Assetto Corsa Support League (non F1 Weekends)

header.jpg

The Assetto Corsa Off Week Championship

Championship Standings are here.

Schedule is here.

Rules are here, to the extent applicable, and based on the below from this website.

Participant Sign up and List is here.

Race Settings
Factory Traction Control: None
Factory ABS: None
Stability Control: Off
Tire Wear & Fuel Consumption: 200%
Manual Gears Only
(clutch assist and blip on)
Driving Line: Off
Penlites: On
Corner Cutting: On (5 sec. penalty)
Pit Exit / Entry Penalties: On

Last edited by a moderator:
I tried Robs brake bios setting last night, but the back end kept coming around under braking so i had to put it back to the default 55 setting. Was only on for a few laps and didn't see any marked improvement in my time. I could easily be at the back all race long i think.

How many laps are we doing? I'm finding the more fuel i add to the car the harder it is to handle.

I tried Robs brake bios setting last night, but the back end kept coming around under braking so i had to put it back to the default 55 setting. Was only on for a few laps and didn't see any marked improvement in my time. I could easily be at the back all race long i think.

How many laps are we doing? I'm finding the more fuel i add to the car the harder it is to handle.
The race is 32 laps. It's a shame we can't mirror our online race settings in the offline races as well as that would make it easier to determine fuel, tyres, etc.

Can't remember what I set my brakes to but generally I prefer them more to the front but I think here I don't go as far as in other cars.

The race is 32 laps. It's a shame we can't mirror our online race settings in the offline races as well as that would make it easier to determine fuel, tyres, etc.

Can't remember what I set my brakes to but generally I prefer them more to the front but I think here I don't go as far as in other cars.
32 laps is gonna make the race about an hour long.
2x fuel and tyre wear could make for a 2 stop race maybe.....

You have to change your driving style for this car. Straight line breaking very hard, but I forgot to mention brake pressure. Lower it to midline. 90 I think. That will allow you, with a more neutral brake bias, to brake hard straight line and then trail brake a little. Playing F1, despite how much fun it is, has no relation to a critical aspect of racing. Brakes. Even in real life, those cars have so much so breaking that it's like a parachute. Lol.

You have to change your driving style for this car. Straight line breaking very hard, but I forgot to mention brake pressure. Lower it to midline. 90 I think. That will allow you, with a more neutral brake bias, to brake hard straight line and then trail brake a little. Playing F1, despite how much fun it is, has no relation to a critical aspect of racing. Brakes. Even in real life, those cars have so much so breaking that it's like a parachute. Lol.
I actually don't brake hard in this car... I brake earlier, carry more speed through the corner and get on the throttle sooner. That may change with more time in the seat but that was how I found the extra time last week. That's the interesting thing to see the different techniques employed by us all.

Last edited:
I actually don't brake hard in this car... I brake earlier, carry more speed through the corner and get on the throttle sooner. That may change with more time in the seat but that was how I found the extra time last week. That's the interesting thing to see the different techniques employed by us all.
And if I brake later, like Lewis Hamilton explained in a cute story about his Dad, then carry the same speed into the corner, I win. :geek:

Managed to get in a little practice last night.. felt good to be back on track after a week's hiatus.

Quickly back into the 1:49's and then slipped another second with 1:48's in a 20 minute qualifying session finishing with a best of 1:48.4. Frustratingly my final 2 laps were both significantly up on that (one by over a second!!) but I came across AI towards the end of the lap in the twisty section so couldn't get in the optimal lap.

I was only able to do part of the 32 lap race but the car felt pretty good although still so easy to make a mistake. Opening laps were in the 49's but then down to the 48's and actually on the heavier fuel load managed to set faster laps than in the qualifying session. Should have been into the 47's and probably 46's on a number of occasions but either traffic or little mistakes held me back. Good fun though. This car will catch plenty out on Sunday for sure. I reckon there are 45's possible with the right conditions and clear track.

Need to do some work on the gears as in the race I was red lining about three-quarters of the way down the start/finish straight which strangely was not the case in qualifying or practice :O_o: so that slowed me a bit and caused some engine damage. I'll get some laps down in an online practice session too with the our Sunday race settings to make sure there are no online surprises and check the tyre and fuel rate as accurately as possible.

The car is pretty fragile so any contact will be costly.. slightest touch with another car causes damage and effects the handling so don't think you can nudge cars without penalty in this one. It looks like a tank but appears made of tissue paper lol Not sure if that's accurate but certainly surprised me as I expected it to be one you could rub fenders without fear of costly damage.

Messed around for about 3 hours with this set up. What a handful! Didn't get much practice in, but initial run was a 1.54. Really have to go easy on the throttle, especially going up hill. Again.... I forgot how good this game is!!!
I put pC2 away until it's fixed. All I end up doing is sitting and waiting in lobby's, and then never get going, and if I do, then I get booted. FPOS. I have Assassin's Creed Origins to keep me busy until pC2 maybe finally works next year.

Managed to get in a little practice last night.. felt good to be back on track after a week's hiatus.

Quickly back into the 1:49's and then slipped another second with 1:48's in a 20 minute qualifying session finishing with a best of 1:48.4. Frustratingly my final 2 laps were both significantly up on that (one by over a second!!) but I came across AI towards the end of the lap in the twisty section so couldn't get in the optimal lap.

I was only able to do part of the 32 lap race but the car felt pretty good although still so easy to make a mistake. Opening laps were in the 49's but then down to the 48's and actually on the heavier fuel load managed to set faster laps than in the qualifying session. Should have been into the 47's and probably 46's on a number of occasions but either traffic or little mistakes held me back. Good fun though. This car will catch plenty out on Sunday for sure. I reckon there are 45's possible with the right conditions and clear track.

Need to do some work on the gears as in the race I was red lining about three-quarters of the way down the start/finish straight which strangely was not the case in qualifying or practice :O_o: so that slowed me a bit and caused some engine damage. I'll get some laps down in an online practice session too with the our Sunday race settings to make sure there are no online surprises and check the tyre and fuel rate as accurately as possible.

The car is pretty fragile so any contact will be costly.. slightest touch with another car causes damage and effects the handling so don't think you can nudge cars without penalty in this one. It looks like a tank but appears made of tissue paper lol Not sure if that's accurate but certainly surprised me as I expected it to be one you could rub fenders without fear of costly damage.

Ohhh no. This can't stand. We will not have a repeat of the Brands debacle. :laugh: You don't even drive a car for fu*ks sake. :confused: Have you been lying to us all along? The most SIM of SIMs comes out and you are killing it? WTF? Hell, I need to go play Assetto now.

Prepare for some video of me either crashing in frustration every lap or besting Peter's tale of woe. I KNEW I shouldn't have chosen a car that is nothing more than an F1 car in bulkier clothing. Scratch that...way more powerful that an F1 car of the time, but almost as grippy. It had better times at Monza, I believe Eric said.

Sadly you are right on the frailty. These cars were a lot beefier than today's F1 car, but not so much beefier than the ones back then. If you took the shell off, that's about what you would have. It's the sound, I think, that makes you think it's a tank. That may be the best sounding car ever.

Let me get this straight. Your plan is to "glide to victory" by not out-breaking me? :O_o::laugh:
Yep.... worked in the three races I've had so far :whistling: i've never been a late braker, similar to Karl in that I think. I've found it's more prevalent in Assetto that any other game I've played. Not saying its the right way, it's just my way.

But just to clarify I'm not expecting to be running at the front this week. I think it will be a struggle for a number of reasons and I'm fully expecting you to be quick here :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Yep.... worked in the three races I've had so far :whistling: i've never been a late braker, similar to Karl in that I think. I've found it's more prevalent in Assetto that any other game I've played. Not saying its the right way, it's just my way.

But just to clarify I'm not expecting to be running at the front this week. I think it will be a struggle for a number of reasons and I'm fully expecting you to be quick here :thumbsup:
Well, I can confirm I'm not. :laugh: Just can't seem to break the high 49s even with full turbo and low fuel. :O_o:

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 13 12.5%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 10 9.6%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 10 9.6%
  • Thursday

Votes: 12 11.5%
  • Friday

Votes: 40 38.5%
  • Saturday

Votes: 59 56.7%