely bug free. There is little point in chucking in features if they aren't ready.

Eh?! I read it and liked your FB page and your post on here.
yeah I was just hoping to turn the conversation of this thread back to a regular discussion, I appreciate the likes and the FB likes. I think whatever they give us in the next build will make me more excited about the final product as it has done so every build. Whatever they give us will probably be pretty cool. :D

More directly I'm guessing that it wouldn't be too hard for Aristotelis to tweak the performance of that Ferrari to match it to Ferrari Challenge spec, I need to do a little research but I'm curious as to the implications of that, do they run full blown slick tires and fully adjustable suspension? I think the 458 would benefit greatly from adjustable brake bias as well I'm just not clear on what the real series has in way of tech upgrades to the street car. Off to go do some searches.

something I read at theautogallerymotorsports.com

"Put simply, stepping out of the 458 road car and into the Challenge car seems like a totally different world." Champion racing driver and motorsports authority, Steve Millen - Road & Track, July 2011
"Forget what you think you know about speed. Even seasoned drivers of the most performance-oriented supercars are surprised by the raw business-like speed of a purpose built racer.
Designed specifically for motorsports, the 458 Challenge cars are sharper and more focused than any Ferrari you will find on the road. On paper the changes may seem small: The engine, transmission, differential and many other components are the same ones you will find on the standard 458 Italia.
The major changes on the Challenge car are in the details. Weight is down significantly thanks to extensive use of thinner aluminum body panels, carbon fiber and Lexan windows.
The suspension in the 458 Challenge is a no-compromise replacement of the standard setup. The 458 Italia road car utilizes rubber suspension components designed to reduce road noise and give extra driver comfort. Those components are nowhere to be found in the Challenge, giving drivers incomparable feel for the road.
Taking place on some of the most prestigious circuits in North America (Including two venues on Formula One weekends) the Ferrari 458 Challenge series offers unmatched competition and excitement for gentlemen drivers and professional competitors alike." [sic]

source http://www.theautogallerymotorsports.com/ferrari-458-challenge.htm

edit: the tires are slicks too.

something I read at theautogallerymotorsports.com

"Put simply, stepping out of the 458 road car and into the Challenge car seems like a totally different world." Champion racing driver and motorsports authority, Steve Millen - Road & Track, July 2011
"Forget what you think you know about speed. Even seasoned drivers of the most performance-oriented supercars are surprised by the raw business-like speed of a purpose built racer.
Designed specifically for motorsports, the 458 Challenge cars are sharper and more focused than any Ferrari you will find on the road. On paper the changes may seem small: The engine, transmission, differential and many other components are the same ones you will find on the standard 458 Italia.
The major changes on the Challenge car are in the details. Weight is down significantly thanks to extensive use of thinner aluminum body panels, carbon fiber and Lexan windows.
The suspension in the 458 Challenge is a no-compromise replacement of the standard setup. The 458 Italia road car utilizes rubber suspension components designed to reduce road noise and give extra driver comfort. Those components are nowhere to be found in the Challenge, giving drivers incomparable feel for the road.
Taking place on some of the most prestigious circuits in North America (Including two venues on Formula One weekends) the Ferrari 458 Challenge series offers unmatched competition and excitement for gentlemen drivers and professional competitors alike." [sic]

source http://www.theautogallerymotorsports.com/ferrari-458-challenge.htm

edit: the tires are slicks too.

Looked into this series and i think it could be a heck of a lot of fun, not much modding needed from Aristotelis either i dont think, he will prob say different haha.

I have one request right now : please fix replays,i saved many crazy laps,but couldn't read them ! when i load them i just get some buggy screen with the car flying,i can even play and change gears :(
If you have change "maximum replay file size" try to set it at 26mb(default). I have read it somewhere in ac forum and it worked for me for the new replays but not with the already saved.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 289 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 193 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 194 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 250 13.4%