Assetto Corsa on Console - New Trailer Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa 3.jpg

With the build up to a console release for Assetto Corsa in full swing, Kunos Simulazioni have released a new console trailer titled Built for Racers, showing off the sim in spectacular fashion.

Assetto Corsa on console has been fraught with delays and issues since Kunos and 505 Games first announced the move, however it now looks like the long awaited release is finally happening, bringing the popular simulation to Xbox One and PlayStation 4 gamers for the very first time.

It is expected that build 1.8 and the Tripl3 DLC for PC will be released to coincide with the console launch.

Catch the new trailer below.

Assetto Corsa Built For Racers Trailer:

Assetto Corsa will be released for console on 26th August (Europe) and 30th August (North America) respectively

Check the Assetto Corsa sub forum for Xbox, PS4 and PC news for the Italian racing simulation. Look out for the latest and greatest mods, club racing events for all versions of the game and of course the great community spirt here at RD.

It's close, very close indeed... looking forward to Assetto Corsa on console? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
performance is only one of its limitations
I could give you a laundry list of limitations, pros and cons for and against PC and console. And your could compile your list that may be opposite but equally compelling. But in reality what would that achieve?
Enjoy what you enjoy. That's the best use of your time.
As someone else mentioned, increasing the user base of any game is almost always a win win for everyone.

Cheers.

@RC45 I don't expect Kunos to abandon any of the platforms unless something dramatic happens. It will most likely be the same as with Project Cars. After a first hype it will most likely be forgotten. DLCs might help to keep it alive a bit longer, but consoles are not made for sustainable gaming. If you want to compete with the likes of Forza or Gran Tourismo, you got to bring something to the table. And I don't mean features: a console racer will not look through pages of motec data and work on setups and strategies.
I have more Pcars Xbox One leagues than I can keep up with, and an enthusiastic SIM racing community that still thoroughly enjoys the game. A little research next time perhaps?

I have more Pcars Xbox One leagues than I can keep up with, and an enthusiastic SIM racing community that still thoroughly enjoys the game. A little research next time perhaps?

And I haven't launched XBone or PS4 PCars for months now. They are not as feature rich in the FFB department as the PC version with the T500RS and the poor replay support is just annoying.

See how there are folks on both sides of each argument? ;)

If jumping to conclusions was an olympic event, people here would get golds left and right. Let the damn thing release in peace first and then decide whether it's crap for once before proclaiming console = AC turned arcade ffs..I don't get why people get so salty over console release, it has been told time and time again that it would not affect the PC gameplay in any way and it stands true. "Sims must stay on PC to be good and serious, console is a joke" sounds a lot like "gay people shouldn't get married because Lord Jeebus says so"... literally does not affect you in any way, let it go, contrary to popular belief a lot of console people are looking forward to a good sim on their end so for once let someone have fun you sim racing salt lords...

If jumping to conclusions was an olympic event, people here would get golds left and right. Let the damn thing release in peace first and then decide whether it's crap for once before proclaiming console = AC turned arcade ffs..I don't get why people get so salty over console release, it has been told time and time again that it would not affect the PC gameplay in any way and it stands true. "Sims must stay on PC to be good and serious, console is a joke" sounds a lot like "gay people shouldn't get married because Lord Jeebus says so"... literally does not affect you in any way, let it go, contrary to popular belief a lot of console people are looking forward to a good sim on their end so for once let someone have fun you sim racing salt lords...
Exactly what I said in one of my previous comments (minus some of your unnecessary comments). I remember back in late 2015 when they initially announcement that AC was coming to the consoles, everyone and their mother freaked out and starting crying about how the game would eventually be watered down to cater to casual users. Kunos reinforced their stance on this MULTIPLE times, answered the question in streams, blogs, twitter, you name it, they denied that would ever happen. And yet, some choose to continue to cry and ask the same old question. I guess some of us are born with the sole purpose of complaining... :rolleyes:

People are discrediting the devs on unfounded assumptions and it's ridiculous.

People seem to forget, Kunos has very strict licensing agreements with manufacturers to represent their cars to a certain standard. I highly doubt manufacturers would do a complete 180 and agree to reducing the quality of the physics currently seen in the game.

Fear not friends, our telemetry data driven physics aren't going anywhere.

Last edited:
No, I'm not on high horse @RC45 . I stay at ground level and see things for what they are. When things stoop lower than normal I point it out. <snip> You keep concluding FFB on pcars is not as good on consoles as it is on PC, thus AC cannot achieve that as well. But when people that played the preview version, they collectively seem to say it's pretty much the same as on PC. I have my fair share of skepticism over that claim too, don't get me wrong but I won't conclude that it is an impossible claim before it gets released is what I'm getting at. All I read here is people speculating what may or may not happen and getting heated up. Don't need to be a horse jockey to see that's a pointless venture. That's why my "just let the damn thing release in peace" remark. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Exactly what I said in one of my previous comments. I remember back in late 2015 when they initially announcement that AC was coming to the consoles, everyone and their mother freaked out and starting crying about how the game would eventually be watered down to cater to casual users. Kunos reinforced their stance on this MULTIPLE times, answered the question in streams, blogs, twitter, you name it, they denied that would ever happen. And yet, some choose to continue to cry and ask the same old question. I guess some of us are born with the sole purpose of complaining... :rolleyes:

People are discrediting the devs on unfounded assumptions and it's ridiculous.

People seem to forget, Kunos has very strict licensing agreements with manufacturers to represent their cars to a certain standard. I highly doubt manufacturers would do a complete 180 and agree to reducing the quality of the physics currently seen in the game.

Fear not friends, our telemetry data driven physics aren't going anywhere.

I call BS on this little detail I bolded - it is clear manufacturers really don't care about the "quality of physics in game" - if they did, then NONE of the current console arcade games would have real world cars in them.

The same way manufacturers do not care about in game damage - that is yet another old wives tale perpetuated by devs not wanting to bother modelling damage or engines that don't support damage.

By all means stand up for Kunos, but no need to fabricate reasons to back their claims. ;)

And I think the concern is not that the cars will suddenly go all NFS - but that the depth of the PC version will take a back seat to the real money the console version may generate by way of casual gamer sales. At the end of the day, why would Kunos create a PC version, XBone version and a PS4 version? They wouldn't they woudl try consolidate the coding towards the most profitable audience.

I mean, after all the effort and money to create console versions, why would Kunos NOT try cater to their new potentially larger buying audience?? Even Turn 10 and PD with their HUGE budgets still cater to the controller crowd to the detriment of the wheel and pedal crowd - to not even acknowledge these facts is just as silly as what you are claiming "our side" is saying.

Unless "your side" is suggesting that the console market will be so small that it wont count?? In which case, why even bother? :confused:

:O_o:Me...
age 15y : bought Gran Turismo 1
25y : Gran Turismo addicted
33y: sold PS and GT5, bought pc to play Assetto Corsa.
35y : Assetto Corsa addicted, livery designer
35y -..... Sim racing and maybe livery designing in AC till I'm under the ground. Lovin' it!!!

Just saying....your average 15y old console gamer could become a long term customer and thus supporter of the game, making it only bigger and better. That sounds like a good marketing strategy.

If GT were on pc available, I think it might still have me as customer. So a double platform strategy is indeed win win. The fact that Kunos (Stefano)reacts so furiously at the question if they will abandon pc sim racing, shows their hurt and astonishment for the lack of trust some of us have toward them. I criticise too and often, but I once clearly said if AC keeps this up, they would be the next GT of the decade. Only thing that disturbs me at the console release is the fact, compared to GT, you can't tune up your car.....the car is what it is, settings not taken into account. The MAJOR factor of fun for me in GT was tuning the car with hp, weight reduction, exhausts,....and that might bite AC in the butt as I do believe console racers still love this much more than playing real life physics. Not that physics don't matter to them, it did to me too, but might be a mood killer. We'll see.

And oh yes, I would like that UI of the console pls, waiting for that mod....haha.

The one thing that does concern me over the console release is the fact that they do not have an ingame livery creator like say Forza has, so people have to drive with the sad stock Kunos liveries which are neither amusing nor high in number. Say if they are racing the SF 15-T, the entire grid will be 16 Ferraris when on PC we can have an entire 2015 grid because of skins... unless there is a way for users to make and share skins on consoles which I'm not aware of, it's gonna be quite lame in that regard.

@RC45 Fair enough, but you still have to admit that it wouldn't make any logic sense to go backwards with the quality of the physics at this point? That's why I don't understand the concerns of some people.

I'm just going to stay optimistic, because, as I said before, I am truly happy this is coming to the consoles and trust that Kunos will stay true to what they said. 6-8 months down the line, I hope we will have a great lineup of cars with fantastic features for SP and MP that benefit BOTH PC gamers and Console gamers. ;)

The game is not competing in any way on an even level with Forza and GT. Kunos knows this. I'm sure their expectations have been set realistically based on their analyses. If they find a nice niche on consoles that's a great thing for everyone.

@RC45 Fair enough, but you still have to admit that it wouldn't make any logic sense to go backwards with the quality of the physics at this point? That's why I don't understand the concerns of some people.

I'm just going to stay optimistic, because, as I said before, I am truly happy this is coming to the consoles and trust that Kunos will stay true to what they said. 6-8 months down the line, I hope we will have a great lineup of cars with fantastic features for SP and MP that benefit BOTH PC gamers and Console gamers. ;)

I used up ALL my optimism waiting for Kaz to finish GT5 LOL. ;)

So now I just expect game companies to screw with me hehe.

@Christian - appreciate your response.
I worked for Microsoft for almost 10 years and keep in touch with many people.
I suspect that in the coming few years you will see perhaps the name "Xbox" being dropped from the service "Xbox Live" and the infrastructure being used as a premium multiplayer network for both windows PC's and consoles. It's already happening with several titles being played by PC and console players, and it's just the start. The recent push for "play anywhere" games is fairly obvious in terms of the end goal here.
Many won't like this and will resist, and that's fine. But I'm pretty sure the plans in motion will offer a global gaming network that only the 'cut my nose off to spite my face' stubborn dinosaurs will refuse to use. And we all know what happened to the dinosaurs (excluding creationists theories of some kind of 'prankster' God running around burying dinosaur fossils to "test their faith").
Cheers.

Microsoft is evil. Their sole purpose is to limit what consumers can access and share, based on set values they prescribe. They have been sued in countless anti-trust class actions (and government action) in countless nations because they expressly *limit* access and deny open platforms. The only difference between Microsoft and Apple is that Apple controls the hardware, and Microsoft wants to control the hardware. Bill Gates is enemy #1 when it comes to personal freedom and individual rights. I'm sorry if you have drank the cool aid.

The only thing I tried to say is:
- majority of games made for console and Pc was restrictided for console support. (in terms of servers / framerate / textures / controller support / gameplay / mod / philosophy)

For me, console community is bigger than PC community and they can choose to change their state of mind if console release get more profitable than computer one.

Look last information concerning AC changelog for release 1.8 :
- New cars (all already seen on trailer a year ago.. because already promise to community)
- Graphics performance improvements !!!

They lost time for that because what ? Because PS4 and XboxOne cannot reach 1080p at 60fps correctly. For information you can play AC in 1080p at about 40fps with embeded Intel HD4000 graphic cheat include on Intel Core i5 Haswell ou newer. Let's imagine when I plug my GTX970 ?

So yes, they can seriously lost time for console release like a lot of gamebrands that why I think if PS4 users demand to set the Simulator easier, the probability to do that is not 0%... (money is money)

Or maybe it's the end of AC and the beginning of AC2 !

You guys are making such a circus about physics/gameplay that I wonder if you actually play the game ... if you try with a gamepad and assists on, the driving is incredibly easy, even easier than Forza where basically you are floating around the tracks, so why would they make it even easier?

You guys are making such a circus about physics/gameplay that I wonder if you actually play the game ... if you try with a gamepad and assists on, the driving is incredibly easy, even easier than Forza where basically you are floating around the tracks, so why would they make it even easier?

You right dude. With aids "on" it's easy as well but simmers play with aids "off" and I'm not sure users are ready to put aids "on". They will prefer said : "Ohhh it's not a good game, car doesn't stay on track without assists...blablabla".

I'm stop talking about this. Let's see it in 6 months :)

totally agree, it was very surprising in fact to see how good it is though forza just understeers into oblivion no matter the car.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back