AMS Modding - Tracks (Work in progress)

@Gringo or anyone else
Is there any info you can share on editing the track corridors? So many times I port tracks from RF1 or SCE and they have ridiculous track limitations. If only we could disable the anti-cut on the servers, my issue with this in league would be solved.

Is there any info you can share on editing the track corridors?

What we need is a tool (and willing programmer) to edit cut track.

To make an AIW that works correctly you need to use an ISI AIW editor. The fast line for example can not be edited manually because "other" data is changed that affects how the AI react.

The cut track parameter is one variable that could be adjusted manually, and a simple "Cut Track" editor could do it.

Code:
wp_width=(6.375,6.200,11.375,10.769) // road left, road right, far left, far right
wp_dwidth=(25.568,10.769,0.000,0.000) // collision left, collision right, cut left, cut right

Basically you start with the "road left" and "road right" distances, then cut track points are determined by adding the length in "cut left" and "cut right". For the example above the cut track points are the same as the road left/right points.

You could try to simply search and replace ",0.000,0.000)" with ",9.999,9.999)". This idea might effectively disable the cut track as long as the corridors were generated correctly and the cut track for all the waypoints is ,0.000,0.000.

Last edited:
What we need is a tool (and willing programmer) to edit cut track.

To make an AIW that works correctly you need to use an ISI AIW editor. The fast line for example can not be edited manually because "other" data is changed that affects how the AI react.

The cut track parameter is one variable that could be adjusted manually, and a simple "Cut Track" editor could do it.

Code:
wp_width=(6.375,6.200,11.375,10.769) // road left, road right, far left, far right
wp_dwidth=(25.568,10.769,0.000,0.000) // collision left, collision right, cut left, cut right

Basically you start with the "road left" and "road right" distances, then cut track points are determined by adding the length in "cut left" and "cut right". For the example above the cut track points are the same as the road left/right points.

You could try to simply search and replace ",0.000,0.000)" with ",9.999,9.999)". This idea might effectively disable the cut track as long as the corridors were generated correctly and the cut track for all the waypoints is ,0.000,0.000.
That search and replace worked mate. Brilliant! haha :):):)

Yay, "brits pack extended" ...
I hate one particular corner at snetterton..looking at you Murrays... Time to learn it

Last edited:
I refuse to believe a person lives on this planet that thinks Murrays is an easy corner. If you don't know the corner names, Murrays is the last corner on the track, a tight right angle turn at the end of a long fast sweeper. If you played Project Cars you probably know it as "that f**king corner" as I heard several times in multiplayer races.

if u guys plan any other british tracks, i'd suggest this version of knockhill

best version for rF that i know of.

ps: snetterton, knockhill and donington in addition to brit pack and silverstone and we almost have covered GB

@CCKaren I believe it is left turner but yep it is that son of a #&*$ before pit straight... ;)
But better than before when it was called Russel Bend.... Short tight right followed with left turn harpine leading to pit straight

It is a left hander yeah, but it's a right angle (90 degree) turn that feels a hell of a lot sharper than it actually is because of the angle you have to come at it and how little space you have on the exit.

Lets try to add another track to this brit pack ;)

Sans_titre-1.2016929132726.jpg

Sans_titre-2.2016929131947.jpg

Guys, are you ok if I release some tracks without good cams and do an update after?

I realise this is an old post, but am curious about cams.

I have done quite a few for AC (Bridgehampton, RIR, VIR, Barbagallo, Thruxton plus more) are they difficult to do in AMS?

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 248 15.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 166 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 165 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 122 7.4%
  • < 5 years