New in update:
Porsche Boxster S with Porsche GT3 RS Engine:
- Tunes no longer replace the stock car. Tunes will now be a selectable upgrade in-game.
- However this means that every time you make a new tune you will have to go to "general settings" and click "clear car preview cache" for them to appear in-game, or simply restart the game (just use "clear car preview cache" it is must faster).
- UI has been slightly updated, you no longer have to click install tune or save tune, only click apply if you have made any changes in "Basic Tuning", "Advanced Tuning" still saves automatically.
- You should now be able to create tunes of modded cars who have a data folder and not a data.acd file.
- Many have reported that in some cases Engine Swaps do not give the car more power. Try turning off traction control and report back.
Video by Kajot2111
If you make a cool video using a tune made with this tool, send it to me and I'll put it up here.
Assetto Corsa Car Tuner:
This program allows you to tune any car in the game. You can do so with either "Basic Tuning" or "Advanced Tuning". Basic Tuning let's you modify preselected data like torque, turbo's, wheel drive and more! Advanced Tuning is for the more experienced tuner, and let's you mess around with the data files. Once you have made your changes, click save tune (If you used Basic Tuning click "Apply" first), then install tune to have it available in-game.
The program saves tunes as a seperate car that is selectable as an upgrade in-game, the original car is therefore not changed!
The tunes that you make do not work online, unless the tune has been installed on that server. Each player will then have to have the same tune installed for it to work.
- Unpack CarTuner.zip
- Open program by clicking the "Assetto Corsa Car Tuner.exe".
- Click "Select Assetto Corsa Folder" and a dialog window will pop up, select your Assetto Corsa install folder, it's usually under Steam/steamapps/common/.
- Select the car you wish to tune.
- Type a name for your tune in the textbox under "New Tune Name:" and click "Create New Tune". The program will automatically select the tune you just made.
- You can now modify the car using either "Basic Tuning" or "Advanced Tuning". When using "Basic Tuning" remember to click "Apply". "Advanced Tuning" let's you access the data files, any edits to these will auto save.
- Once you have made your edits simply boot up the game, and when you select the car you tuned, it should let you select upgrades, like so:
- You can do these changes while having the "Assetto Corsa Launcher" open. However, you will have to go to "general settings" and click "Clear car preview cache" for new tunes to appear. Tunes that already appear as selectable, can be modified, and the new changes should load next time you start a race.
- If you have any bugs, report them here
My program is essentially just an advanced text editor that manages files, and can make quick changes using basic tuning. To unpack the files it uses the program called QuickBMS. For ease of install the quickbms.exe file is included in the zip folder. QuickBMS however is capable of much more, check it out here:
If you have any questions or suggestions feel free to write them in a comment on this post.
Assetto Corsa Car Tuner 1.52
Tune and modify original and modded cars, including engine swaps, torque, turbo's and more!
Amazing mod, just a quick question. Can i just copy my modded car file and send to others so they can try out my car? Does it work ok like that? sorry im new to modding.
check out my video i made with a 4 rotor 22b subaru.
well, first of all : thanks for this. ... .... but ... I found some things "strange", and very boring in fact.
I used the "basic tunning" to move up the F312 engine (to reach the "real F3 car" who have 240cv instead of the 210cv we have in the mod..). So I only grow the engine by adding 15% in the power line, nothing else.
back in the game I found that a lot of things changed on the car, and not only the engine...Ok, the engine is more powerfull (nice), but everything had growned, not enly the power..I mean, aéro is way more important now, braking too, etc...now the car go "full throttle" in some corners where it was impossible with the 210cv engine...I now brakes 30m latter than before etc...
That's boring... so I give a look on the data.acd, and saw nothing is changed BUT a new "x.tuned" file had appearing... ok, I suppose that this file is your way to improve the car, but I don't know how to open it....
So my question is simple : "is there a way to improve ONLY the engine ?" (I mean, without modifying the "power.lut", I must admit that i'm not confident with hexadecimal ....)
Amazing little app; had tons of fun with swapped engines (Old 911 RSR with GT3 RS engine is a monster BTW)
But I still have some problems; I've edited both gear ratios and gears, all of this individually... in the end my car won't drive past 300 km/h for some reason.
Anyone have a solution or perhaps I've missed something?
Great app. But I have one problem with it. Me and my friend tweaked one car and we wanted to race them online. He sended me the new, tweaked car nad started the server. But both of us we got an error with "no avalaible slots" so we couldn't connect. Which is somehow wierd. As was written in the overview, it can be run online if all players have the same car installed on therir PC, which we both have. Like there is some block that the modded car cannot be used online whatsoever. Any way how to fix it? Thanks very much
Hi @briklebritt to add a turbo on an engine is more complicated than it seems. It is nessesary to copy the line of code of a car with a turbo. You will find this line of code on the advanced tab it seems to me that it finds on (car.ini) I'm not on the software currently so difficult to guide you. ;-)
I am French So i hope that the translation will be of good quality.
holy cow!!! now I had so much fun just to swap some engines
abarth 595ss with audi a1s1 engine? ... check
RWD nissan gtr (r35) ... check
better Gearbox for bmw E92 drift ... check
praga with maserati gt4 engine ... check
Toyota GT86 with a rotor engine ... check
you sir are a life changer
here are some examples: https://youtu.be/i-8JaWGBU60
First of all, this thing is a life saver. Had great times playing around with the program and the engine swaps.
The only thing I would suggest is that the power graphs in the UI should also be updated on an engine swap, it's just a few lines in ui_car.json (if this is actually a thing already, it does not work for me).