Assetto Corsa Released on Steam Early Access!

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
Bram Hengeveld submitted a new blog post:

Assetto Corsa Released on Steam Early Access!

After months of waiting the moment has finally arrived. Assetto Corsa is released by Kunos Simulazioni on Steam Early Access.

Players can buy the game saving 22% of the retail price, getting the access to the beta version, including its updates, and they will receive the final version of the game, when it will be released, without any additional charge.

Assetto Corsa is already in advanced state of completion. Meanwhile some features and structures are under progress and testing, the...
Continue reading the Original Blog Post

I
My BMW is no Ferrari or Lotus, not saying we are comparing apples to apples but I also don't think the driving of those should be like driving on ice (netKar Pro!).

For the most part, Netkar is anything but on ice....especially the open wheelers.

In the costa vid I posted in the BMW thread, we saw him losing the rear in a big way but easily correcting it, however, in AC's FAbarth, that tyre model is gone.

• Deleted member 151827

Hey all. I am getting weird things going on at valleliunga and Monza. My fps stays at a solid 60, but the screen sometimes seems like it's moving in slow motion. My fps meter reads average and current and they both stay 60. Not sure what i can do. Any help? Thanks
Anyone?

Yes, its like on/off feeling... I dont like this car in the game

I kinda fixed it for me, I am using Fanaleds for my CSW but I had the brake vibration for the CSP activated too and that made all kinds of strange stuff with the brake... disabled now and getting a lot better feel especially after the 2nd or 3rd lap until the tyres have the right temps..

• Deleted member 151827

Thanks Chris. I posted on that thread. There doesn't seem to be a clear path to remedy the problem from what i have read there.

Gah, I've got within an inch of buying, all ready to click 'purchase' and now worried about buying a game like this via Steam.

I've got lots of Steam games, but what if they are gone in years to come? AC might be a 'forever' game and to not have a box/DVD or whatever else leaves me exposed to not being able to enjoy an old classic in the future.

Still think it's a big failure of the devs to do this game Steam only.

I still fire up games like NFS4 or Netkar or other vintage stuff. Will Steam be around in 15 years?

Hmmm

Then again, maybe getting ahead of myself. AC may never see the light of day yet hehe.

Still gonna buy it.

I'm supporting them only because I think they deserve support, but I think they are frikkin idiots because they are forcing me to use Steam to do it.

Dave

Gah, I've got within an inch of buying, all ready to click 'purchase' and now worried about buying a game like this via Steam.

I've got lots of Steam games, but what if they are gone in years to come? AC might be a 'forever' game and to not have a box/DVD or whatever else leaves me exposed to not being able to enjoy an old classic in the future.

I still fire up games like NFS4 or Netkar or other vintage stuff. Will Steam be around in 15 years?

Hmmm

Then again, maybe getting ahead of myself. AC may never see the light of day yet hehe.

Still gonna buy it.

I'm supporting them only because I think they deserve support, but I think they are frikkin idiots because they are forcing me to use Steam to do it.

Dave

You dont half waffle on about some crap lol.

I've read a while back (unofficially) that Valve/Steam have a tested solution in place if such a thing would ever happen (i.e. you'd have access to your games).

In any case, if they were going to shut down, surely it wouldn't happen overnight. Plenty of time for Valve/Steam or the guys at Kunos to figure out a remedy.

Hmmm

Still gonna buy it.

Dave
So because the game might disappear from steam someday your solution is to just not buy or play it at all? That doesn't make sense. Also once a game is on steam, and you bought it; as long as steam exists you will have access to that game. Don't think steam is going anywhere.

I'm buying it and playing it. I've gone with Steam because I have to, and because I want to support these guys on a great project.

But when you start reading that EULA for a Steam purchase alone, never mind the KS one for AC, you start to wonder what you are getting into if these businesses go under in future or some along those lines.

I've got a whole rucksack of old games here from 90's, 00's and 10's on DVD/CD/floppy and I know they can all run and install without any internet connection or whatever else. I think half the publishers that put them out don't exist any more, and I know many of the studios that made them don't exist any more.

Has anyone actually read the full EULA/T&C's for the combined Steam/KS purchase of AC?

Dave

I'm buying it and playing it. I've gone with Steam because I have to, and because I want to support these guys on a great project.

But when you start reading that EULA for a Steam purchase alone, never mind the KS one for AC, you start to wonder what you are getting into if these businesses go under in future or some along those lines.

I've got a whole rucksack of old games here from 90's, 00's and 10's on DVD/CD/floppy and I know they can all run and install without any internet connection or whatever else. I think half the publishers that put them out don't exist any more, and I know many of the studios that made them don't exist any more.

Has anyone actually read the full EULA/T&C's for the combined Steam/KS purchase of AC?

Dave
Well obviously we all have. Only an idiot signs something without reading it. ;)

I am reminded of that itunes southpark episode. Heres hoping steam is here forever lol

Hehe, HumanCentiPad...

I guess things like AC going under, and/or Steam changing TC's in a decade that need games to run on Windows 10 or they are not gonna be supported any more etc.

As soon as the ownership is based on agreements and systems out of your control there is a good chance you won't be able to play a game down the line vs if you own a material copy independent of anything but it's in-built EULA (which you'd agree to anyway)

Ah well, I'm glad it being on Steam means excellent support and reliability.

My AC now won't run. I now have to create an account to ask for support on the AC forums (no system implemented inside Steam?)

So being on Steam offers you nothing to help the gamer it seems vs a game in a box.

Charging me to help them find bugs. Oh dear.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.