Assetto Corsa: New Porsche Preview and Free Content Revealed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa  Porsche 718 RS Preview.jpg

Following on from several previous images of upcoming Porsche models teased by Kunos Simulazioni, the latest reveal from the studio gives fans our first glimpse of the beautiful Porsche 718 RS, in the form of an early in-game 3D model.

With a total of 24 new Porsche cars due to be added to Assetto Corsa across three separate DLC packages, fans of the German marque can have a lot to look forward to in the coming weeks. In order to raise a little bit of anticipation for the DLC, Kunos have steadily been teasing several images from a number of the new cars, and the latest 3D model of the 718 RS is indeed a mouth watering prospect.

No official confirmation of exactly which cars will form the three DLC packages have been confirmed, however in a recent tweet, Licencing Manager Marco Massarutto tweeted a picture of the brand new Porsche 911 GT3 Cup with the #soon hastag, leading to speculation that the latest iteration of the one make racing series will soon become part of the Assetto Corsa car roster.

In other news, Kunos Simulazioni have confirmed the following Porsche models will be made available to players for free during the three Porsche DLC packages:

Porsche Macan SUV
Porsche Macan.jpg

Power 185 kW (252 hp) at 5,000 - 6,800
Acceleration from 0 - 100 km/h (0 - 62 mph) 6.7 secs
Top speed 229 km/h (142 mph)
Fuel consumption* Combined in l/100 km (mpg) 7,4 (38.2) - 7,2 (39.2)
CO2 emissions in g/km 172 - 167
Recommended Retail Price from £ 43,553.00 incl. VAT

Porsche Cayenne SUV
Porsche Cayenne.jpg

Power 309 kW (420 hp) at 6,000 1/min
Acceleration from 0 - 100 km/h (0 - 62 mph) 5.5 s
Top speed 259 km/h (160 mph)
Fuel consumption* Combined in l/100 km (mpg) 9.8 - 9.5 (28.8 - 29.7)
CO2 emissions in g/km 229 - 223
Recommended Retail Price from £ 63,265.00 incl. VAT

Porsche Panamera
Porsche Panamera.jpg

Power 324 kW (440 hp) at 5,650 - 6,600
Acceleration from 0-100 km/h (0 - 62 mph) 4.4 secs (4.2 secs with Launch Control)
Top speed 289 km/h (179 mph)
Fuel consumption* Combined in l/100 km (mpg) 8.2 - 8.1 (34.4 - 34.9)
CO2 emissions in g/km 186 - 184
Recommended Retail Price from £ 88,700.00 incl. VAT

*The technical specs are subject to change in game. The above details are taken from the Porsche website, however the exact models variants to be created for Assetto Corsa remain to be announced, and therefore the specifications may be different to the examples provided here.

Check out the Assetto Corsa sub forum here at RaceDepartment for news and discussions regarding the sim. Awesome club and league racing events are held on a regular basis, as well as our great Assetto Corsa modding forum, a place to download the latest mods and discuss Work in Progress projects.

Are you looking forward to the Porsche DLC for Assetto Corsa? Which cars are you looking forward to seeing the most? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Mod Edit: You can give your opinion but please do so respectfully. Warning point added.

how about being a bit more objective? besides who said that you have to take and use the free content? furthermore you don't even have to play Assetto Corsa if you don't like it. So where is the problem?

Last edited by a moderator:
View attachment 154956

btw if anyone don't want to waste their precious harddisk space, you can always untick it.

But you can´t untick standard content that comes for free...
But still, don´t buy the crappy DLC´s in the first place, that´s now going on for way too long. That companies get away with that policy and so they keep milking the cash cow, vote with your money. Stop going for that DLC crap and we will have fully featured games again.

And btw what´s coming next from kunos? A tree dreampack which will pimp up the trees on nords?
Now let the hatetrain hit me...

Accroding to Marco Porsche agreement made them include cars they probably weren't interested in....its like that Maserati Suv I could care less that its on the hard drive.

So unless we are in the negotiating room with Porsche we really have no idea how complex these license deals are.

Here is mr Massaruto about it in his own words.

Imagine you get into a mall to buy a pair of Lee jeans, and when you go for the check out, the guy at desk tells you "I'm glad to tell you that, since you have purchased this product, you will get this t-shirt for free, offered by Lee".

What do you will answer? Some options:

- I didn't ask for it, just give me my jeans
- I don't like this t-shirt, I'm not going to wear it
- What are you trying to do? To fill my closet with useless stuff?!
- I've a t-shirt already, I don't need this so-called gift
- Let's do this: give me the jeans for free and keep the t-shirt for you
- If I was interested to a t-shirt, I would have purchased it
- What a waste of time and money, tell Lee to give me a 100$ jacket for free instead
- I'm here for the jeans and you give me a free t-shirt? Shame on you
- So, now Lee gives stuff for free to let me have a taste of it? Shame on them

Sounds weird? Not to some simracers. Sad, but true.

So, about Porsche: few people complain because Assetto Corsa will release - for free, and even if you just own the game but you don't purchase any Porsche DLC - the new Panamera, Cayenne and Macan. Saying the things you can read above. As part of our agreement with Porsche, the Brand asked us to reproduce, for THEIR simulators, ALSO the models included in their current production. For THEIR purposes. Once we worked for months to reproduce those models with the maximum accuracy for Porsche simulators, we believed it would have been a shame do not allow the AC community to enjoy those cars as well. Without charging them. And that's it. Also because we take in consideration that the AC community is so wide today that different people like different cars, something that some blind gamers still don't understand, or accept. On the other side, this kind of agreement allows us to reproduce and make available for Assetto Corsa cars like the one you see in the picture.

So, today lot of people tell me that they want so badly in Assetto Corsa the Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio Verde . If to get it in the game we would be asked to include also the next Stelvio SUV as free bonus content, would you complain for it? If yes, probably you would need to turn off your PC or console, open the door, leave the house, close your eyes and take a breath; and relax. Because it looks to me that you are not able anymore to enjoy what is supposed to be your passion. BTW, driving the new PanameraTurbo at the Nordschleife in 7'.39" is a blast, and it is not for everyone. Stay tuned. And take it easy, enjoy your life, you live once.

But you can´t untick standard content that comes for free...
But still, don´t buy the crappy DLC´s in the first place, that´s now going on for way too long. That companies get away with that policy and so they keep milking the cash cow, vote with your money. Stop going for that DLC crap and we will have fully featured games again.

And btw what´s coming next from kunos? A tree dreampack which will pimp up the trees on nords?
Now let the hatetrain hit me...
What are you even saying? You don't want more content? So Kunos should stop producing new cars and tracks because Falk Massmann doesn't want them?

The people who say they aren't interested in this and won't use these three cars. But the Maserati Levante S got good reception after it was released and tested in game, by driving or even racing it.
More people are saying they don't want these free cars than are racing the Sauber C9, and more people will race the SUVs after release than racing the Sauber C9.
ps. the C9 along the 787b free release in the future 'will make' the C9 interesting again for those who forgot it.

So before anyone complains about road cars, give the race cars more chance. In fact you don't have to use any road car, race only using race cars. But don't go saying you don't want road cars when you're not even that interested in racing the race cars.

A race car from Marco's post that got quoted above: :)
14570480_10207238750761034_2823439306767982676_n.jpg

Au contraire of those who despise road cars, there are many people who like a lot both these car genres and the game's success and wide interest speaks for it.

What are you even saying? You don't want more content? So Kunos should stop producing new cars and tracks because Falk Massmann doesn't want them?

Nope, you should read "and" understand what I have said. I stated that everyone can choose what cars they want to drive in AC. Nobody forces you to drive any DLC car or free content. What I have said is that it has been a bit too much with the DLC´s on AC. And from my Point of View it is all about milking that cash cow right now for Kunos.

When I look at the DLC´s they have released over the last couple of months there is no real focus on anything. It´s like a child in the candy store, look we could make these cars in a pack and get money for it...oh good idea. In that pack they seem to have one common theme but pretty much can´t be raced against each other. It seems they pick cars on what they think get´s them the best deal (cash). It´s all a bit too much and the only race category I see well populated is GT3/GT2 as much as I can judge from public servers.

It is like picking cars from a random pool of maybe interesting cars to drive, but in the end I still find myself not eagerly thrilled to fire up AC anymore because of the whole package of the sim, some things regarding car physics still feel very wrong to me, but that´s just my oppinion. But the DLC´s are completely cluttered with randomly picked things.

Hah... I am one of these people / sim racers who hasn't touched even one of the street cars in Assetto Corsa yet, but still I am happy and appreciate it to have them in the game. The more quality content we have, the merrier.:) And now... while we're at it, I'm demanding that Kunos adds all the WEC cars into this frigging game at once!:D

Nope, you should read "and" understand what I have said. I stated that everyone can choose what cars they want to drive in AC. Nobody forces you to drive any DLC car or free content. What I have said is that it has been a bit too much with the DLC´s on AC. And from my Point of View it is all about milking that cash cow right now for Kunos.

When I look at the DLC´s they have released over the last couple of months there is no real focus on anything. It´s like a child in the candy store, look we could make these cars in a pack and get money for it...oh good idea. In that pack they seem to have one common theme but pretty much can´t be raced against each other. It seems they pick cars on what they think get´s them the best deal (cash). It´s all a bit too much and the only race category I see well populated is GT3/GT2 as much as I can judge from public servers.

It is like picking cars from a random pool of maybe interesting cars to drive, but in the end I still find myself not eagerly thrilled to fire up AC anymore because of the whole package of the sim, some things regarding car physics still feel very wrong to me, but that´s just my oppinion. But the DLC´s are completely cluttered with randomly picked things.

Your freedom is to choose between those packs you want and those you don't want to have.;)

Hey Marco, thanks for giving us access to the sedan and SUVs that Porsche commissioned for their simulators. I'm looking forward to experience what that monstrous Panamera feels like hurtling thru Variante Ascari.

Yeah, showing game studios that there is no money to be made in the tiny simracing genre will surely convince them to spend millions creating the perfect, feature complete sim.

I am willing to spend a lot of money if the product is excellent [hint] like some other studios with even a smaller team (cause it has been brought up so many times) then kunos located in the south american region with top notch content and that is primaliry focused to give people cars for racing them against each other. So you got it wrong Mr. Hornbuckle (again?). I am willing to spend my hard earned cash but not on AC DLC´s. Have a nice evening..

Your freedom is to choose between those packs you want and those you don't want to have.;)
Actually exactly what I wrote...:O_o::sleep:

When I look at the DLC´s they have released over the last couple of months there is no real focus on anything.
Really? Japanese pack apparently focuses on Japanese performance cars, and Red Pack obviously focuses on Italian cars, especially F1 cars.

but pretty much can´t be raced against each other
Most of the DLCs have more than 1 GT2/GT3 cars, and most of the DLCs have more than one make series. It is hard to understand what "can't be raced against each other" means. Apparently what you are looking for is something like "Endurance Series". The truth is, apart from R3E, I don't really see any developers making/release giant packs putting different cars of similar class into a single pack. There is a reason behind it. Hell, even R3E is putting popular contents from different classes and sell a Nurburgring pack to attract more players.

I see well populated is GT3/GT2 as much as I can judge from public servers.
To begin with, if you check SRS, you will know that GT4 and MX5 Cup are both popular, and more GT4 cars are coming. Besides, these cars are popular because people like to race these cars. AMS has a great selection of openwheelers and stock cars, as well as a Flat6 series, but there are still many many people trying their best to go through the hassle of modding/ripping, just to put some GT2/GT3 into AMS. It is because these cars are popular from the beginning.

DLC has long been there in SimRacing as long as you are aware of Race07, although back then expansions were not called DLCs.

Besides are you aware how many DLCs and how often your favorite south American developer has planned for? Are you aware that the cost of the season pass can well buy you most of the DLCs release for AC, all of them when on sale?
  • October
    • Brit Pack

• November
    • Legendary Tracks Part 1: Imola (1972, 1988, 2001, 2016 versions)
    • New Series - TBA (Hint: Big and Heavy)

• December
    • New Series - TBA (Hint: Classic content)

• January 2017
    • Legendary Tracks Part 2 - TBA (Hint: It's got a long historical variant)

• February 2017
    • Car Pack from a major manufacturer - TBA (Hint: It's awesome)

• March 2017
    • Legendary Tracks Part 3 - TBA (Hint: Not a permanent road course)
    • Aussie Racing Car

TBH I haven't been playing AC as frequently as AMS (mostly because I've been preparing for a real-life track day and AMS happens to have a better track mod), and I do enjoy AMS. But criticizing AC using this type of reasoning is just beyond me. I am not going to criticize AMS because they don't have plans for GT2/GT3 cars, and I am not going to moan over AC because GT2/GT3 is too popular.

True about the dlc content choice. Except the jappack it's a bit too much wet fingerwork. Like they are playing bingo with carmodels instead of numbers :D
But i think i would do the same being in their shoes. maximising profit like this sounds most logical. I for one haven't driven that much cars up till now cause they hardly released car models that really interest me: don't think I ve given more than 10 cars some serious track time. But i ve played more than 550 hours so in the end the dlcprice is ridiculously low. I racing for example asks more for the track alone

How can you say a Japanese pack looks random when it has the R34, Supra Mk 4, and RX7 in it? They're only the most popular "driver's" cars for the last 20 years... all it misses is Honda since they don't have a license for it.

Of course it's a racing sim and we need race cars, but I'm so impatient to drive those suv too.
As I can't push my beasty 4x4 to it's limit in real life on a public road, I'll be glad to take maximum risk in game without the ability to kill a whole familly in a crash.
This is just my personal feeling, and I thanks Kunos for giving me so much joy !
And please, stop crying about free content, this is not the forum of World Of Wardcraft, there's no place here for raging kids ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 287 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 192 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 193 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%