Assetto Corsa: New Porsche Preview and Free Content Revealed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa  Porsche 718 RS Preview.jpg

Following on from several previous images of upcoming Porsche models teased by Kunos Simulazioni, the latest reveal from the studio gives fans our first glimpse of the beautiful Porsche 718 RS, in the form of an early in-game 3D model.

With a total of 24 new Porsche cars due to be added to Assetto Corsa across three separate DLC packages, fans of the German marque can have a lot to look forward to in the coming weeks. In order to raise a little bit of anticipation for the DLC, Kunos have steadily been teasing several images from a number of the new cars, and the latest 3D model of the 718 RS is indeed a mouth watering prospect.

No official confirmation of exactly which cars will form the three DLC packages have been confirmed, however in a recent tweet, Licencing Manager Marco Massarutto tweeted a picture of the brand new Porsche 911 GT3 Cup with the #soon hastag, leading to speculation that the latest iteration of the one make racing series will soon become part of the Assetto Corsa car roster.

In other news, Kunos Simulazioni have confirmed the following Porsche models will be made available to players for free during the three Porsche DLC packages:

Porsche Macan SUV
Porsche Macan.jpg

Power 185 kW (252 hp) at 5,000 - 6,800
Acceleration from 0 - 100 km/h (0 - 62 mph) 6.7 secs
Top speed 229 km/h (142 mph)
Fuel consumption* Combined in l/100 km (mpg) 7,4 (38.2) - 7,2 (39.2)
CO2 emissions in g/km 172 - 167
Recommended Retail Price from £ 43,553.00 incl. VAT

Porsche Cayenne SUV
Porsche Cayenne.jpg

Power 309 kW (420 hp) at 6,000 1/min
Acceleration from 0 - 100 km/h (0 - 62 mph) 5.5 s
Top speed 259 km/h (160 mph)
Fuel consumption* Combined in l/100 km (mpg) 9.8 - 9.5 (28.8 - 29.7)
CO2 emissions in g/km 229 - 223
Recommended Retail Price from £ 63,265.00 incl. VAT

Porsche Panamera
Porsche Panamera.jpg

Power 324 kW (440 hp) at 5,650 - 6,600
Acceleration from 0-100 km/h (0 - 62 mph) 4.4 secs (4.2 secs with Launch Control)
Top speed 289 km/h (179 mph)
Fuel consumption* Combined in l/100 km (mpg) 8.2 - 8.1 (34.4 - 34.9)
CO2 emissions in g/km 186 - 184
Recommended Retail Price from £ 88,700.00 incl. VAT

*The technical specs are subject to change in game. The above details are taken from the Porsche website, however the exact models variants to be created for Assetto Corsa remain to be announced, and therefore the specifications may be different to the examples provided here.

Check out the Assetto Corsa sub forum here at RaceDepartment for news and discussions regarding the sim. Awesome club and league racing events are held on a regular basis, as well as our great Assetto Corsa modding forum, a place to download the latest mods and discuss Work in Progress projects.

Are you looking forward to the Porsche DLC for Assetto Corsa? Which cars are you looking forward to seeing the most? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Well it has lots of road cars and I would say that they do road cars better than race cars, also levante was one of the better cars red pack....so nothing against more road cars, these are not what I will drive but I don't mind them .. I'll wait for few historic pieces and pass the rest (well I'm saying it now..I might end up with all of them)
Also you can practice taking your kids to school now ... I'm sure there is some city track mod
yeah well, if I wanted an SUV I'd go to FH3 and get another 400 cars for the price of 60 dollars (and a complete game), Kunos is bringing the s**t storm to themselves with these "amazing" licensing deals.

Oh really, Porsche make them add these SUV's, I did not think of that.

Yes they do, and if you know anything about Porsche you'd know they're control freaks - the licensing of their IP is just another marketing stream. Heck, thats the reason Kunos got the license in the first place because Porsche took AC on as the official sim for their "Porsche Experience" program in Europe.

Free cars. Cant get any better than that. People complaining seem to still not understand what AC is about (its only been out for a couple years so i understand it can be hard to grasp).

Im sure the packs will have some awesome racing cars. Day 1 purchase as per usual. :thumbsup: Oh, and thanks Kunos for giving me free cars! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Oh really, Porsche make them add these SUV's, I did not think of that.
Yep, it is the truth on almost every IP deal for every maker. Remember the 3 GT86 with different names in Project Cars? Or the two almost identical RS Meganes?
The same happens on any GAME, not only sims If you want some from the IP owner ,you have to take some they want you to have with it.

Last edited:
I have mixed feelings about this but I bought a wheel this weekend and now I am like much more positive. My first reaction was too negative I agree.
I had a blast with the Audi S1 at the Green Hell last night and was pretty downgrading on that car before too.
So bring them on, those top heavy weight monsters. Sure the FFB will be awesome.

Have any of you guys driven any of these SUVs and have any idea what you're talking about?
I've been lucky enough to drive Ferrari 360 and a Porsche 911. My uncle here in Malaysia let me take his Porsche Cayenne Turbo for a spin and to be honest you feel like you're in a 911 turbo. Seriously. These things go like sh** off a shovel and handle amazingly well considering their size and weight.
Plus it's free so get over it...

Honestly I don't mind the influx of SUV's, the Macan Turbo is a stellar performance car and so is the Panamera and I'm sure we'll see plenty of classic racing to come. I believe they are trying balance out racing and street cars to appeal more to people on console and a wider audience in general thus, allowing them to use the income to further improve and add to the game.

If you want a racing sim without road cars and with only the best and most iconic of the classic and modern race cars, then be prepared to have 1 or 2 race cars per brand and each costing 10€.
If you want devs to only the get the most important cars per manufacturer then most likely you'll have fewer content in game and more expensive to license and sell.

Will a proper flag system, rain, and night racing be added too?

My bad, you can't sell those as DLC.

On a serious note, I am looking forward to the classics, the SUV's and Panamera not so much but because they are free it, why the heck not. It would be stupid to release a 917K or 956 for free because people would happily pay for that (and so would I).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 101 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 142 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline