Assetto Corsa Support League (non F1 Weekends)

header.jpg

The Assetto Corsa Off Week Championship

Championship Standings are here.

Schedule is here.

Rules are here, to the extent applicable, and based on the below from this website.

Participant Sign up and List is here.

Race Settings
Factory Traction Control: None
Factory ABS: None
Stability Control: Off
Tire Wear & Fuel Consumption: 200%
Manual Gears Only
(clutch assist and blip on)
Driving Line: Off
Penlites: On
Corner Cutting: On (5 sec. penalty)
Pit Exit / Entry Penalties: On

Last edited by a moderator:
Quick heads up guys, been laid up all day with Flu or some kind of infection so struggling to make the race. I'll try to start but not sure i'll finish.

Just a reminder too.. there is no prompting to the the grid at the start. You have a limited time to sort your setup out and select drive to take your place.

Cheers guys. That was a lot of fun especially the early part with Eric and Karl snapping at my heels. One mistake and I was toast but thankfully held it all together and then I think they had a bit of a coming together which left me alone up front.

Pitted at the end of lap 15 for fuel and also took on fresh tyres although I had wanted to just change the rears but appatently that's not possible so had to take both adding to the stop time but still came out ahead with second placed Rob pitting at the same time but I think about 25-30 seconds into my 46 second stop.Did you take on tyres Rob?

Karl started closing down on me and tbh I was close to having to bail I was feeling so rough at this point but held on and once I realised he was on his original tyres I was confident he would have to pit or if not would struggle to stick with me through the final and first two turns when the tyres really need the grip. Loved turn 1/2 which I would always take in 5th with just a slight lift before going flat through it. Brilliant.

Love these old cars above all others and always feel at home in them :inlove: No age jokes please :roflmao:

Nice driving everyone :thumbsup:

Sorry for no chat.. it was as much as icoukd do to concentrate on the driving tonight. Off to bed with a Lemsip now.

Well done Peter. I knew after the contact with Eric and having to stop early that I was going to need to stop again due to tyres. I could have maybe stayed out and put slow laps in but I was never going to have the speed to get by you on yellow tyres, and I didn't know if the tyres would burst so I played the safe card.

Here's the race from my view.

Close call with Eric end of lap 4.
Contact with Eric end of lap 7.
Pit Stop end of lap 9 (Fuel, Tyres, Repairs)
Second pit stop end of lap 23 (Tyres)

Last edited:
Q4
P3
This was a blast, for sure. I'm sending Peter an official copy of Project Cars 2. That should keep him occupied for a while. :whistling::laugh:
Had a little trouble off the start, with what looked like a stalled car, but with minimal damage, I carried on. Began chasing Peter, Eric, and Karl down, or so I thought, but it was a good run.
I finally got the start procedure right, and climbed up to 2nd or so, after a few of the leaders pit. Thinking back I should have loaded the car up to 155 like I wanted, but chickened out. That would have save the infernal "gas up" procedure in the pit stall. I pit once.
Second half saw too many offs, and I could not take advantage of Karl having to pit twice. Well done to Peter and Karl...you guys are the real deal...seem to have a knack for car control. We were all so close, and this is a mighty fun series.
(Very sorry for the discos. The lobby seemed pretty stable with few complaints, but has a shaky track record).

Here's my race (plus quali after my first run).

This game is so much fun with the best driving model we currently have available but agree with Boothy the stuttering screen is horrible. I had a headache anyway :sick: and it almost made me quit out at one point it got so bad but I am glad I stuck it out.

Last edited:
Next car is the Mercedes C9 around Magione.

The stuttering is definitely a problem. If we could turn that stupid mirror up top to "off" (now that you have a look-back" button) I'm sure it would help. There is no weather, so that's not impacting frame rate. And nobody is constantly leaving or coming in, so that shouldn't be an issue. I don't race in public servers on Assetto much, but has anyone noticed an improvement if the server is public? (We'd have to kick strangers). The ping rate is high with Assetto, but I'm not sure why. We all clearly have a better ping to each other, judging from other games and tests I have run to London (generally around 100-120). Anyone else have a clue as to how to lower the impact of this? We could try another host, but then Karl, Eric, myself, Peter2 and some others get impacted. The only thing I can think of is -- perhaps since this game is server based (instead of host based) maybe my ping to Italy (or wherever they have the "rackserve" servers set up) is important (unlike other games, where it's just the ping to each other). We can try with Peter1 hosting if he's willing. But from what I've seen, it's a game weakness. Peter and I are hardwired and my speed is 1G.

ASSETTO CORSA SUPPORT SERIES
Race Five
: November 5th; 4p EDT; 9p BST
Car - Sauber-Mercedes C9 1989
Sauber-Mercedes-C9+%282%29.jpg

Track - Mugello

Format:
30 min Practice
20 minute Qualifying
25 Lap Race (standing start)
Weather: Cloudy

** NO Assists allowed (unless factory installed / game recognized). **

Factory Traction Control: None
Factory ABS: None
Stability Control: Off
Tire Wear & Fuel Consumption: 200%
Manual Gears Only
(clutch assist and blip on)
Driving Line: Off
Penalties: On
Corner Cutting: On (5 sec. penalty)
Pit Exit / Entry Penalties: On

Password: 5

Last edited:
Slight track change on mine, so, moving Eric in back of you, @Matthew Booth, what car/track combo would you like after the next?

BTW, the next race is changed (track-wise) to Mugello. I was thinking the wrong "M" in Italy. lol.
Cool.. new car and new track for me that should provide a decent challenge. I'm much more at home in the old cars so not expecting to be at the sharp end in this one lol.

I think the last time I drove one of these type of cars was in Grid Autosport.. that was some fun racing back then :inlove:

Cool.. new car and new track for me that should provide a decent challenge. I'm much more at home in the old cars so not expecting to be at the sharp end in this one lol.

I think the last time I drove one of these type of cars was in Grid Autosport.. that was some fun racing back then :inlove:
Uhhh. You are in for a massive treat. This is sort of an "old" car, but not to you probably. :laugh:

This may be my favorite car of all time, any series, except IndyCar. This was a brute. This class was catching and beating F1 cars at the time. So, F1 got nervous and hit innovation with a hammer, like they always do (they do it in WEC too). But before they could get their mits in the 1989 version, they produced this beast. There are more in its class, but this sounds like nirvana to me, and handles more like an open wheeler. It's like driving the 98T with some serious weight and more attitude. lol. I love it. And assetto does it perfectly.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.