AMS Modding - Tracks (Work in progress)

Sans_titre-3.20161015192048.jpg
If I was that Marshall I would be watching you burning rubber rather than staring into oblivion!!!! :)

Yeah I posted on his video how I added the AMS skies to the same version of Donington. It's an SRW track so they are beautiful anyway. Moreover, with SRW now officially closed and offline I am not sure how the rules would work to bring their work to AMS and share them. I have them all in AMS already but sharing is the issue, at least here anyway. :):)

I wached the video and couldn't find the "how to add AMS skies" post... :unsure:

Dann, can you please do a tutorial? ;)

Ohh yeah sorry, I meant that I added a Donington with AMS skies not that I posted a "how to" video. It's pretty much what Patrick has taught us via his released tracks. Here is what I do:

1) Update the following values in the gdb:

SkyBlendSunAngles=(-15.0,0.0,15.0,30.0)

ShadowMinSunAngle=5.0

Latitude = This value stays the same as the original
NorthDirection = This values stays the same as the original
RaceDate = This values stays the same as the original

SunriseAmbientRGB = (138,145,181)
SunriseDirectionalRGB = (205,179,120)
SunriseFogRGB = (98,85,85)
SunriseFogin = (0)
SunriseFogout = (1000)
//SunriseFogDensity = (-1.000000)

DayAmbientRGB = (130,130,140)
DayDirectionalRGB = (255,250,240)
DayFogRGB = (123,134,153)
DayFogin = (500)
DayFogout = (2250)
//DayFogDensity = (-1.000000)

SunsetAmbientRGB = (150,152,168)
SunsetDirectionalRGB = (220,165,100)
//SunsetDirectionalRGB = (231,186,131)
SunsetFogRGB = (62,69,85)
SunsetFogin = (0)
SunsetFogout = (1000)
NightAmbientRGB = (12,16,20)
NightDirectionalRGB = (10,10,12)
NightFogRGB = (0,0,0)
NightFogin = (0)
NightFogout = (1500)
//NightFogDensity = (-1.000000)

2) Update these values in the scn:

SearchPath=ReizaCommon
//-------------------------------------------------------
MASRandomFile=CloudsRandomA
MASFile=CloudsDefault.MAS
MASFile=SkyEuro.MAS

View=mainview
{
Clear=False
Color=(0,0,0)
Size=(1.00, 1.00) Center=(0.5, 0.5)
FOV=(40.75, 50.50)
ClipPlanes=(0.50,1000000.00)
View=rearview
{
Clear=False
Color=(0, 0, 0)
Size=(512.00, 64.00) Center=(256.00, 32.00)
FOV=(50.5, 40.5)
ClipPlanes=(0.50, 600.00)
}
}

GroupMethod=Dynamic

MaxShadowRange=(650.00)
AmbientColor=(125,125,130)

FogMode=LINEAR FogIn=(0.00) FogOut=(1500.00) FogDensity=(0.01) FogColor=(123,134,153)

Light=FDirect01
{
Type=Directional Dir=(0.338743,-0.883505,-0.323532) Color=(255, 255,255) Intensity=(0.80)
}

Instance=skyboxi
{
Moveable=True Render=False
MeshFile=skyboxi.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=False
Instance=Sky
{
Moveable=True
MeshFile=SRPL_sky3_dome1.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=False ShadowReceiver=False
MeshFile=SRPL_sky3_sun1.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=False ShadowReceiver=False
}
}
Instance=skyboxj
{
Planes=(4)
MeshFile=skyboxi.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=False
}

3) Add these files to the track folder:
Mod-Edit:
Posting links and/or hyperlinked text to downloads that are not hosted at www.racedepartment.com/downloads but rather an external third party website will be removed, unless the user has been specifically authorised by RaceDepartment to do so.

Notes:
1) Sometimes the sky doesn't look quite right so I do this:
Latitude = This sometimes needs to be flipped to a negative value or remove the decimals. When changed, these values may then not be "technically" correct but they produce a nice blue sky.
NorthDirection = I have had the most luck making this value 0 when sky issues occur.
2) Be sure to delete any other "skyboxi" instances in your scn after you add the one above. Sometimes they are not at the top of the file so you need to search, find, and delete so you dont have 2 instances in your scn file. That can create a headache.
3) "MASFile=SkyEuro.MAS" - This can also be "SkyNorth.MAS" or "SkySouth.MAS" depending on the geographic location of your track.
4) Intensity=(0.80) - The Intensity value is optional and can be used if your track is overall too bright. I believe the actual issue of brightness is shaders but I am not familiar with how that piece of the puzzle works so this is a bit of a quick-fix.

I hope this helps someone out there. I am no expert, I just love the game. ;);)

Last edited by a moderator:
The best is to use a same country track than the SRW one to match best.
This is what I did for all the SRW tracks, all the US tracks use Patrick settings for Road Atlanta, portland, Laguna seca or Road America.
For VLM Fuji, I used autopolis
the only concern is about Europe, specially Zandvoort, but i used Spa one.
All the rest are done like this way too.

For me it's a fast annd good way, and you are sure that your new skies and lighting are correct.

Hey guys!

Not sure if I'm in the right place, but I thought this was the most appropriate thread to clear my doubts.

I was wondering if it would be possible to convert a track from Assetto Corsa to Automobilista; I know that most of AC's track mods are conversion from rFactor, but many times they are enhanced and more accurate, so it would be better to have that version in the game.
I'm asking this as I need some more obscure tracks present here in Italy to train on, but AC's physics are so infuriating when you're pushing at the limit, and getting pissed off at not feeling the car sliding won't be of any help for my training.

Thanks in advance!

Hey guys!

Not sure if I'm in the right place, but I thought this was the most appropriate thread to clear my doubts.

I was wondering if it would be possible to convert a track from Assetto Corsa to Automobilista; I know that most of AC's track mods are conversion from rFactor, but many times they are enhanced and more accurate, so it would be better to have that version in the game.
I'm asking this as I need some more obscure tracks present here in Italy to train on, but AC's physics are so infuriating when you're pushing at the limit, and getting pissed off at not feeling the car sliding won't be of any help for my training.

Thanks in advance!

It is possible, it would require alot of time to convert one track and put it to AMS standards, let alone 3/4, unless you can get multiple people working in conversions at one time, it won't be a quick job.

It is possible, it would require alot of time to convert one track and put it to AMS standards, let alone 3/4, unless you can get multiple people working in conversions at one time, it won't be a quick job.

Ah I see, that's a shame. Doing a conversion from rFactor on the other hand wouldn't be too difficult right? Of course without making any changes to the quality of the track(textures, details ecc.)

By "put it to AMS standards" what do you mean exactly? Like, standards of quality or standards needed to work?

Thank you! :D

Thanks by me too to Patrick and his team for their past and future tracks.
I'm guessing which will be the next........Istanbul ? Phillip Island ? Carolina ?
Can you give us a screenshot ?

Luca.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back