Assetto Corsa Released on Steam Early Access!

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
Bram Hengeveld submitted a new blog post:

Assetto Corsa Released on Steam Early Access!

After months of waiting the moment has finally arrived. Assetto Corsa is released by Kunos Simulazioni on Steam Early Access.

Players can buy the game saving 22% of the retail price, getting the access to the beta version, including its updates, and they will receive the final version of the game, when it will be released, without any additional charge.

Assetto Corsa is already in advanced state of completion. Meanwhile some features and structures are under progress and testing, the...
Continue reading the Original Blog Post

You can ask here, maybe us mere mortals can help... :)

Cheers for the offer!

I got it working, somehow.

I documented the issue on their forums so hopefully they can save other poor souls the headache of it not working for them.

Clearly a lot of work to go here for the AC team. I thought it'd be much further on given the types of posts we've seen from KS showing off what felt like just progressing through content and fine tuning.

Ah well, glad to support them if it means they can finish this game properly, or at all. I just hope they do! :D

Dave

Cheers for the offer!

I got it working, somehow.

I documented the issue on their forums so hopefully they can save other poor souls the headache of it not working for them.

Clearly a lot of work to go here for the AC team. I thought it'd be much further on given the types of posts we've seen from KS showing off what felt like just progressing through content and fine tuning.

Ah well, glad to support them if it means they can finish this game properly, or at all. I just hope they do! :D

Dave

Any thoughts on the game itself mate? ;)

I've got 18h ingame time already... :redface:

Just a quick blast in the F458.

I'm a road car on roads kinda person more than race cars on race tracks.

I guess from that point of view I was a bit disappointed. Road car on a race track felt not so great either haha.

I'll try a race car on a race track tomorrow night and see what I think. I think I'll probably enjoy it more... probably all the stuff AC has focussed on so far at this stage is the fundamentals and that is perfect for track/race cars. Get the basics right is the right place to start :D

I think for us to look at the beta and appraise it fairly, both positive and negative, we need to know what we are looking at though.

Is the F458 near finished or miles off?

The TCS felt completely wrong and horrible. Is that because it's a temporary one thrown in for now, or because AC can't program TC to save their lives?

Until we know we will judge it unfairly and/or waste time talking about stuff that might be irrelevant.

I'm happy to support these guys with their sim, I've handed over my cash.

Now AC has moved to this open-beta paid for type thing I hope KS start to open up a bit and let us know what we have now, and what we are aiming for. That way we can help them get there and make something that we all want.

I think I have about 40mins on the Steam timer. 30mins are sat at the loading screen with nothing happening.
2 mins with all reversed pedal inputs and wondering why the car won't move. 2 mins having to wait 5s because the car understeered off the road and incurred a penalty.

So I think I have about 5 mins of actual driving hehe :D

Dave

Thinking again of the early access plan I'm feeling that was as pretty ok than when I first thought. Someone's complaining of the lack of its contents, I understand but simulation games typically have a long lifespan that means it's not as critical to enjoy as in case of other games at least. I'm really enjoying just for fun as of now, going around in this track that track regardless of my laptimes and it's been enough to enjoy the contents and its profound taste so far. Since I bought arma 3 I have had a lot of fun for beta period with no campaign, small land and lack of rigs but still solid fun for me.

By the way IMO the more the regular or frequent updates come thre more easy to leave piracy? :):)

Now here we go with Steam...grrrr...so, I am away from home till xmas but I still want to buy AC...as in, NOW, so that I support Kunos......but....

I lost the Steam password, to renew the password, I need to download the steam client...which I cannot as dsl in south africa where I am is extremely sloooowwwww...so unless I can buy it from somewhere else, I'll need to wait till xmas....:O_o:

so unless I can buy it from somewhere else, I'll need to wait till xmas....:O_o:

you can buy as steam gift here for 26 euros
http://www.gamekeys4u.net/search?orderby=position&orderway=desc&search_query=assetto corsa&submit_search=Search

dont know for how long you can keep a steam gift without activating it but thats where i bought mine and after activation is working just like anyother steam games i bought in the past ... also dont know if because its cheaper it will affect somehow Kunos profit but if you really want to get it now its a solution

Last edited:
Paypal....Visa....nothing is working.,.,,grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

error.PNG

I'm sure im not alone in this sentiment, however I really hope that Kunos can offer us some more Ferrari content later on in the game's development. I'm loving the 458 and can't wait to try out the F40. Would love to see maybe a F430 and perhaps a 308 and something older like a 275 or a 250 GTO / GTB etc. The sim is looking fantastic though.

2 mins having to wait 5s because the car understeered off the road and incurred a penalty.
You can turn that off, you know ;)
In one of the .ini files in your Documents (game.ini was it?) there's a line about how many wheels are allowed outside the track (2 by default). If you change that to... can't remember, 4 or -1... Anyway, with that change you can play rally cross (good luck doing that with RWD cars :D) and not get any dumb slowdown penalties. :thumbsup:

New 22 achievements came!
-------------------
trans.gif
Clean Drive
Obtained if the player completes 5 laps without getting any damage to the car. Any mode.

trans.gif
Time Attack Master
Obtained if the player completes 10 laps in Time Attack Mode.

trans.gif
Going for the distance (200)
Obtained if the player drive more than 200 Km in one session

trans.gif
Combo Rookie
Obtained if the player achieves 10 combos in drift mode

trans.gif
Drift Master
Reach level 50 in drift mode

trans.gif
Going for the distance (50)
Obtained if the player drive more than 50 Km in one session

trans.gif
M3 GT2 @ Imola
Beat 2:10:00 at Imola with the BMW M3 GT2

etc...

• Deleted member 151827

New 22 achievements came!
-------------------
trans.gif
Clean Drive
Obtained if the player completes 5 laps without getting any damage to the car. Any mode.

trans.gif
Time Attack Master
Obtained if the player completes 10 laps in Time Attack Mode.

trans.gif
Going for the distance (200)
Obtained if the player drive more than 200 Km in one session

trans.gif
Combo Rookie
Obtained if the player achieves 10 combos in drift mode

trans.gif
Drift Master
Reach level 50 in drift mode

trans.gif
Going for the distance (50)
Obtained if the player drive more than 50 Km in one session

trans.gif
M3 GT2 @ Imola
Beat 2:10:00 at Imola with the BMW M3 GT2

etc...
You got an update? I haven't received an update since like Sunday. EDIT: I see them now.

@Mr Whippy The TC is correct according to Aristotelis, but on the F458 there are 4 settings + off. You can adjust these using Ctrl+T. ABS is turned on/off using Ctrl+A

The traction control feels way off to me anyway.
All modes are very similar, and especially mode 1 and 2 can be nowhere near realistic. Even in this settings the TCS kicks in way too late and hardly fights the spinning tires.
You can still spin your rears like crazy and drift at big angles until it kicks in.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 328 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 224 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 220 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 166 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 283 13.4%