Assetto Corsa: New Porsche Preview and Free Content Revealed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa  Porsche 718 RS Preview.jpg

Following on from several previous images of upcoming Porsche models teased by Kunos Simulazioni, the latest reveal from the studio gives fans our first glimpse of the beautiful Porsche 718 RS, in the form of an early in-game 3D model.

With a total of 24 new Porsche cars due to be added to Assetto Corsa across three separate DLC packages, fans of the German marque can have a lot to look forward to in the coming weeks. In order to raise a little bit of anticipation for the DLC, Kunos have steadily been teasing several images from a number of the new cars, and the latest 3D model of the 718 RS is indeed a mouth watering prospect.

No official confirmation of exactly which cars will form the three DLC packages have been confirmed, however in a recent tweet, Licencing Manager Marco Massarutto tweeted a picture of the brand new Porsche 911 GT3 Cup with the #soon hastag, leading to speculation that the latest iteration of the one make racing series will soon become part of the Assetto Corsa car roster.

In other news, Kunos Simulazioni have confirmed the following Porsche models will be made available to players for free during the three Porsche DLC packages:

Porsche Macan SUV
Porsche Macan.jpg

Power 185 kW (252 hp) at 5,000 - 6,800
Acceleration from 0 - 100 km/h (0 - 62 mph) 6.7 secs
Top speed 229 km/h (142 mph)
Fuel consumption* Combined in l/100 km (mpg) 7,4 (38.2) - 7,2 (39.2)
CO2 emissions in g/km 172 - 167
Recommended Retail Price from £ 43,553.00 incl. VAT

Porsche Cayenne SUV
Porsche Cayenne.jpg

Power 309 kW (420 hp) at 6,000 1/min
Acceleration from 0 - 100 km/h (0 - 62 mph) 5.5 s
Top speed 259 km/h (160 mph)
Fuel consumption* Combined in l/100 km (mpg) 9.8 - 9.5 (28.8 - 29.7)
CO2 emissions in g/km 229 - 223
Recommended Retail Price from £ 63,265.00 incl. VAT

Porsche Panamera
Porsche Panamera.jpg

Power 324 kW (440 hp) at 5,650 - 6,600
Acceleration from 0-100 km/h (0 - 62 mph) 4.4 secs (4.2 secs with Launch Control)
Top speed 289 km/h (179 mph)
Fuel consumption* Combined in l/100 km (mpg) 8.2 - 8.1 (34.4 - 34.9)
CO2 emissions in g/km 186 - 184
Recommended Retail Price from £ 88,700.00 incl. VAT

*The technical specs are subject to change in game. The above details are taken from the Porsche website, however the exact models variants to be created for Assetto Corsa remain to be announced, and therefore the specifications may be different to the examples provided here.

Check out the Assetto Corsa sub forum here at RaceDepartment for news and discussions regarding the sim. Awesome club and league racing events are held on a regular basis, as well as our great Assetto Corsa modding forum, a place to download the latest mods and discuss Work in Progress projects.

Are you looking forward to the Porsche DLC for Assetto Corsa? Which cars are you looking forward to seeing the most? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Will a proper flag system, rain, and night racing be added too?

My bad, you can't sell those as DLC.
No they won't be coming because you'd need a different starting plan for the software and the game. You'd have to change a lot more which would impact the pc specs requirements, even more when people are using triple screens and VR. And some features like you mention would take one or more devs to do just one task instead of being available for multiple content and updates.
Just face it that AC was never meant to have rain, night, and proper [put whatever floats your boat]. But some people think it will happen and that it must happen. I find that childish mentality because the devs never announced or promised those kind of things, so getting so hooked on it only makes useless obsession and prevents the person to enjoy what the game actually does and offers.
If I would always be waiting for each sim to do the things they are missing then I wouldn't play any of them and I would constantly have to moan publicly about those missing features. It just brings bad mood to the community and useless obsession with something that won't come because it was never planned and is just too big to do after a game is released.

really ?,
I mean really ??!!
WTF are SUV doing in a "race car"'sim ?....

Volkswagen-Race-Touareg-3-35943.jpg

I mean, I hate SUVs as much as the next guy - their only purpose is to brag about how big and how Porsche your car is. But AC including them simply means I can finally trash them :p
But they have as much right to be in AC as any other car in that game. For one, the Cayanne is the street version of that monster above, so why not?

Will a proper flag system, rain, and night racing be added too?

My bad, you can't sell those as DLC.

On a serious note, I am looking forward to the classics, the SUV's and Panamera not so much but because they are free it, why the heck not. It would be stupid to release a 917K or 956 for free because people would happily pay for that (and so would I).

The flag system implementation is pretty poor. For a start, the yellow flag seems to have a range of, well the whole circuit. The yellow flag is supposed to be localised. I see the yellow flag and there are literally no cars around me. You used to be able to set a range just by editing a text file within the track folder, however that was changed so now you can't change it. I used to edit it down to about 400M, I think by default it was 1500M.

Never say never with AC:)

Sometimes I want to have some fun at Nords with some cars I can hopefully some day afford, so I launch a good playlist on Spotify and do some laps. Nice additions for that and I'm sure I will have some fun online with those.

Oh and that GT3 cup is exciting for racing. AMS and rF2 have those cars as well, but it feels much better when you know the game won't stutter or crash:D

I've been a Porsche fan (read obsessed) for as long as I can remember (when i first saw a green 930 Turbo when i was six years old) and to be honest these three cars leave me as cold as the 924 and 928 models did in the 80s and 90s, but they do have their place and as stated in a previous post, these cars are Porsche's bread and butter.
Although i dont like them, i am glad they are the free cars because firstly i don't have to pay for them or drive them and secondly with them "out of the way", there is a bigger likely hood that there will be more of the cars that i am actually passionate about in the remaining 21 slots which i will be paying for. AC has quite a number of cars that i like and also ones that i dont care for (like most of the road cars). KUNOS certainly cannot please everyone and everyone enjoys different cars (personally i prefer the 550 to the 718 but thats my personal preference), so it is what it is. I just ignore those i dont like and enjoy the ones i do. I will definitely buy all 3 packs irrespective so that i can have those cars that i love.

If you want a racing sim without road cars and with only the best and most iconic of the classic and modern race cars, then be prepared to have 1 or 2 race cars per brand and each costing 10€.
If you want devs to only the get the most important cars per manufacturer then most likely you'll have fewer content in game and more expensive to license and sell.
Or you simply play R3E and pay 3€ for a car.

Never say never with AC:)

Sometimes I want to have some fun at Nords with some cars I can hopefully some day afford, so I launch a good playlist on Spotify and do some laps. Nice additions for that and I'm sure I will have some fun online with those.

Oh and that GT3 cup is exciting for racing. AMS and rF2 have those cars as well, but it feels much better when you know the game won't stutter or crash:D
I agree on the Nordschleife part, I raced the Audi S1 like 3 hrs during the night with my newly purchased second hand wheel and I just had so much fun competing against the Abarth 500 EsseEsse. Truely wonderful times...until I crashed it in real YT video style :unsure:

The Panamera interests me the most, I think it might be as quick as the M4?
I remember the Top Gear presentors Richard, Jeremy and James were very enthusiastic about it.
A Beamer M5 V10 to race it against would be thrilling :D

I agree on the Nordschleife part, I raced the Audi S1 like 3 hrs during the night with my newly purchased second hand wheel and I just had so much fun competing against the Abarth 500 EsseEsse. Truely wonderful times...until I crashed it in real YT video style :unsure:

The Panamera interests me the most, I think it might be as quick as the M4?
I remember the Top Gear presentors Richard, Jeremy and James were very enthusiastic about it.
A Beamer M5 V10 to race it against would be thrilling :D

Depends on the version they bring into the game. I think it's gonna be in the C7, Mustang level...

<Snip>

free dlc = auto download? ;) so i have to delete the game if i dont want the free cars :rolleyes:

i have enough space on my ssd but i dont see the point to fill it with useless things

Watch out guys, Kunos probably isnt going to ever update the game again, because surely any future update of 1MB would be enough to make this guys HDD too full.

Wouldnt want that to happen now would we. :rolleyes:

Hmm, arent you the guy behind the EEC mod for another game. Im sure all those car models are using up a fair bit of space on your HDD... ;)

Man, only sim racers complain about free content, and their game being updated years after release. Remarkable.

Last edited by a moderator:
why i buy a sim? because in real life i will never be able to drive a race car, i love race cars and i want to drive them.. so i buy a sim what has racecars...

cars like a panamera or a fiat 500 i can drive every day, i just have to go to a car dealer and ask for a test drive... so even for free i have no need for such cars because you have every day the chance to drive them on real...
if i want to drive such cars in a game i would for sure buy gran turismo or forza where you have 300 of them and not just 20 like on ac...

<snip<

why i buy a sim? because in real life i will never be able to drive a race car, i love race cars and i want to drive them.. so i buy a sim what has racecars...

cars like a panamera or a fiat 500 i can drive every day, i just have to go to a car dealer and ask for a test drive... so even for free i have no need for such cars because you have every day the chance to drive them on real...
if i want to drive such cars in a game i would for sure buy gran turismo or forza where you have 300 of them and not just 20 like on ac...

<snip<

It isn't what you drive, its HOW you drive it. I've driven a Panamera, yes. But I haven't been around the Nurburgring at full chat in a Panamera, and will probably never do so. But now I can thanks to Kunos.

Also "Gran Turismo" and "Forza" 'shouldn't even be in the same paragraph as "sim" or "real".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play