AMS Modding - Tracks (Work in progress)

Cams are not hard to do, even I can do it...and I'm an idiot!! use the cam ai edit for rfactor, import the aiw file of the track and find the cam waypoints and edit away. Very straight forward.

Dont be put off doing them though, its just trial and error and once you get the hang of it its easy. I've redone loads of tracks because the standard of camera work wasnt high enough or not enough like TV.

Just make sure you have the origin of where the sound is recieved at the same point of the camera base, that was the first problem i encountered, but once you have the camera base and sound base in the same position all is good, its just using X,Y,Z coordinates mate. Dead simple!!

Give it a go, dont be put off!! Good luck and have fun :)

Dont be put off doing them though, its just trial and error and once you get the hang of it its easy. I've redone loads of tracks because the standard of camera work wasnt high enough or not enough like TV.

Just make sure you have the origin of where the sound is recieved at the same point of the camera base, that was the first problem i encountered, but once you have the camera base and sound base in the same position all is good, its just using X,Y,Z coordinates mate. Dead simple!!

Give it a go, dont be put off!! Good luck and have fun :)

That was the reason i was keen to give it a go. The current cams in some tracks are woeful.

Will do some Google work and see if i can work it all out.

Thanks.

All tracks have cams. So it is not difficult to do them. But Luigi's cam are the best I know. He has a special touch that changes all the replays. Quality cams require good skills

And norbs most definitely have those skills. He has made loads of excellent cam sets for AC. I don't believe it's a black magic in AMS either.

That was the reason i was keen to give it a go.

If I may, CAMs are quite difficult to get them working and looking right. The big problem is getting the cameras to nicely switch from one to the next... getting the switch between camera groups to transition smoothly.

Its tough to get good results.

That said, give it a go. You could be a master CAMs builder in the making.

:cool:

Don't mean to rock the boat here guys but you're talking about activation points of when one camera switches to another? Again its xyz points. It's really not hard, you're making a mountain out of a molehill.

And norbs most definitely have those skills. He has made loads of excellent cam sets for AC. I don't believe it's a black magic in AMS either.

From the quick look I had yesterday, it will take a lot more time in AMS. No pretty editor that i can see. The program I was using will take some time to get my head around if I do pursue it.

But thanks for the kind words.

fzm8YBg.png

I have the RF2 Virtua_LM Nazareth ported to AMS. This is as far as I can take it. I don't feel it's worthy of releasing without more updating. Sharing in the event that anyone would like to help finish it, give feedback, or use it as-is. :)
https://mega.nz/#!AJ1nkDyT!q_nIQvElFXCFy7pbZVRyUlzTVTmrP2EpWwL_Rv2P2es
Admins- I have permission to release this from ethone & Virtua_LM if I chose to do so.

The Nazareth version from jpalesi (pictured above) is probably the best I have seen but it has crashed to desktop twice on me so I am not sure what is wrong with it.
https://mega.nz/#!YF1kjTaR!PXPIZBtM6PTulcbtWlBJot7puLqrbQ9IgYk_lgyLR2c
Admins- I have full permission to release this from jpalesi as well.

Last edited:

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.4%
  • More leagues

Votes: 41 19.4%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.4%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.4%
  • Forum trophies