Assetto Corsa Support League (non F1 Weekends)

header.jpg

The Assetto Corsa Off Week Championship

Championship Standings are here.

Schedule is here.

Rules are here, to the extent applicable, and based on the below from this website.

Participant Sign up and List is here.

Race Settings
Factory Traction Control: None
Factory ABS: None
Stability Control: Off
Tire Wear & Fuel Consumption: 200%
Manual Gears Only
(clutch assist and blip on)
Driving Line: Off
Penlites: On
Corner Cutting: On (5 sec. penalty)
Pit Exit / Entry Penalties: On

Last edited by a moderator:
ASSETTO CORSA SUPPORT SERIES
Race Four
: October 15; 4p EDT; 9p BST
Car - Ferrari 312T
1975-ferrari-312t.jpg

Track - Vallelunga (full)

Format:
30 min Practice
20 minute Qualifying
30 Lap Race (standing start)
Weather: Sunny

** NO Assists allowed (unless factory installed / game recognized). **

Factory Traction Control: None
Factory ABS: None
Stability Control: Off
Tire Wear & Fuel Consumption: 200%
Manual Gears Only
(clutch assist and blip on)
Driving Line: Off
Penalties: On
Corner Cutting: On (5 sec. penalty)
Pit Exit / Entry Penalties: On

Last edited:
Anybody got any time on track here yet? I had some fun around there today but struggling to find anything on setup so I've gone back to default. AI at hard are very quick here with times around the 1:35 mark. Best I could manage was a 1:36.1. Unfortunately the AI are as at Brands Hatch prone to sliding off track and lap 1 I had two of them stuck on the outside of turn 3 and they stayed there from that point on so there was a permanent yellow flag coming around turn 1 until passing where they were stranded. I hope this side of the AI is patched next time out.

Tough and challenging track which will I'm sure test everyone and see the outskirts of the track explored regularly oil

Yea, I'm struggling too. The car itself is easier to drive than the 98T, but the track is not familiar to me. I actually love that, since, in my world, except with NASCAR Heat 2 and Dirt4, the same tracks appear again and again. They tend to follow F1, which gets very old. F1 tracks are the worst in the world due to FIA micromanagement.

Great choice Karl. I was in the 36s once, but I didn't try a setup either. Generally, the setups are pretty good on the Assetto Setup site. Anyone tried one? Peter, you seems to say that you did try something, but it was worse than default? What did you try, so I can stay away? lol.

• Fuel: 10 L
  • Brake bias (front %): 48 %
  • Engine limiter: 108 %
  • Front ARB: 7
  • Rear ARB: 2
/ Tires
  • Pressure: 18
  • Pressure: 20
  • Pressure: 17
  • Pressure: 19
/ Aero
  • Front wing: 7
  • Rear wing: 2
/ Differential
  • Power: 25
  • Coast: 20
/ Front suspension
  • Toe out: 49
  • Toe out: 49
  • Camber: -30
  • Camber: -30
  • Rod length: 400
  • Rod length: 400
  • Spring rate: 50
  • Spring rate: 50
/ Rear suspension
  • Toe out: 9
  • Toe out: 9
  • Camber: -10
  • Camber: -10
  • Rod length: 450
  • Rod length: 450
  • Spring rate: 100
  • Spring rate: 100
/ Front dampers
  • Bump: 3
  • Rebound: 6
  • Rebound: 6
/ Rear dampers
  • Rebound: 7
  • Rebound: 7

/ General
  • Fuel: 45 L
  • Brake bias (front %): 54 %
  • Engine limiter: 101 %
  • Front ARB: 8
/ Tires
/ Aero
  • Front wing: 3
  • Rear wing: 3
/ Differential
  • Power: 15
  • Coast: 40
/ Front suspension
  • Toe out: 35
  • Camber: -18
  • Rod length: 330
  • Spring rate: 65
/ Rear suspension
  • Toe out: 0
  • Camber: -12
  • Rod length: 440
  • Spring rate: 90
/ Front dampers
  • Bump: 9
  • Rebound: 9
/ Rear dampers
  • Bump: 4
  • Rebound: 5

You have been watching F1 too long. That's the norm in the real world.
Errr.. no its not, your world maybe lol I was referring to the fact you could completely cut the track without penalty.

Anyway I think what I was remembering was the hotlap challenge where damage was non-existent and you could ride the rails to get a faster time at certain sections there. I'd have to go back and check that forum to be sure though.

Love the track though :thumbsup:

Yea, I'm struggling too. The car itself is easier to drive than the 98T, but the track is not familiar to me. I actually love that, since, in my world, except with NASCAR Heat 2 and Dirt4, the same tracks appear again and again. They tend to follow F1, which gets very old. F1 tracks are the worst in the world due to FIA micromanagement.

Great choice Karl. I was in the 36s once, but I didn't try a setup either. Generally, the setups are pretty good on the Assetto Setup site. Anyone tried one? Peter, you seems to say that you did try something, but it was worse than default? What did you try, so I can stay away? lol.
Funnily enough I struggle more with this car than the 98T.. it doesn't bite like the Lotus but I find it more tricky to get consistency with it. But that being said when I took it for a race rather than just practice the consistency was much better. Practice just tended to be very up and down.. one good lap one so-so then a mess, then decent.. etc lol The track also makes it difficult, have to keep to that dark groove or else there's a real loss of grip. Should be an interesting race :thumsbup:

I tried various things..higher aero, more forward brake bias, increased engine limiter, reduced pressures, softer springs, harder springs, etc. But none of it was better than the default. I'll cherck out something from the database and see how it compares. I remember watching a program on the 312T and Nicki Lauda said it was a very tricky car to setup right and that seems to be the case so far in the game too. Well, let me clarify that.. Lauda said others had problems getting it setup right.. he got in did one lap, told them what to change and then it flew. On a knife edge but for him that was fine.

@Rob are you talking about the setup database? I just checked that and it only has one setup and the guy claims to have done a 1:09 something... I can only assume that's for a shorter version of the track as there's no way anyone is doing a 1:09 at the one we are running :confused:

/ General
  • Fuel: 45 L
  • Brake bias (front %): 54 %
  • Engine limiter: 101 %
  • Front ARB: 8
/ Tires
/ Aero
  • Front wing: 3
  • Rear wing: 3
/ Differential
  • Power: 15
  • Coast: 40
/ Front suspension
/ Rear suspension
/ Front dampers
/ Rear dampers
Engine Limiter 101%.. i'm confused here as I don't get a % figure, mine goes from 0-10?

Anything above about 7 and the engine doesn't last beyond about ten laps.

Anybody else have a different parameter on the setups?

Funnily enough I struggle more with this car than the 98T
Thank God. You left us all in the dirt at Brands. :thumbsup:
The track also makes it difficult, have to keep to that dark groove or else there's a real loss of grip.
That's how all tracks should be, but Assetto actually is.
Well, let me clarify that.. Lauda said others had problems getting it setup right.. he got in did one lap, told them what to change and then it flew. On a knife edge but for him that was fine.
Lauda is an idiot. He's an anal control freak with no sense of humor. People feel sorry for him because he got burned, which was horrific, but not unusual. Lauda, I'm sure, couldn't communicate with his pit crew I'm sure. Tell sky to stop giving air time to his incoherent babble. :cautious:
@Rob are you talking about the setup database? I just checked that and it only has one setup and the guy claims to have done a 1:09 something... I can only assume that's for a shorter version of the track as there's no way anyone is doing a 1:09 at the one we are running :confused:
You are checking the wrong database or using it incorrectly. Those are cut and paste directly. Try harder. :laugh:
Engine Limiter 101%.. i'm confused here as I don't get a % figure, mine goes from 0-10?
And? You want a cookie? I can't even play until tomorrow. :sleep:
Anything above about 7 and the engine doesn't last beyond about ten laps.
That's because they qualified. It's good for that.
I'm wondering if setup options for the game are slightly different on the PC?
Probably. So just ignore it. :ninja:

Thank God. You left us all in the dirt at Brands. :thumbsup:

That's how all tracks should be, but Assetto actually is.

Lauda is an idiot. He's an anal control freak with no sense of humor. People feel sorry for him because he got burned, which was horrific, but not unusual. Lauda, I'm sure, couldn't communicate with his pit crew I'm sure. Tell sky to stop giving air time to his incoherent babble. :cautious:

You are checking the wrong database or using it incorrectly. Those are cut and paste directly. Try harder. :laugh:

And? You want a cookie? I can't even play until tomorrow. :sleep:

That's because they qualified. It's good for that.

Probably. So just ignore it. :ninja:
Nope.. I was using it correctly.. one of those setups you posted is from Spa not Vallelunga ;)

Lauda 3 time world champion.. I think he knew a thing or 2 about driving fast and setups and listening to all the guys he worked with and for would tend to confirm that. Sky... not sure why they come into it, I certainly didn't mention them but I guess you just love them so much you have to plug them whenever you can ;)

I play a couple of hours in the week, you play at the weekend.. swings and roundabouts.

Just pointing out that the engine limiter setting is not the same on console.

Nope.. I was using it correctly.. one of those setups you posted is from Spa not Vallelunga ;)
No **** Sherlock. Lol. You failed to mention that your "only has one setup" meant "only has one setup for the track we are running." You can use other track setups with good effect Peter. It's really more important to pay attention to the type of controller and the number of downloads, as long as it's close to the same layout, not identical.

I ended up something like this:

General
  • Fuel: 155 L
  • Brake bias (front %): 48 %
  • Engine limiter: 8 %
  • Front ARB: 7
/ Tires
  • Pressure: 18
  • Pressure: 17