Resource icon

Misc Assetto Corsa Car Tuner 1.52

Login or Register an account to download this content
Is there no way to swap a gearbox over? I have done an engine swap but the car tops out at 95 as standard, tried extending final drive, copying the supplying cars drivetrain.ini and just gear ratios and the best I hit is another 10mph and the worst was manual gears and couldn't get past 3rd!
Any advice?
Love it by the way, thank you!

Hi all. I've just install this car tuner program, but it ain't working. Does it still work at this date? I've tried to select the cars folder ( in my case AC is on a secondary SSD drive ) but it will not load/find any cars. I read that the error " The right folder was not selected!" is normal and then you will still see the cars, but not in my case, still can't see any cars. I saw some videos how to use it, but even if i repeat the same steps, it won't work in mine. They said in the videos that i don't need to put the car tuner in the main assetto corsa folder, so it's still on the downloads folder for the moment. Should i put it somewhere else? Out of ideas here.... So help will be most appreciated. Thanks in advanced.

with the top left button in CarTuner "Select AC Folder" you must select "steam\common\ac"-dir, not any further down;)

or edit "AssettoCorsaCarTuner\files\root.ini", this is content of my copy:
D:\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa

"Please stop this". Thank you very much. That worked.
If i may, i have another question... The 2 reasons i have to try to use this program are, one, just have fun changing fwd cars into rwd and maybe putting more power and see how it handles...but the 2 and main reason, was to try to change front grip in some old rally mods that i still like to drive. In a circuit it's easier to get more temperature on the tires, but in rally most of the cars suffer from excess under steering in my opinion. I really would like to get a bit more bite on the front tires, but this program seems to only change things like power, gearbox, weight , brakes, sounds, but i can't seem to spot anything related to tire grip...is there something that i'm missing? Or is there other way? Btw, of course this is only for offline rallying. Thanks in advanced.

please help!
upload_2019-5-20_18-16-54.png

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index and length must refer to a location within the string.
Parameter name: length
at System.String.Substring(Int32 startIndex, Int32 length)
at GUI.GUI.getDataForBasic()
at GUI.GUI.selectTune_SelectedIndexChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.OnSelectedIndexChanged(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.set_SelectedIndex(Int32 value)
at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.set_SelectedItem(Object value)
at GUI.GUI.findItem(ComboBox box, String name)
at GUI.GUI.createNewTune_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 4.7.3416.0 built by: NET472REL1LAST_B
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
Assetto Corsa Car Tuner
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/acer/AppData/Local/Temp/Rar$EXa0.862/Assetto%20Corsa%20Car%20Tuner/Assetto%20Corsa%20Car%20Tuner.exe
System.Windows.Forms
Win32 Version: 4.7.3324.0 built by: NET472REL1LAST_C
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
Win32 Version: 4.7.3416.0 built by: NET472REL1LAST_B
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
Win32 Version: 4.7.3056.0 built by: NET472REL1
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Configuration
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Core
Win32 Version: 4.7.3362.0 built by: NET472REL1LAST_C
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
Accessibility
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll
lib
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/acer/AppData/Local/Temp/Rar$EXa0.862/Assetto%20Corsa%20Car%20Tuner/lib.DLL

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Hi, Thanks for this great mod.:)

Have been using it to correct some problems like, incorrect gearing, incorrect number of gears, missing sound and cars that won't shift up etc when run in auto mode. The only thing I wanted to do then was to discard the original car, just leaving the car with my updates in the game. However if I delete the original car folder, then the tuned version is not available in the game, even though the tuned car's folder is still present.

Is there any way to use the tuned car only, or set the tuned car as the default so you don't have to select the tune every time? It is a pain to have to select the tuned version each time, and this also sets the colour back to default, which I then need to change as well.

Hi!

I am using this very nice W124
but I just cant mod it with car tuner. This is the first car that I cant mod with car tuner. Do you have any ideas what might be the problem.

It would be nice to make some more powerfull version of W124 than 300D.

edit: I can swap engines but car just doesnt run like it should, hardly move at all.

Last edited:
Hello. Excellent work, thank you. I am having an issue though which I wonder if you would be so kind as to help me with,if you can find a moment.

Some of the mod cars I have installed do not show up in the 'Select Car' dropdown list. They do appear in Content Manager and AC itself, by the way. I noticed that someone else reported a similar problem, but I don't think it was resolved.

Could this be due to something missing within the definitions of the missing mods? Something that your application looks for in order to include cars in the list?

Some (but not all) of the missing mods won't run in the game. That's was one reason to do engine swaps to see if they would work afterwards.

Thanking you in anticipation.

Hi, Thanks for this great mod.:)

Have been using it to correct some problems like, incorrect gearing, incorrect number of gears, missing sound and cars that won't shift up etc when run in auto mode. The only thing I wanted to do then was to discard the original car, just leaving the car with my updates in the game. However if I delete the original car folder, then the tuned version is not available in the game, even though the tuned car's folder is still present.

Is there any way to use the tuned car only, or set the tuned car as the default so you don't have to select the tune every time? It is a pain to have to select the tuned version each time, and this also sets the colour back to default, which I then need to change as well.
Cheers man.Did you find a fix for this?Also does somebody knows if I delete stock version how can I tune my version in Car tuner?It doesnt show it in car list.
I also have problems with 2 mod cars.Car tuner wont make new tune version it crashes.Thanks

Last edited:
Hi Guys! I am starting my new project and I am looking for Good script to calculate Power. What do u think about this?
https://jsfiddle.net/x4fab/rw6pug21/embedded/result/
I checked it and it generate around 10% of Power loss.
E.g. abarth 500 assetto corsa 195 hp, in script its around 175 hp. Can You test and check it ? Thanks!

The page you link to is genius, it's by xfab the brains behind Content Manager, Custom Shader Patch etc.

If by "Power loss" you mean transmission loss, then that percentage is selectable at the very bottom of the page. :thumbsup:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.