Assetto Corsa on Console - New Trailer Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa 3.jpg

With the build up to a console release for Assetto Corsa in full swing, Kunos Simulazioni have released a new console trailer titled Built for Racers, showing off the sim in spectacular fashion.

Assetto Corsa on console has been fraught with delays and issues since Kunos and 505 Games first announced the move, however it now looks like the long awaited release is finally happening, bringing the popular simulation to Xbox One and PlayStation 4 gamers for the very first time.

It is expected that build 1.8 and the Tripl3 DLC for PC will be released to coincide with the console launch.

Catch the new trailer below.

Assetto Corsa Built For Racers Trailer:

Assetto Corsa will be released for console on 26th August (Europe) and 30th August (North America) respectively

Check the Assetto Corsa sub forum for Xbox, PS4 and PC news for the Italian racing simulation. Look out for the latest and greatest mods, club racing events for all versions of the game and of course the great community spirt here at RD.

It's close, very close indeed... looking forward to Assetto Corsa on console? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Looks much more impressive than I thought it would, graphically speaking. I wonder how much of this was from Xbox? I know we XB1 guys are 900p vs PS4 1080p, but I've always thought Pcars in XB1 looked gorgeous and having seen the PS4 version on my same 70" 1080p TV, I couldn't see any 'wow' differences - PLEASE not looking for any fan boy flame wars to be started. It's just my opinion based on my eyes.

In a little disappointed by the fact that many of the 'tracks' are just the same track locations with different configurations. I'm sure they have a bunch of DLC coming to fill their coffers, just hope they don't try to gouge players in the same fashion as Turn 10 Forza. With it's many flaws, Pcars had a very reasonable DLC pricing.
Any word on whether they will include base FFB profiles for the major wheels?

Reactions: Rob
Agreed, I think it's great that it comes to consoles. ProjectCARS was released first as title with more of a simulation focus, but that was marred with issues. I don't except any major issues with the release, Assetto has been a relatively bug free affair on PC compared... but admittedly it'll launch with less content than competitors, so here's to be seen if people can appreciate the existing content. I sure hope so - if it does well on consoles we might see more simulation games release on all platforms, meaning a bigger sim-genre in general. And if Assetto does well on console that's a good thing for the PC version.

Looks much more impressive than I thought it would, graphically speaking. I wonder how much of this was from Xbox? I know we XB1 guys are 900p vs PS4 1080p, but I've always thought Pcars in XB1 looked gorgeous and having seen the PS4 version on my same 70" 1080p TV, I couldn't see any 'wow' differences - PLEASE not looking for any fan boy flame wars to be started. It's just my opinion based on my eyes.

In a little disappointed by the fact that many of the 'tracks' are just the same track locations with different configurations. I'm sure they have a bunch of DLC coming to fill their coffers, just hope they don't try to gouge players in the same fashion as Turn 10 Forza. With it's many flaws, Pcars had a very reasonable DLC pricing.
And Assetto Corsa doesn't have a reasonable DLC pricing and "they just fill their coffers"?

I don't know in what world you live but Assetto Corsa is a project with way less budget than ProjectCARS or Forza. Licences and building the content costs a lot of money.

I don't know if anyone else has noticed, but at the end of the trailer when they're showing the 488, SF15, and FXXK, the garage they're in is the garage at Fiarano. I've been playing this game for almost 2 years, hoping for a Fiarano mod, and now we're likely getting a laser scanned version, a first for any simulation to my knowledge. Kunos never fail to surprise me, and knowing that they have not only licenses to use top brands in their game, but actual relationships with top manufactures like Ferrari, and now Porsche, only shows what an amazing game this is.

I can assure you that Assetto Corsa has one of the most reasonable DLC pricing schemes of any sim/game I know. Just go on the Steam store page and look at the pricing of each DLC and the content that you get in each pack. The content easily validates the price. Though your opinion might differ if you're not a fan of certain cars. Regardless, all the content is top quality so I would never feel robbed if I bought one of the DLCs and was not a super fan of the content. Money I've felt has been well spent, I'm perfectly happy to pay for these so that they can continue development.

What people are really keeping their eyes out for is how they're going to price the 3 Porsche packs. Those will definitely come at a higher premium compared to previous DLCs due to the license, but hopefully still gives them a little bit of flexibility with the pricing.

Last edited:
Simulation for Console :confused:
They said it would never happen :cool:
#Day1

Right right right ! They will break the game for simmers. Console users (PS4/XboxOne) expect different content !

I was raped by Assetto Corsa developers today after asking one question (just look pic).
ACv1.8 will stay the last "pure" simulation ?

EDIT : Change brake into break.... Yes I made a mistake :)

Attachments

• PartTwitter.png
    PartTwitter.png
    124.3 KB · Views: 714
Last edited:
Right right right ! They will brake the game for simmers. Console users (PS4/XboxOne) expect different content !

I was raped by Assetto Corsa developers today after asking one question (just look pic).
ACv1.8 will stay the last "pure" simulation ?
Hmm, yeah, they definitely did not handle that well. :cautious: Unfortunately they can be pretty edgy when it comes to questions like those, however, Stefano has had this question asked a million times on his streams and has continuously said that the game will not be dumbed down due to the console release.

Please read this extract from the "2015 and Beyond" blog from last year.

PC, PS4 and Xbox One
Last but not least, we are also working on porting Assetto Corsa to consoles, which is completely based on the code designed and developed for PC, but instead of freezing the development of the PC version, we brought forward the overall process in parallel, creating a symbiosis that takes advantages from each platform. This has guaranteed a successful process of optimization and a different and improved approach in development that will be beneficial for everyone in future. Therefore, those fans who believe that the porting Assetto Corsa on console has the capacity to ruin the “magic” of the PC version can rest easy, as we can assure you that this is something that will definitely not happen.

Let’s talk briefly about the console port. It is true that to this day we have not revealed a lot of information about the console version of Assetto Corsa apart from confirming that we are indeed working on bringing the game to PS4 and Xbox One to offer the same driving experience as you get on the PC.

Some people do not seem to believe it and say – for reasons we do not entirely understand – that we are going to change the Assetto Corsa physics model also on PC to worsen the driving experience because of the console porting.

We can assure you that this is not going to happen. Actually, when we announced and showed Assetto Corsa on PC for the first time, the same people said that a game boasting top-tier brand licenses and graphics was never going to be a sim because no developer would agree to take a big risk with a genuine simulation. All we can say is that it was the wrong assumption back then, and it still is.

http://www.assettocorsa.net/2015-and-beyond/

Last edited:
And Assetto Corsa doesn't have a reasonable DLC pricing and "they just fill their coffers"?

I don't know in what world you live but Assetto Corsa is a project with way less budget than ProjectCARS or Forza. Licences and building the content costs a lot of money.

What world do I live in? I wasn't aware of any current interplanetary human settlement. ;)
Pcars also had (relative to Turn 10, Code masters) a tiny budget ($5M - https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_CARS) yet managed to produce a game that despite it's early teething issues, will always stand as the game that introduced SIM racing to console masses (even the best Forza version 4 wasn't even close to Pcars and of course has become an arcade racer since then).
My point was that I wouldn't expect to see the kinds of gouging that Turn 10 does - a great example is their recent NASCAR DLC which at $30 is half the price of a new game, yet delivers a fraction of the content one would expect for that price. Yet people will buy it because they have brand brainwashing.... erm loyalty.
To be clear, if I'm enjoying the game I'll buy whatever content they release. The majority will however be more cautious of high price expansions from a relatively unknown developer and this will be a potential failure factor for Kunos if they choose short term financial gain over long term growth/loyalty of console (really a small form factor windows 10 PC with a custom UI) SIM enthusiasts.
I've read the articles that Kunos may be using the console market to simply fund their continued existence. That's fine if the game and content is compelling, but they are fooling themselves if they think they can get away with a half assed attempt and don't bother with regular updates and quality/competitively priced DLC.
I hope for their sake they understand the market segment they are entering. It's the future of gaming whether you like it or not. Scorpio and "play anywhere" games on console PC's or regular PC's is designed to bring high end gaming to the masses and essentially marry the traditional PC gamer with the console PC gamer. Unless you are simply so stubborn that you switch your gaming to a Mac, there's absolutely nothing you can do about it. It will happen.
Thanks for your reply.

People on the XBO side are not ready for this. You guys are the exception. If anywhere close to the myriad of reviews re: the PC-like physics, and MP works well, this is going to grab the console world by the throat and not lot go.

I hope they will not change their minds/plans. Because we know the power of money ($$$$$) when users (ie console users) will say : it's to hard for playing on television !
I completely understand. However, it's been asked a million times and has been responded without hesitation with the same reassurance that they wouldn't do that. By all means, if they do dumb things down, they will only have themselves to blame and users will have every right to be upset. As of now though, they aren't doing that and I think it's unfair that some people discredit them based on an assumption.

Last edited:
People on the XBO side are not ready for this. You guys are the exception. If anywhere close to the myriad of reviews re: the PC-like physics, and MP works well, this is going to grab the console world by the throat and not lot go.

Progress is made in often small steps. I think that there's more people ready than you think. It's still a relatively niche market, but if companies like Fanatec have gone to the trouble and expense of creating products compatible with and exclusive to consoles, that's a pretty compelling indication there's a market for these games. Consoles are no longer mediocre little boxes for playing Mario kart or shooters. There a massive market that wants high end gaming with all the convenience and family room media capabilities that you simply can't do with as much ease on a custom built PC.

I see an interesting limitation with console: only 16 players for multiplayer compared to 36 with a PC. Does that mean console players can't join PC servers? Or will PC servers begin limiting themselves to only 16 slots? Or is there magic behind the scenes that will let the console users join a server with more than 16 slots?

I see an interesting limitation with console: only 16 players for multiplayer compared to 36 with a PC. Does that mean console players can't join PC servers? Or will PC servers begin limiting themselves to only 16 slots? Or is there magic behind the scenes that will let the console users join a server with more than 16 slots?
Assetto Corsa does not support cross-platform play, each platform's online component is independent of each other. The 16 player limitation is due to the limit of threads that can be dedicated to the processing of the physics of each car. There is the possibility that limitation could be lifted when the next generation of consoles come out next year, if they choose to do so.

Last edited:

This is simply a limitation of current consoles. With the next generation (Scorpio) the playing field will be level.

This is simply a limitation of current consoles. With the next generation (Scorpio) the playing field will be level.
nah it wont be :( .. consoles are always limited by design ...

trailer is nice .. I don`t think it is showing how I see AC more how they think console market wants to see it (which make sense) .. hopefully it will do alright .. too much hype produce disapointment

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back