Assetto Corsa: New Porsche Preview and Free Content Revealed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa  Porsche 718 RS Preview.jpg

Following on from several previous images of upcoming Porsche models teased by Kunos Simulazioni, the latest reveal from the studio gives fans our first glimpse of the beautiful Porsche 718 RS, in the form of an early in-game 3D model.

With a total of 24 new Porsche cars due to be added to Assetto Corsa across three separate DLC packages, fans of the German marque can have a lot to look forward to in the coming weeks. In order to raise a little bit of anticipation for the DLC, Kunos have steadily been teasing several images from a number of the new cars, and the latest 3D model of the 718 RS is indeed a mouth watering prospect.

No official confirmation of exactly which cars will form the three DLC packages have been confirmed, however in a recent tweet, Licencing Manager Marco Massarutto tweeted a picture of the brand new Porsche 911 GT3 Cup with the #soon hastag, leading to speculation that the latest iteration of the one make racing series will soon become part of the Assetto Corsa car roster.

In other news, Kunos Simulazioni have confirmed the following Porsche models will be made available to players for free during the three Porsche DLC packages:

Porsche Macan SUV
Porsche Macan.jpg

Power 185 kW (252 hp) at 5,000 - 6,800
Acceleration from 0 - 100 km/h (0 - 62 mph) 6.7 secs
Top speed 229 km/h (142 mph)
Fuel consumption* Combined in l/100 km (mpg) 7,4 (38.2) - 7,2 (39.2)
CO2 emissions in g/km 172 - 167
Recommended Retail Price from £ 43,553.00 incl. VAT

Porsche Cayenne SUV
Porsche Cayenne.jpg

Power 309 kW (420 hp) at 6,000 1/min
Acceleration from 0 - 100 km/h (0 - 62 mph) 5.5 s
Top speed 259 km/h (160 mph)
Fuel consumption* Combined in l/100 km (mpg) 9.8 - 9.5 (28.8 - 29.7)
CO2 emissions in g/km 229 - 223
Recommended Retail Price from £ 63,265.00 incl. VAT

Porsche Panamera
Porsche Panamera.jpg

Power 324 kW (440 hp) at 5,650 - 6,600
Acceleration from 0-100 km/h (0 - 62 mph) 4.4 secs (4.2 secs with Launch Control)
Top speed 289 km/h (179 mph)
Fuel consumption* Combined in l/100 km (mpg) 8.2 - 8.1 (34.4 - 34.9)
CO2 emissions in g/km 186 - 184
Recommended Retail Price from £ 88,700.00 incl. VAT

*The technical specs are subject to change in game. The above details are taken from the Porsche website, however the exact models variants to be created for Assetto Corsa remain to be announced, and therefore the specifications may be different to the examples provided here.

Check out the Assetto Corsa sub forum here at RaceDepartment for news and discussions regarding the sim. Awesome club and league racing events are held on a regular basis, as well as our great Assetto Corsa modding forum, a place to download the latest mods and discuss Work in Progress projects.

Are you looking forward to the Porsche DLC for Assetto Corsa? Which cars are you looking forward to seeing the most? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Eeh ..i mean it is free but....I guess I'll wait for more informations about how those 24 Porsches will be spreaded through DLCs and than pick on or two I like most. probably first DLCs I'm not gonna buy on release ..I paid for way too many cars I have no intention to drive .. and I'll be supporting kunos again when they throw in some tracks

@Brice.S. is it race car sim though?

Eeh ..i mean it is free but....I guess I'll wait for more informations about how those 24 Porsches will be spreaded through DLCs and than pick on or two I like most. probably first DLCs I'm not gonna buy on release ..I paid for way too many cars I have no intention to drive .. and I'll be supporting kunos again when they throw in some tracks

@Brice.S. is it race car sim though?
But is it a City Car Driving Simulator?

This community is in such a sad state. You guys aren't forced to buy Assetto Corsa, you're not forced to play Assetto Corsa, you're not forced to purchase the DLC, you're not entitled to free content after release and you have no right to complain about the kind of free content they release. Yet all you hear and see in the simracing community are complaints and negativity every single time this title is mentioned. Pathetic.

Come on people, at this stage of sim racing you guys don't know how licensing works? You really think any maker will release their racing products licenses without any type of advertising hooked? "If you want our 919 you will have to put our Macan in the game too." Why? because those are their best selling products and they want to advertise it at any type of media they can.
It is naive, not to say childish, to assume that the developers can choose anything they want from the makers' IPs and have it at their own discretion...

But is it a City Car Driving Simulator?
Well it has lots of road cars and I would say that they do road cars better than race cars, also levante was one of the better cars red pack....so nothing against more road cars, these are not what I will drive but I don't mind them .. I'll wait for few historic pieces and pass the rest (well I'm saying it now..I might end up with all of them)
Also you can practice taking your kids to school now ... I'm sure there is some city track mod

Seriously, Porsche is 911 and race cars. We could have Touran's and Kadjar's for SUV racing (yeah!), they would not be less fun (and what a fun!).

I understand Kunos must put those Chelsea/Neuilly/Grünewald vehicles into the mix, but they're definitely not "mouthwatering".

This community is in such a sad state. You guys aren't forced to buy Assetto Corsa, you're not forced to play Assetto Corsa, you're not forced to purchase the DLC, you're not entitled to free content after release and you have no right to complain about the kind of free content they release. Yet all you hear and see in the simracing community are complaints and negativity every single time this title is mentioned. Pathetic.

but we are forced to fill our hdd with stupid cars...

they should make dlc with race content and one with city content... so i would buy a dlc too... for now i see no point for me to spend money on dlc where just one or two are interesting -.- i want to race and not to simulate a trip into the shopping mall

but we are forced to fill our hdd with stupid cars...

they should make dlc with race content and one with city content... so i would buy a dlc too... for now i see no point for me to spend money on dlc where just one or two are interesting -.- i want to race and not to simulate a trip into the shopping mall

1. You are not forced to do anything

2. Buy a bigger hd...

<Snip>

free dlc = auto download? ;) so i have to delete the game if i dont want the free cars :rolleyes:

i have enough space on my ssd but i dont see the point to fill it with useless things

Last edited by a moderator:
I know people say that you can't complain about free DLC, but what a waste to create SUV's. Think of all the classic Porsches that we want that they could make.

It's not about what you want, it's about what Porsche agreed to make available to the sim. And I wonder how many people that are belly aching about SUVs being in the game have ever driven any of these IRL? My suggestion is wait till they're available so you can actually drive them before you start complaining, you might be pleasantly surprised.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back