Assetto Corsa Mods: The Community 'Must Have' Thread

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
10,000_AC_mods.jpg

With the 10,000 + mod uploads milestone reached here at RaceDepartment, we want to know your thoughts on your 'must have' Assetto Corsa mods...

We recently reported on the incredible milestone reached by the Assetto Corsa modding community - 10,000 uploads here at RaceDepartment, and to follow up on that impressive feat we thought it might be fun to reach out to the community and ask which mods you would recommend to a fellow sim racer.

Assetto Corsa Mods: Check out the AC Mods Download section HERE.

Often the cars and tracks get all the attention from the community - but in Assetto Corsa the variety of mods is quite incredible. Cars, tracks, skins, apps, shader mods, weather.. the list is almost endless. In fact it can sometimes be quite overwhelming for new sim racers to understand what the exceptional content is, so let's make it easier for them!

Please use the comments section below to highlight and link the RaceDepartment.com hosted mods you think are absolutely 'must have' for a current Assetto Corsa player.

Sim Racing is AWESOME!

AC Mods 1.jpg
AC Mods 3.jpg
AC Mods 2.jpg
AC Mods 4.jpg

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Thanks to you for showing some respect for the countless hours people have put in those projects. People like you helped a lot to stay motivated.
As a physics modder myself, with motivation lasting for nearly a decade now, I must say it's heresy to ignore reliable data. The only reason anyone does it, if they're trying to make a realistic car, is because they're not capable of understanding and adapting the information when there's so many defined constants.

Consider it from the view of an experienced physics modder who strives to make accurate stuff: the fact that unquestionably hacked together and inaccurate stuff gets more praise than proper effort to figure out more reliable numbers is more demotivating than any constructive criticism and free data which we are providing could ever be...

Sadly, because of the limitations of the AC setup engine, a lot of that data doesn't get to be used. I have setups from Project Cars that are based on actual homologation data, but, I can't enter them in AC because of the limitations AC put on the values. Some damper settings go up to 11000 N/m/s or more and you just can't get them that high.

Sadly, because of the limitations of the AC setup engine, a lot of that data doesn't get to be used. I have setups from Project Cars that are based on actual homologation data, but, I can't enter them in AC because of the limitations AC put on the values. Some damper settings go up to 11000 N/m/s or more and you just can't get them that high.
I wouldn't compare AC official cars to anything really. It's not a limitation of AC's setup engine: it's a limitation that the designer put in. You can use damper data as much as you want, even though some of them can't be implemented 1:1 ie: dampers which adjust deltaF not with changing F, but with changing knee position.

Also, dampers that output 11000 N/m/s at the shaft will not output that much, perhaps something like 7000n/m/s or lower, on most DWB setups. AC's setup has wheelrates, remember.

I for one would want knee to be adjustable in setup alongside F. Why it isn't is beyond me.

If you look at setups for cars in Content Manager, the road cars only have values for Alignment, Generic and Tyres. The race cars get everything else. You need the full range for all of the cars if you want accurate setups. More accurate setups means a better sim experience.

What? Almost all (older) roadcar dampers are unadjustable for reliability, you're not gonna be able to change out springs either as they're not really included with most cars and so on. If you mean electrically adjusted damping, it's not really a setup change like damper clicks as much as an entirely different car CPU profile.

Now that I 'get it'...
MSF FW-24, FW-26 early season, and FW26 late season.
VRC are great, but the MSF boys' F1 cars are mint.
Their 2013 mod bundle is worth having as well.
And the VRC Formula North America 1999. This is strictly the CART organized series v8 engine formula. Indy cars have not sounded anywhere near as cool as this era.
Tony George, in 1995 split up CART to form the cruddy IRL which used the truck sounding turbo v6 crap engines. Funny, I booed as loud as I could at this year's GP at Indy when he gave the start engine call.
https://vrc-modding-team.net/show/18
Formula%20NA%201999.jpg

Last edited:
I’m a recent convert from PS4 to PC, I really got into sim racing after watching YouTubers and Twitch streamers having tons of fun with Assetto Corsa and iRacing. I always felt limited by choice on the console, Project Cars 2 was always my go-to sim and I had great fun but I was always glancing jealously towards the PC world and the seemingly endless streams of mods.

The clincher was watching Chris Haye’s appreciation of LA Canyons on YouTube, I went out and built a PC and now I’m hooked on Assetto Corsa.

What I didn’t really appreciate though was the true depth of the modding community, I’m still amazed daily by the quality of stuff available. I’m constantly browsing and I’ve even been caught at work several times, pouring over the content found in the Race Department.

Nothing new here, but I love all the Fat-Alfie tracks, Lilski’s Riverside is breathtaking, plus the aforementioned LA Canyons is incredible. Honorable mention to Circuit Mas du Clos, bonkers stuff.
Car wise, the Lola T70 is especially fun to drive as is the TVR Griffith. But some of apps are amazing, Content Manager is fantastic, Sol is a game changer and the Set-Up Market is essential – as this is helping me to understand set-ups a lot better.

The range of liveries are great as well, these really help pad out a field. I’ve even tried to create liveries of my own, they’re not great, but I’ve really enjoyed making them!

I tip my hat to all these talented people who have enriched my experience - I’m in my mid-40’s but I’m genuinely excited to be playing video games again.

*EDIT: Just downloaded the Fonsecker sound packs, as I've seen them recommended in this thread. Never has my Ferrari 488 GT3 sounded so aggressive, so mean, so, ermm, realistic. Fantastic work!

Last edited:
I'm gonna give a big fat no to this one since Shaun Clarke uses driver feedback instead of real data for the cars. One example of this is the Seat Leon Cup has significantly more downforce than it's supposed to have.
You're badly misinformed. The aero data was corrected several revisions back. In any case, it's well known that you can't always just directly input real-world data into this engine and expect realistic behavior every time.

Hell, even F1 teams have serious correlation problems between their hyper-sophisticated supercomputer-driven CFD models and their cars' real-world performance:

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/article.smedley-what-is-correlation.3gcOwCLuQ7rxk4bNeBKf1p.html

And yet here you are casting aspersion on a mod because you have the delusional belief that all you have to do in AC is "input the data" to get an accurate car simulation. Gosh, maybe you should call up Williams and McLaren to let them know that all they need to do is switch over to Assetto Corsa to solve their correlation issues :rolleyes:

The fact that Shaun has real drivers giving him feedback is a huge plus.
All of his cars are top-notch, and the Leon is one of the most realistic front-drivers in all of AC. Having tracked an H22-swapped Civic for over 3 years, I can tell you that Leon could be used for driver training (actually, I think it is *is* currently being used for that purpose).

You're badly misinformed. The aero data was corrected several revisions back. In any case, it's well known that you can't always just directly input real-world data into this engine and expect realistic behavior every time.

Hell, even F1 teams have serious correlation problems between their hyper-sophisticated supercomputer-driven CFD models and their cars' real-world performance:

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/article.smedley-what-is-correlation.3gcOwCLuQ7rxk4bNeBKf1p.html

And yet here you are casting aspersion on a mod because you have the delusional belief that all you have to do in AC is "input the data" to get an accurate car simulation.

The fact that Shaun has real drivers giving him feedback is a huge plus.
All of his cars are top-notch, and the Leon is one of the most realistic front-drivers in all of AC. Having tracked an H22-swapped Civic for over 3 years, I can tell you that Leon could be used for driver training.
Interesting: how many cars have you developed for a simulator?

PS: Not sure what a Civic has to do with a Leon especially considering their suspension layouts are very different, so I'm not sure why you think you can gauge the Leon's accuracy by comparing it to your Civic.

Interesting: how many cars have you developed for a simulator?

PS: Not sure what a Civic has to do with a Leon especially considering their suspension layouts are very different, so I'm not sure why you think you can gauge the Leon's accuracy by comparing it to your Civic.
I have over 30 years of track experience, and the fact that you don't "get" that all front-drivers (regardless of suspension design) respond to essentially the same driving technique (which also largely applies to 4WD in case you're curious) is very telling.

I suppose you also think that, just because their suspension design is quite different, Brian Redman would have a hard time driving a 312PB instead of a 935? Any real driver will tell you that the techniques and feel of driving a car quickly don't change just because the "suspension is different". Yes, some cars have idiosyncrasies (like how my old E21 323i would exhibit bump steer due to its semi-trailing arm rear suspension), but that doesn't fundamentally change how you drive them. This is why fast drivers are fast, regardless of what car they're in. In your world, they'd have to re-learn everything every time they switched cars.

So Yes, an H22-swapped 280whp Civic with a Quaife LSD and Hoosier slicks is going to respond to the same driving techniques as a TCR. Of course, one or the other will end up being somewhat quicker, but the way you drive them is the same.

By that standard, Shaun's Leon is incredible, and I would not hesitate to recommend it to someone who is trying to learn how to drive a FWD car quickly in the real world. There is no higher praise for a simulated vehicle.

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea