Resource icon

Misc Assetto Corsa Car Tuner 1.52

Login or Register an account to download this content
did you not download the same archive as me?
1624402126185.png

Creating a new tune causes a crash. Note: The Hybrid-X shows the issue consistently, but many other popular third party cars and a number of Kunos supplied vehicles have the same problem. The RSS Hybrid-X is popular and consistently shows the issue - hence it is a good place to look for the bug.

1: Select a car from RSS (Hybrid-X in this case)
2: Type in new name (with or without spaces makes no difference) - see below.
1625566539874.png

3: Click Create New Tune - The following error appears. (NOTE: The value in New Tune Name vanishes - could this be related?)
1625566665223.png

4: Click "Continue"
5: Note: New tune is listed in the Select Tune combo-box.
6: Click on Select Tune combo-box and select the new tune which has just been created (or any other tune) Crash appears as follows:
1625566817257.png

7: Click Continue on dialog.
8: Click on "Engine Swap" combo box and select another vehicle
9: Click "Apply" - Crash appears as follows.
1625567000777.png

My 2p worth: I suspect this is something to do either:
a: protecting the RSS models from being ripped off. It likely exploits behaviour in the AC engine (or reading the model files) which causes no issues in AC but does for third-party apps which do not have access to the full range of options.
b: An issue with the reading of files across multiple generation of AC model and physics file layouts.

I just tried it and it works absolutely flawless. Thanks to the author for the awesome work! :cool:
Engine swapping was never easier, S85 V10 bolted right into my E30 ;)

Creating a new tune causes a crash. Note: The Hybrid-X shows the issue consistently, but many other popular third party cars and a number of Kunos supplied vehicles have the same problem. The RSS Hybrid-X is popular and consistently shows the issue - hence it is a good place to look for the bug.

1: Select a car from RSS (Hybrid-X in this case)
2: Type in new name (with or without spaces makes no difference) - see below.
View attachment 486266
3: Click Create New Tune - The following error appears. (NOTE: The value in New Tune Name vanishes - could this be related?)
View attachment 486267
4: Click "Continue"
5: Note: New tune is listed in the Select Tune combo-box.
6: Click on Select Tune combo-box and select the new tune which has just been created (or any other tune) Crash appears as follows:
View attachment 486268
7: Click Continue on dialog.
8: Click on "Engine Swap" combo box and select another vehicle
9: Click "Apply" - Crash appears as follows.
View attachment 486269

My 2p worth: I suspect this is something to do either:
a: protecting the RSS models from being ripped off. It likely exploits behaviour in the AC engine (or reading the model files) which causes no issues in AC but does for third-party apps which do not have access to the full range of options.
b: An issue with the reading of files across multiple generation of AC model and physics file layouts.
I get exactly the same behaviour every time with every car. Clicking Continue allows you to carry on without any problems. And I have done engine swaps successfully on the RSS cars.

I'm having a weird problem related to multiplayer. I tried creating a tune for the Porsche 919 2016 and only changed the ERS limit to be the same as with the 918 Spyder to get unlimited ERS. Then I shared the tune with a friend of mine and put it to the server. Both of us got an error saying Cannot join the server: no available slots when trying to join with the tuned car. Regular ones worked fine, and the tuned ones work in singleplayer.
Hey, did you figure out the issue to this?? Im trying to share a tune with a friend so we can play online together and im constantly getting this issue. I cant find a solution anywhere.

If you cant use this button:
1647114629682.png

...then edit "AssettoCorsaCarTuner\files\root.ini":
1647114242019.png

and put your steam-AC folder in like this:
D:\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa

@nemisnemo Any error related to CustomShadersPatch encryption CAN NOT be solved.
Thats not the simple encryption Kunos has on their cars, but a real one.

Last edited:
so I'm having some issues here. I'm attempting to add a rev limiter to the Lola T280, (part of the racing is life pack by Brazza) as all the AI cars blow their motors on the starting line. That being said, none of the changes I'm making in the tuner seem to have any effect.
-I set the Rev Limit to 8000, still revs to 10,000 rpm and explodes,
-I told the AI to change up at 8500 instead of 9600 rpm, didn't work.
-I tried to limit throttle inputs so you couldn't hit full throttle. didn't work either.

some help would be appreciated

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 92 91.1%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 11 10.9%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 28 27.7%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 33 32.7%