Assetto Corsa on Console - New Trailer Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa 3.jpg

With the build up to a console release for Assetto Corsa in full swing, Kunos Simulazioni have released a new console trailer titled Built for Racers, showing off the sim in spectacular fashion.

Assetto Corsa on console has been fraught with delays and issues since Kunos and 505 Games first announced the move, however it now looks like the long awaited release is finally happening, bringing the popular simulation to Xbox One and PlayStation 4 gamers for the very first time.

It is expected that build 1.8 and the Tripl3 DLC for PC will be released to coincide with the console launch.

Catch the new trailer below.

Assetto Corsa Built For Racers Trailer:

Assetto Corsa will be released for console on 26th August (Europe) and 30th August (North America) respectively

Check the Assetto Corsa sub forum for Xbox, PS4 and PC news for the Italian racing simulation. Look out for the latest and greatest mods, club racing events for all versions of the game and of course the great community spirt here at RD.

It's close, very close indeed... looking forward to Assetto Corsa on console? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Seriously - watching you rant at users of your software almost makes me sorry I paid money for it. Try a little humility for the 15 years people have been using your software - which while good is not the best out there.

I actually find it refreshing when a Dev steps out and says what the matter is, without sugarcoating for political correctness. His tone was perfectly appropriate given the behavior of the person addressed. I'd much rather have that then EA/UBI style corporate speach where nothing ever means what the words say.

Excuse me if i m wrong but the question is not " Does AC will be a casual game ? " .
The worries are about the console players comunity. They have not the same expectations we have.
And now, what about the sells ?

How many presales the game have done on console for the moment and how many presales the game had done on PC ?
If the sells on console are bigger, From That the dev will care about the most ?

i repeat : consoles' users are not the same players as PC users.

Excuse me if i m wrong but the question is not " Does AC will be a casual game ? " .
The worries are about the console players comunity. They have not the same expectations we have.

How many presales the game have done on console for the moment and how many presales the game had done on PC ?
If the sells on console are bigger, From That the dev will care about the most ?

oh if people are worried about console players then go over to gtplanet which is mainly console users and well they are hyped as all hell. We diss them for being immature yet ive not seem them all attack eachother like what is done here. Yes the demographic on console is younger but they are a lot more mature then many people here which is sad to say but its the truth

If the sales on console are bigger from the CURRENT game, then why would they change the CURRENT game? Hello, logic?

As Sharky said, a major difference between AC and other much more established console titles is the driving accuracy. Why exactly they would kill their unique selling point to compete with the 300 pound licensing gorillas Forza and GT on those game's terms, it is beyond me...

Surprised to see Kunos developers and their fellow brown noser make a stand on this forums once again, looks like the nerves of the console release and the recent downgrade suffered on the PC version in order to please the console adepts is precipitating another of their famous melt downs.

You guys asked a dev a question and he gave you an answer; why even ask if you are going to simply assume that his answer is a lie?

That's pretty much the trouble with devs speaking directly with users. Everyone wants to feel very important, so wants a personal answer directly to his own question (or variant of the same question)

I don't really think it's about information, this is about being ego-polished by getting a dev to reply to one's self.

Can you explain what is negativ on my posts ? Don't be narrow !

Well, let's check:

1) You started off writing a sentence on twitter that wasn't a question, but actually an accusation.
2) You started off writing your posting here with a statement that you were "raped for asking a question" when in fact you did as per #1 and hardly were "raped" as result. Victim much?
3) On page three here you are basically blaming Kunos for "losing time on console port" because they optimized the PC ENGINE. Well, I for one would love to have more framerate at max detail on my PC. And as Kunos explained these optimizations aren't effective for console. So... again, accusation without knowledge.
4) You add one more post where you basically say "Console will bring AC down".

Hmm, so basically: Stating assumptions, masked as "questions", like they were true, and blaming Kunos for things they aren't even doing and won't be doing as per their answers many months ago. I'd call that pretty obnoxious.

Hope that helps.

Edit: Since I'm really bored today, this would have been how to handle the thing in a mature manner:

LinuxGuy: Hey Kunos, is there a risk that you would consider nerfing the driving difficulty if the resulting game would appeal to console players more and generate more sales? (<-Observe: Actual question being asked, no fixed conclusion, no spelling mistakes between "brake" and "break")
Kunos: Nope, we already said so <- civil response you would 99% sure have gotten.

The End.

If the sales on console are bigger from the CURRENT game, then why would they change the CURRENT game? Hello, logic?

As Sharky said, a major difference between AC and other much more established console titles is the driving accuracy. Why exactly they would kill their unique selling point to compete with the 300 pound licensing gorillas Forza and GT on those game's terms, it is beyond me...

I speak about the days after the release when jason kids will ask the dev team to downgrade the difficulty of the game. I don t talk about the all kids who buy this game in presales without any idea of what the buy.

understand ?

I understand, maybe you don't. English isn't your first language, it isn't mine either, so I try to be nice.

You asked "If the sales on console are bigger, will they..."

So there's two scenarios:

1) It sells well. In which case, nothing will have to be changed.
2) It sells bad on consoles. In which case it will sell even worse if they remove the features that set it apart from Forza and GT (Hint: that would be the increased driving accuracy). It will then also sell worse on PC. So yeah, that would be like, really really clever thing to do

Do the math.

Why do you say that console users are so different. There sure are a lot of players who are interested in other things than the PC sim community, but there are PC players outside of the sim community as well. And I guess that those console players who want to drive a sim like AC won´t be that different to the PC players that want to use it. A game / sim like AC doesn´t even try to approach everyone, why should it, it´s measured for a range of users who like it´s features like physical accuracy and driving enjoyment instead of a wide content range etc. as featured in GT / Forza.

That is also what Marco´s post essentially says and it´s perfectly sensible, console market allready features two good games that are tailored for a wider audience, makes no sense to try and get in direct concurrency with those.

It seems like they did the console versions as a kind of advance into new territory to see how many people are in the market who appreciate a product like AC.

Edit: Regarding your latest posts, yeah, people going into a store, seeing that flashy LaFerrari box and buying it expecting a GT like game might be disappointed when they are in for the typical features, but there is a modern thing called the internet, aviable for many people by a device in their pocket, where they could have checked things out before buying something blind. I have bought some games blindly and it was mostly disappointing, but I still didn´t run to the Devs asking to change it into a game I personally like.

Surprised to see Kunos developers and their fellow brown noser make a stand on this forums once again, looks like the nerves of the console release and the recent downgrade suffered on the PC version in order to please the console adepts is precipitating another of their famous melt downs.
:D

Well, let's check:
1) You started off writing a sentence on twitter that wasn't a question, but actually an accusation.
2) You started off writing your posting here with a statement that you were "raped for asking a question" when in fact you did as per #1 and hardly were "raped" as result. Victim much?
Rape ! That's right ! He is closing discussion by adding stupid
3) On page three here you are basically blaming Kunos for "losing time on console port" because they optimized the PC ENGINE. Well, I for one would love to have more framerate at max detail on my PC. And as Kunos explained these optimizations aren't effective for console. So... again, accusation without knowledge.
4) You add one more post where you basically say "Console will bring AC down".

Hmm, so basically: Stating assumptions, masked as "questions", like they were true, and blaming Kunos for things they aren't even doing and won't be doing as per their answers many months ago. I'd call that pretty obnoxious.

Hope that helps.
I understand, I should have said at the beginning : Dear Kunos developers thanks you very much for this amazing (idk) port on PS4. Please don't forget PC users :) Please I will pay again and again DLCs.

You're right, I probably misstated my request. But I'm prettry sure, I just hit a nerve.

Last edited:
ok ,it's english lessons now! (english is not my first language too, even not the second )

after being insulted by a dev..., blocked on twitter, Mr helmut is coming....to show us the right way. (thx man!)
my god this thread...., kunos really need a community manager to answer fans/costumers instead of devs.

<snip>
@stefanokunos: you can release you game on consoles because we support you since the alpha and we bought all your dlc to support the game, we don't want you to be grantful, just friendly.
don't you mind stay polite at least with us?
we saw many games in the past who lost their way because of community's feedback ( many examples)
so yes, we have legit questions, and as loyal backers, we do not desserve such agressivity.

ps: excuse my english

Mod Edit: If you're going to request polite dialogue, at least practice what you preach. Swearing and personal insults are not permitted.

Last edited:
You're right, I probably misstated my request. But I'm prettry sure, I just hit a nerve.

Are we going to play at conspiracy theories now? "They said no, but I feel they are just lying because my question was too dangerous for them to answer"?

Sorry dudes (same for Monstro) what you are doing now is nothing but trying to polish ego off a developer.

It is a shame because this kind of behaviour has resulted, for example with the IL-2 flightsim, in driving developers away from interaction and being replaced with "Community Managers" who only ever requote the latest triple-checked press release.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back