Assetto Corsa Support League (non F1 Weekends)

header.jpg

The Assetto Corsa Off Week Championship

Championship Standings are here.

Schedule is here.

Rules are here, to the extent applicable, and based on the below from this website.

Participant Sign up and List is here.

Race Settings
Factory Traction Control: None
Factory ABS: None
Stability Control: Off
Tire Wear & Fuel Consumption: 200%
Manual Gears Only
(clutch assist and blip on)
Driving Line: Off
Penlites: On
Corner Cutting: On (5 sec. penalty)
Pit Exit / Entry Penalties: On

Last edited by a moderator:
Q=2
R=3

Qually was perfect, well almost because NJ was 2 sec quicker:confused: anyway I did my best lap 2.02.7xx :cool:.

Too much disorder before start, almost missed the start at Barcelona this time it was proper disaster :geek:, bang! from behind but the best was still comming, someone put the car sideways at the " esses " that was preety much it but I'd choose not to quit, not only me :thumbsup:.

Not much to add, great car great track...:thumbsdown:
See You in two weeks time guys.

Just tested my pedals in Project Cars 2 and NASCAR Heat 2 and although the throttle travel wasn't showing short like it did in Assetto it was clearly exhibiting problems with some erratic and jerky inputs. So I took it apart and boy what a mess in there lol. Dog hair and fluff all over, you just can't believe how that all gets in there lol... it's a wonder it worked as well as it did :O_o:. So gave it a good clean out and will re-grease it tomorrow and hope that fixes the throttle issue. Also going to look at inserting an extra spring or two to try to improve the resistance somewhat.

Just tested my pedals in Project Cars 2 and NASCAR Heat 2 and although the throttle travel wasn't showing short like it did in Assetto it was clearly exhibiting problems with some erratic and jerky inputs. So I took it apart and boy what a mess in there lol. Dog hair and fluff all over, you just can't believe how that all gets in there lol... it's a wonder it worked as well as it did :O_o:. So gave it a good clean out and will re-grease it tomorrow and hope that fixes the throttle issue. Also going to look at inserting an extra spring or two to try to improve the resistance somewhat.

Can you post a pic?

Great evening Q=1 R=1
Had the best qualifying ever and then into the best start ever which has been letting me down in the past so the practice starts finally paid of.
Race .New I had to get a gap from Karl as he has been so quick in the pits on stops and it just worked out for me as just getting first corner from Karl after stop but was so close then it was a matter of taking it to the finish line with no mistakes. Thanks guys for another great evening.

Can you post a pic?
I did a bit of investigating and I may not go the extra spring route now, depends what I can find locally. I'll see what is in the local stores here to see what I can make use of but something along the lines of the conical brake mod to give resistance towards the end of the brake travel which can be done externally rather than inside the pedal unit might be better.

I'll post something as and when I get it sorted.

Q-3
R-2

Didn't have the best Quali. was 3 tenths off my PB.
Race start was better than it has been, so that's positive. With Max missing the start i was immediately up to P2. Kept in touch with Neale through the first stint until we reached a backmarker. He got through quicker than i did and i could no longer see him. Couple laps later was pit stop time and had a close call with Mike (i think) as he was exiting his box and i was going into mine which was a few spots ahead of his. I yelled out i was incoming but then realized i had my mic switched off...lol. We didn't make contact in the end....he might have seen me or we might just have got lucky. It would be good to look back on in my video if i hadn't forgot to start it....

Anyway, back on track and wondering how far the gap to Neale was...then out of the pit lane he comes. We were much closer than i thought we would be. I had gained time somehow on the pit stop...but i was so startled to be that close i missed the braking point for T1 and put my car on the grass. By the time i negotiated T1 he was quite a way in front.

I kept in touch with him for the next bunch of laps, maybe 8 or so, but then i had a spin at T11 and that was it. I lost about 8 seconds in the spin and that made the gap too much to try and make up.

Fun race though. Too bad for the incident at the start, but that's racing.

Last edited:
High or low lights of the race from my cocpit, tragic compression allover :poop:. Not fun to watch anyway but here it is...

2:20 - personal best :thumbsup:
18:50 - personal ffest :laugh:
20:15 - direct hit :mad:
Borefest ever since :sleep:

Is there any chance to run whole gt3 season or something. Fun races are ok but i'm hungrier.

It would be better if we do 2, 3 or 4 sprint races because it is really boring after a crash on lap one, or any other issue. AC is more than a game it is a sim if we are going to play f1, Forza, PC2 and then practice for 20+ laps race AC just before racing evening then im not sure. Maybe 3 or 4 sprint races would be better option otherwise we are making nonsense of good product.

Not sure how the rest feel about it but i'd like to compete a bit, then chat and resolve problems.
Maybe 3 short sprint races over two weeks?

And then all ****... went down...:p

High or low lights of the race from my cocpit, tragic compression allover :poop:. Not fun to watch anyway but here it is...

2:20 - personal best :thumbsup:
18:50 - personal ffest :laugh:
20:15 - direct hit :mad:
Borefest ever since :sleep:

Is there any chance to run whole gt3 season or something. Fun races are ok but i'm hungrier.

It would be better if we do 2, 3 or 4 sprint races because it is really boring after a crash on lap one, or any other issue. AC is more than a game it is a sim if we are going to play f1, Forza, PC2 and then practice for 20+ laps race AC just before racing evening then im not sure. Maybe 3 or 4 sprint races would be better option otherwise we are making nonsense of good product.

Not sure how the rest feel about it but i'd like to compete a bit, then chat and resolve problems.
Maybe 3 short sprint races over two weeks?

And then all ****... went down...:p
Not sure of your point Marcin.. The reason we race longer races is because it is a sim and not a game. Sprint races are for 'games' and there are public lobbies for that format of racing. Never been particularly keen on sprints as its too one dimensional with no depth and of course with Assetto requires a new lobby each time. Assetto is more suited to longer prevents for this very reason.

Most guys on here practice plenty for these races well before the pre-race practice session. I know for definite that myself, Karl, Neale and Peter S got in good practice over several days in preparation. Didn't you yourself state that you had had little practice before Sunday afternoon?

The reason we run various cars and tracks is to keep it fresh and that has certainly been the case over the 12 races we've completed I think everyone would concur. I agree that running a full series of one make would be fun too and that's something I am definitely open to but it would have to be on seperate day due to the full F1 schedule which has fewer free Sundays now, hence my thread relating to a different day for Assetto races.

Managed to get my pedals put back together tonight after giving the internals a good clean out. A bit fiddly getting the potentiometers correctly set but finally managed to get them correct and all in working order. Used the Calibration tools in pCars 2 and NASCAR Heat to test the range and both gave perfect readings and much smoother progression than my test after last nights race. Jumped into pCars 2 for a test and all was good there and then fired up Assetto for direct comparison with last night. Immediately it showed the throttle was getting full range and as a result I gained around 8mph down the main straights. Started a race and set a 2:03.353 on the 4th lap which was 6 seconds improved over my best last night and would have been good enough for fastest lap of our race yesterday :confused:.

Hopefully that's it, problem solved :thumbsup:.

Didn't get around to doing anything about the brake mod but have found a suitable material that I'm hoping can be used for it. I'll try that tomorrow :thumbsup:

Updated results and table after Sunday's race at Nurburgring:-

Championship Results and Standings*

Race One - Lotus 25, Monza 1965 Full
Driver - Fast Lap - Points
Peter (2:49.318) - 25
Eric (2:51.101) - 18
Karl (2:49.963) - 15
Nealson (2:50.091) - 12
Schneeb (2:55.355) - 10
Rob (2:52.926) - 8
Will (2:56.169) - 6

Race Two - Mazda 757B, Silverstone Classic
Eric (1:22.258) - 25
Nealson (1:21.921) - 18
Will (1:22.255) - 15
Rob (1:22.003) - 12
Boothy (1:21.921) - 10
Mike (1:22.305) - 8
Shneeb (1:27.868) - 6

Race Three - Lotus 98T, Brands Hatch
Karl (1:10.508) - 25
Peter (1:12.333) - 18
Eric (1:13.735) - 15
Rob (1:14.969) - 12
NJ Wilding (1:16.087) - 10
Big Will (1:15.126) - 8
Boothy DNF

Race Four – Ferrari 312T, Vallelunga
Peter (1:36.234) - 25
Karl (1:35.413) - 18
Rob (1:36.092) - 15
Eric (1:36.754) - 12
NJ Wilding (1:36.754) - 10
Shneeb (1:41.647) - 8
Big Will (1:41.312) – 6

Race Five – Mercedes Sauber C9, Mugello
Neale (1:50.006) 25
Karl (1:50.389) 18
Rob (1:50.320)15
Peter (1:48.326) 12
Eric (1:51.641) 10
Will (1:52.980) 8
Shneeb (1:55.789) 6
Boothy DNF

Race Six - Alfa Romeo 155, Zandvort

Eric (1:52.763) 25
Neale (1:52.495) 18
Peter (1:53.187)15
Rob (1:53.572) 12
Shneeb (1:56.590) 10
Will DNF
Karl DNF
Boothy DNF

Race Seven - Chevrolet Corvette C7R , Nordschliefe

Neale (6:59.927) 25
Peter (7:05.784) 18
Shneeb (7:51.014)15
Eric DNF
Will DNF
Boothy DNF

Race Eight – Porsche RS 718 Spyder , Highlands Drift
Neale (2:40.118) 25
Eric (2:44.326) 18
Peter (2:46.629) 15
Karl (2:45.669)12
Shneeb (2:50.527) 10

Race Nine – KTM X-Bow, Magione
Neale (1:19.497) 25
Max (1:19.466) 18
Karl (1:19.886) 15
Eric (1:19.890) 12
Peter (1:19.461) 10
Will (1:21.809) 8
Shneeb (1:21.931) 6

Race Ten – Ford Focus RS1600, Brands hatch Indy
RACE 1
Max (N\A) 25
Will (56.292) 18
Eric (55.459) 15

Neale (56.205) 12
Peter (57.001) 10
Shneeb (58.509) 8
BasicB (59.514) 6
Mike (58.202) 4
Karl (56.146) 2

RACE 2
Karl (56.170) 25
Max (55.153) 18
Will (56.206) 15

Neale (55.717) 10
Peter (56.829) 8
Eric (56.316) 6
Shneeb (58.670) 4

BasicB DNF
Mike DNF

Race Eleven – Lotus Elvora, Catalunya Moto GP Circuit
Peter (1:50.259) 25
Max (1:490.393) 18
Neale (1:49.247) 15
RobP (1:51.460 12

Karl (1:49.799) 10
Shneeb (1:56.482) 8

Mike DNF

Race Twelve – Audi R8 LMS Ultra, Nurburgring GP Circuit
Neale (2:03.545) 25
Karl (2:04.38) 18

Max (2:05.145) 15
Peter (2:09.279) 12
WIll (2:03.786) 10
Mike (2:08.174) 8
Shneeb (2:0317) 6

Overall - Pts - Races - Wins - Podiums
Nealson - 230 - 13 - 5 - 8
Peter – 193 - 12 - 3 - 7
Karl - 158 - 11 - 2 - 7
Eric - 156 - 11 - 2 - 6
Peter S (Shneeb) - 91 - 12 - 0 - 1
Will - 86 - 11 - 0 - 3
Max - 81 - 5 - 1 - 5
Rob - 74 - 6 - 0 - 2 (no longer racing)

Boothy 10 - 5 - 0
Mikey 20 - 4 - 0

* Points assigned in identical fashion to F1 2017

My point is, apetite rise while You eat, first of all i love to chat but rather after the race or into practice. Talking is rather big issue while we are trying to focus on things. You had it with KTM, i was just on time in Barcelona but way to late sunday, Brands Hatch we did 2 races and it was cool.

Sprint race and then endurance is good option i guess, maybe skipping practice ?
My practice before the race was very limited still not bad for nr 2 driver :p:inlove:.
I'm dying to drive full season against this pack, just put slower to faster cars GT3 class. Come on people whadaya think, Hemps would say i miss You Old Vampire:ninja:...

My point is, apetite rise while You eat, first of all i love to chat but rather after the race or into practice. Talking is rather big issue while we are trying to focus on things. You had it with KTM, i was just on time in Barcelona but way to late sunday, Brands Hatch we did 2 races and it was cool.

Sprint race and then endurance is good option i guess, maybe skipping practice ?
My practice before the race was very limited still not bad for nr 2 driver :p:inlove:.
I'm dying to drive full season against this pack, just put slower to faster cars GT3 class. Come on people whadaya think, Hemps would say i miss You Old Vampire:ninja:...

Appetite is fine here.. Don't forget we've been racing this game since the Summer while you were twiddling your thumbs in PS4 land :roflmao:

Didn't hear that much chat during the race tbf... nothing out of the ordinary anyway. The series is about having fun whilst still driving competitively so I'm loathe to start digging people out for a bit of chat.

My issue with the KTM race was nothing to do with chatting.. that was just my competitive instinct wanting to go for a better qualifying time and as a result I took my eye off the clock so left myself no time to change my fuel load lol :cautious:

Being too late to the grid is really down to each individual driver to manage. We all now know the vagaries of this game so just get to the grid as soon as qualifying is over. Simples :whistling:

Pre-race practice is there so everyone can acclimatise themselves to the conditions. As we all know our individual practices often are very different to what we get in the Sunday race session. The idea is to keep it down to around and hour and a half to keep it within reasonable timeframe for a Sunday night but a sprint race followed by an endurance race would exceed that especially with the requirement to set up another lobby. I don't mind the occasional sprint race as a change but its not something I would want on a regular basis tbh but I'm certainly open to whatever the majority want to run and will look to get everyone's thoughts on that soon.

As mentioned previously pretty much everyone is here primarily for the F1 so a full GT3 schedule is difficult to fit in but I would happily arrange that for the Sundays that we aren't racing F1 if others are keen on the idea. However, on Sundays it would have to be quite sporadic.. Less frequent than we race now due to the packed F1 schedule. There will only be space to fit in a maximum of 7 races in the 4 and a half months between our last Assetto race on the 11th March and the start of the F1 Summer break on the 7th August.

That's one of the reasons I was looking at the possibility of a Saturday League instead. That would require some new blood though as numbers from amongst those here would likely be low due to other Saturday commitments. I'm happy to continue running the Sunday Assetto races in support of the F1 Championship if everyone still wants to do that whilst also looking to promote a separate independant Assetto League on a Saturday if the numbers can be found.

So Marcin if you've got anyone that might be interested let me know and maybe we can push for that.

I have already a solution for a next race, chat will be not an issue for me anymore.

We could start one hour ealier, 10 pm CET it is bit late but not a big deal for me.
Let say we do 19:30 GMT practice session for all who want to warm up, 20:00 GMT qually then sprint race and endurance race with otherwise grid and rolling start or just random grid.
IT IS ONLY MINE 3 CENTS.
I'm happy to take over hosting if You want to focus on F1 already.
I'd like to adress all issues that we have with AC, help and resolve problems. Mine was:
- dropping framerate (bandwidh)
- empty serwer (router reset, direct cable with router connection required)
- strange hit while i was racing qually at Maggione ( not sure what it was, no solution)

I'd like to know how many are interested doing whole season, i'm also looking for new drivers. Having 8 solid souls is enough anyway, quality over quantity in sim racing...
Good night and please share your toughts...

Last edited:
That's probably too early for me Max. Still sometimes have family stuff going on at that time. 9pm has been the time that has suited everyone for all our races with just the occasional change for times when it clashes with real F1 races or other big events.

I have no problem hosting both the F1 and Assetto series as they don't clash but if you want to host the final Assetto race you are more than welcome but with the problems you had on Sunday it may not be the best idea. The problems you see in your video are because of an issue with your internet as that is what drives the stream. Maybe try moving your router as you could be getting some interference. That's what I had some time ago when I was getting problems like that.

My router was reset on Sunday before the race so no issues there and I will certainly look to be doing that before each race. I had no framerate or bandwidth issues at all this race. The problem we all face is the method used for online racing with games like Assetto with it's P2P multiplayer. It's always likely to give some drivers problems because you can be impacted by the connection of others. Whoever hosts that doesn't change unfortunately. Only time this would improve is if everyone had a strong and stable connection and I wouldn't want to start restricting who can raced based on that. We can all but hope that one day Assetto will give us private servers for our racing as that will solve all ills... but i'm not holding my breath :cautious:

What was your problem at Maggione Max?

F1 will always have the precedent here as it is after all the F1 Championship forum. I've already spoken at length to the top dog here at RD about having a separate Xbox Assetto area on the forums which hopefully will come soon but is not helped by lack of numbers to support a regular series. However, he is well aware of the longevity we have here and is keen to see the console side of the site get more publicity so we've had some good discussions around that and Assetto does figure firmly in that dialogue.

I'm definitely interested in doing a full Assetto season but it would probably have to be an alternate evening if you want the races to be regularly spaced rather than just in between F1 races.

ASSETTO CORSA SUPPORT SERIES
Race Thirteen: March 11th; 4pm EST US; 9pm GMT

This week's car and track choice are as follows (Thanks @Karl Fuss) :-

Car - Ferrari 312/67
F312 67.jpg

Circuit - Imola
circuit-f3-09-imola.jpg

Format:
20 min
Practice
20 minute Qualifying
Laps 26
Weather
: Clear
Temperature. 26 degrees
Time of Race: 14:30

** NO Assists allowed **

Factory (only) Traction Control: Off
Factory (only) ABS: Off
Stability Control: Off
Tire Wear & Fuel Consumption: 200%
Manual Gears Only
(clutch assist and blip on)
Driving Line: Off
Penalties: On
Corner Cutting: On (5 sec. penalty)
Pit Exit / Entry Penalties: On

Password: 13

Usual rules apply guys.. sign-up with Name \ Gamertag.

Confirmed Attendees:-
Peter

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play