• Goodbye Dan Gurney, and thanks for the memories...
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Follow RaceDepartment also on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and / or YouTube.

Featured Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio Assetto Corsa Sneak Preview

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa' started by Paul Jeffrey, Nov 30, 2017.

1. Shaun Clarke

Shaun Clarke
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,845
    Of course it does. Not sure if you know but I do mods for AC and are on here, Seat Leon Eurocup, Ginetta, BTCC Cavalier, but these are not official content, obviously.

So where I see a gap, I fill that gap with the best of my ability, this is not my job, it's my hobby, like @Patrik Marek and his Nissan Primera and @Andrea Lojelo and the F3 Dallera to name a few but why cannot AC look at the same things, why road cars.

Like I said, just my opinion

• Like Like x 3
  2. After_Midnight

After_Midnight

Ratings:
    +338
    For my part: Yes :thumbsup: (online racer)

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Michael Hornbuckle

Michael Hornbuckle

Ratings:
    +2,521
    LOL at not being able to race a digital car unless the digital driver model has a cage to protect him.
    -------------
    None of the cars in this pack do much to excite me at all, just not really my thing, but can't wait for Laguna Seca.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Love Love x 1
  4. Emery

Emery

Ratings:
    +394
    Sounds silly, but no more silly than people sitting in full race seats with wings and high side bolsters as if the cornering force is too much while sitting at their computers. After all, we all have our standards of simulation, LOL.

5. Emery

Emery

Ratings:
    +394
    So back to the "final DLC" comment... is this just a rumour or is there an official link to back it up?

6. Shaun Clarke

Shaun Clarke
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,845
    No link as of yet, but with AC and Kunos, rumours do turn in to reality, so official news will appear at some point. This was a special interview with RD afaik

7. Gergo Panker

Gergo Panker
    pankykapus Premium

Ratings:
    +443
    With all due respect, how exactly are you able to experience cars like the Lambo Sesto Elemento or the Huayra BC? Both go for seven-figures when I last checked, and I'm not sure if your local Hertz has them in their fleet just yet. :)

• Beer Beer x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Shaun Clarke

Shaun Clarke
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,845
    With all due respect Gergo....I am not talking about my local Hire company ;)

I was just stating, that, thanks to AC and what I have done over the last year, I have been involved with and connected with people that are graced to have this kind of money, and cars.

For example, a friend has just "gave back" his Ferrari California because he was bored, and has ordered the new Audi R8 Spyder, which is on a waiting list and will have a pink booster seat for his daughter when he drives her to school :thumbsup:

Last edited: Dec 1, 2017
  9. Radu Oros

Radu Oros

Ratings:
    +402
    Taking a look at the selection of cars in the game, seems a fair share between race cars and road cars. They can't do all the cars we'd like, either from racing or road category. So they select the ones they like (they are fans of real cars and racing games just like us, sometimes we forget) and at the same time cars they think the players/customers will like, want, will use.

To go with past actions, they do bonus packs with road cars and sometimes race cars that used to be mods. This time they're including the best xmas present ever, laserscanned Laguna Seca.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  10. chargingcar

chargingcar
    Premium

Ratings:
    +5,558
    I cant also I see Spa in my sleep the hopes of this new track is the only thing keeping me sane :D:D

• Haha Haha x 1
  11. melanieuk

melanieuk

Ratings:
    +143
    That is ALL ISI motor engine powered titles for you, watch the truth hurt with all the down vote, ooooh my heart bleeds.

12. gianlucaP

gianlucaP

Ratings:
    +55
    Fact is a race car is different from a road car under pretty much every aspect, depending on the series in which is racing. It's not just the cage, it's the stiffness, the sound, the power, the weight, the slick tires, the racing wheel, the racing seats, the stickers in the cockpit, the livery,
    The main difference is the sound: the car is stripped down to metal, no sound insulation, lot of vibrations and squeaks, vibration from the plastic windows, a different exhaust system. This aspect alone for me it's crucial.

• Beer Beer x 2
  13. paracletus

paracletus

Ratings:
    +145
    Seemed a bit quiet on the western front by AC standards, well earned break I assume.

Anyway -- great new & car, terrible thread.
    Good guys to add that for free.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. aphidgod

aphidgod
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,349
    I think this about covers it. :thumbsup:

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Love Love x 1
  15. Shaun Clarke

Shaun Clarke
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,845
    Fantastic news, fantastic thread, its just one persons comments seemed to have killed it (i.e mine) but they was just personal to me, there was no need to start a war about it :(

16. wombat999

wombat999
    Premium

Ratings:
    +151
    :thumbsup:
    I have a great deal of respect for people such as yourself who strive to produce interesting and eclectic subjects for those of us who enjoy them.
    While many that appear on 'outside' sources are a bit ordinary (I'm being 'tactful') they often fill the void that Olde Phartes like myself love, one example being the late 60s F3 Tecno and Matra pairing.
    I understand the Supercar and Hypercar fans, but frankly I prefer Classics and even high end road cars, as I own and drive one elderly high performance GT and one very high performance LM Replica that is run at any Track Day I can get to.
    Kunos do have a lot of strange official content IMHO, but there's always the odd Diamond in the pack.
    As I've already mentioned, a Quadrifglio is on top of my wife's shopping list as she is due for a new daily driver (Sophie is a Surgeon and can buy what she likes!) and I'm looking forward to being allowed to drive it in 1:1 scale.
    :D:D:D

• Beer Beer x 2
  17. natedogg1867

natedogg1867
    Premium

Ratings:
    +288
    Perhaps you could have foreseen how a sarcastic comment could alter the flow of the thread.

Since literally every single AC news thread goes the exact same direction... and frankly people are sick of it.

Carry on though. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. DriftKing

DriftKing

Ratings:
    +2
    i wasn't poking directly at you(i have seen other comments on older threads). But now as I've seen you have stated your opinion in a further explained way. I also gave you a like on your further explained comment. If you felt offended, then i am truly sorry, you just seemed like you came here, only to complain.

• Like Like x 1
  19. k_badam

k_badam
    Yer Nan

Ratings:
    +105
    AC has way more racecars, they also have road cars... And compared to AC, rF2 and AMS have small player bases

20. bmanic

bmanic

Ratings:
    +184
    This looks like an excellent update! Really looking forward to the Giulia as it's a car I absolutely adore. It drives fantastic in real life (and is stupidly quirky.. lol those doors). This will be awesome!