Assetto Corsa: New Porsche Preview and Free Content Revealed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa  Porsche 718 RS Preview.jpg

Following on from several previous images of upcoming Porsche models teased by Kunos Simulazioni, the latest reveal from the studio gives fans our first glimpse of the beautiful Porsche 718 RS, in the form of an early in-game 3D model.

With a total of 24 new Porsche cars due to be added to Assetto Corsa across three separate DLC packages, fans of the German marque can have a lot to look forward to in the coming weeks. In order to raise a little bit of anticipation for the DLC, Kunos have steadily been teasing several images from a number of the new cars, and the latest 3D model of the 718 RS is indeed a mouth watering prospect.

No official confirmation of exactly which cars will form the three DLC packages have been confirmed, however in a recent tweet, Licencing Manager Marco Massarutto tweeted a picture of the brand new Porsche 911 GT3 Cup with the #soon hastag, leading to speculation that the latest iteration of the one make racing series will soon become part of the Assetto Corsa car roster.

In other news, Kunos Simulazioni have confirmed the following Porsche models will be made available to players for free during the three Porsche DLC packages:

Porsche Macan SUV
Porsche Macan.jpg

Power 185 kW (252 hp) at 5,000 - 6,800
Acceleration from 0 - 100 km/h (0 - 62 mph) 6.7 secs
Top speed 229 km/h (142 mph)
Fuel consumption* Combined in l/100 km (mpg) 7,4 (38.2) - 7,2 (39.2)
CO2 emissions in g/km 172 - 167
Recommended Retail Price from £ 43,553.00 incl. VAT

Porsche Cayenne SUV
Porsche Cayenne.jpg

Power 309 kW (420 hp) at 6,000 1/min
Acceleration from 0 - 100 km/h (0 - 62 mph) 5.5 s
Top speed 259 km/h (160 mph)
Fuel consumption* Combined in l/100 km (mpg) 9.8 - 9.5 (28.8 - 29.7)
CO2 emissions in g/km 229 - 223
Recommended Retail Price from £ 63,265.00 incl. VAT

Porsche Panamera
Porsche Panamera.jpg

Power 324 kW (440 hp) at 5,650 - 6,600
Acceleration from 0-100 km/h (0 - 62 mph) 4.4 secs (4.2 secs with Launch Control)
Top speed 289 km/h (179 mph)
Fuel consumption* Combined in l/100 km (mpg) 8.2 - 8.1 (34.4 - 34.9)
CO2 emissions in g/km 186 - 184
Recommended Retail Price from £ 88,700.00 incl. VAT

*The technical specs are subject to change in game. The above details are taken from the Porsche website, however the exact models variants to be created for Assetto Corsa remain to be announced, and therefore the specifications may be different to the examples provided here.

Check out the Assetto Corsa sub forum here at RaceDepartment for news and discussions regarding the sim. Awesome club and league racing events are held on a regular basis, as well as our great Assetto Corsa modding forum, a place to download the latest mods and discuss Work in Progress projects.

Are you looking forward to the Porsche DLC for Assetto Corsa? Which cars are you looking forward to seeing the most? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Couldn't care less for these models but i understand the licensing agreement.
too bad ks have to waste their time creating these cars
instead they could be making other, more interesting cars
but they probsably have to be created anyway so porsche can use them for their porsche experience,no? So in the end it s already there, why not throw it in as free dlc right?

but they probsably have to be created anyway so porsche can use them for their porsche experience,no? So in the end it s already there, why not throw it in as free dlc right?
Exactly, they have these promo simulator rigs where people will test drive Porsche cars using Assetto Corsa. These cars are used both for promotion in games and in porsche sim booths.

Ehm, actually my favourite all time road Porsche is the Carrera GT...that would be a blast now wouldn't it? :inlove:
Cayman GT4 will be the best drivable Porsche for me I think, has my name written all over it.
I know the GT4 is in the DLC, just hope to see that Carrera GT too :whistling:

I welcome all kinds of vehicles come to AC. Though Kunos called it "Your racing simulator", I'm glad they never narrowed AC into it since the very beginning. Racing isn't everything to cars. I think AC will lose so much fun without road legal cars. This is a title worths much more potential. And I won't get surprised if one day they changed its subtitle to "Your driving simulator".

Last edited:
I welcome all kinds of vehicles come to AC. Though Kunos called it "Your racing simulator", I'm glad they never narrowed AC into it since the very beginning. Racing isn't everything to cars. I think AC will lose so much fun without road legal cars. This is a title worths much more potential. And I won't get surprised if one day they changed its subtitle to "Your driving simulator".
Seems illogical to rename it to your driving simulator when the game is designed around racing, both in offline and online. It happens that people also like to drive/practice road and race cars on circuits. But having road cars in game isn't sufficient to change the tagline to your driving simulator when this is a racing game and in fact you can race in the game, with any car type.

Seems illogical to rename it to your driving simulator when the game is designed around racing, both in offline and online. It happens that people also like to drive/practice road and race cars on circuits. But having road cars in game isn't sufficient to change the tagline to your driving simulator when this is a racing game and in fact you can race in the game, with any car type.
I didn't try to push the modified subtitle to anyone, just to describe my feelings on AC.

Personally the time I spend on driving myself is much longer than the time I race. Not only in AC, but all racing games. I enjoy driving and roaming.

I think "Your racing simulator" was more or less giving the game and gamers a goal. But all cars road legal or racing are no need to unlock from the start and maps like Trento-Bondone and Black Cat County and tons of normal road mods in RD give you so much freedom on how you enjoy this game. AC doesn't push this goal to gamers. I can enjoy beautiful scenes and well tuned cars with total relaxation. I have the most satisfactory driving experience in AC. I admit it's a racing simulator. But to me myself, it's more than a racing simulator.

Last edited:
I will happily take up some space on my computer if it means that Porsche will allow more licensed content which I am actually after. Do i think i will ever actually use any of the above cars? No, most certainly not. I can't stand the idea of a four door performance car like the Panamera or Rapide etc, If i want a car for my family and I have some money there is a huge list of cars to choose from...

Point of the matter is, Porsche don't give a rats about what I want... Their money, their content, their choice.

I'll take all the above however it comes!

What makes these reactions funny is the thought of how the words would change if Kunos took these awesome SUVs and gave us an off-road course to race them on.

Throwing big SUVs around in Forza Horizon 3 is a hoot, but I'd love to race them around a proper sim please Kunos :)

For what it's worth, despite all the criticism Kunos get (sometimes rightfully so, sometimes not so much), they are pretty damn good in the road car department. The M3 E30, 458, the F40, and the GT86 are monumental works of art. They are textbook examples for "how to road car". I don't like math because I'm a stupid dimwit, but statistically, I would think those cars alone have given me my money's worth multiple times over.

I definitely prefer other games for my open wheeler or endurance fix, but I'm more than willing to make compromises when I'm taking a shiny fezza for a spin round the ring, cause the driving itself is pretty dang good.

But this debate has been going on for so long now.. If you take three or four major simracing dev companies and look at how they make their approach towards their goal, they all come from different directions, have different strategies, different priorities, and it's a bit tedious to apply a common yardstick when you keep that in mind. I found out my favourites, being AC for trackdays or sprints in luxury road cars, AMS for open wheeler goodness, rF2 for GT/Enduro racing. Others might have totally different opinions, but trying to make others feel bad because they think differently, or because you don't like something they like... is probably a waste of time. Part of the reason for this deep divide between "camps" is found in the abyss of polemics and interpersonal issues. The games themselves are actually quite enjoyable. (Shocking, I know!) I'm racking up hours in every one of them.. and when I get fed up with one, I switch over.

TL;DR:

Play what you like. There's no be-all end-all. Don't look a gift horse in the mouth, especially if it's more than willing to take you around a course quickly :D

Simple thing, if you don´t like the added content just don´t use it...it´s that simple.
On the other hand, if your customers don´t like the changes you do to your product they will simply jump the boat. As a company you will notice when it is already too late, sales will go downhill.
I stopped buying DLC´s for AC like 3 or 4 DLC´s ago.

why i buy a sim? because in real life i will never be able to drive a race car, i love race cars and i want to drive them.. so i buy a sim what has racecars...

cars like a panamera or a fiat 500 i can drive every day, i just have to go to a car dealer and ask for a test drive... so even for free i have no need for such cars because you have every day the chance to drive them on real...
if i want to drive such cars in a game i would for sure buy gran turismo or forza where you have 300 of them and not just 20 like on ac...

<snip<
Let us doubt you have the nerve (as a matter of guts or of potential economic damage) to drive IRL a Panamera or even an Abarth 500 in the same way you drive them in a simulator.

cars like a panamera or a fiat 500 i can drive every day, i just have to go to a car dealer and ask for a test drive... so even for free i have no need for such cars because you have every day the chance to drive them on real...
if i want to drive such cars in a game i would for sure buy gran turismo or forza where you have 300 of them and not just 20 like on ac...
<snip<

Another 2 posts like this one and you will be in my "TOP 5 funniest users" list together with that wig-guy. :D

Marco Massarutto said:
Imagine you get into a mall to buy a pair of Lee jeans, and when you go for the check out, the guy at desk tells you "I'm glad to tell you that, since you have purchased this product, you will get this t-shirt for free, offered by Lee".

What do you will answer? Some options:

- I didn't ask for it, just give me my jeans
- I don't like this t-shirt, I'm not going to wear it
- What are you trying to do? To fill my closet with useless stuff?!
- I've a t-shirt already, I don't need this so-called gift
- Let's do this: give me the jeans for free and keep the t-shirt for you
- If I was interested to a t-shirt, I would have purchased it
- What a waste of time and money, tell Lee to give me a 100$ jacket for free instead
- I'm here for the jeans and you give me a free t-shirt? Shame on you
- So, now Lee gives stuff for free to let me have a taste of it? Shame on them

Sounds weird? Not to some simracers. Sad, but true.

So, about Porsche: few people complain because Assetto Corsa will release - for free, and even if you just own the game but you don't purchase any Porsche DLC - the new Panamera, Cayenne and Macan. Saying the things you can read above. As part of our agreement with Porsche, the Brand asked us to reproduce, for THEIR simulators, ALSO the models included in their current production. For THEIR purposes. Once we worked for months to reproduce those models with the maximum accuracy for Porsche simulators, we believed it would have been a shame do not allow the AC community to enjoy those cars as well. Without charging them. And that's it. Also because we take in consideration that the AC community is so wide today that different people like different cars, something that some blind gamers still don't understand, or accept. On the other side, this kind of agreement allows us to reproduce and make available for Assetto Corsa cars like the one you see in the picture.

So, today lot of people tell me that they want so badly in Assetto Corsa the Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio Verde . If to get it in the game we would be asked to include also the next Stelvio SUV as free bonus content, would you complain for it? If yes, probably you would need to turn off your PC or console, open the door, leave the house, close your eyes and take a breath; and relax. Because it looks to me that you are not able anymore to enjoy what is supposed to be your passion. BTW, driving the new PanameraTurbo at the Nordschleife in 7'.39" is a blast, and it is not for everyone. Stay tuned. And take it easy, enjoy your life, you live once.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back