Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio Assetto Corsa Sneak Preview

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa Alfa Giulia Quadrifoglio.jpg

Marco Massarutto has revealed a first in game picture of the stunning Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio coming to Assetto Corsa very soon...

The Quadrifoglio was originally scheduled to form part of a new DLC offering from Kunos Simulazioni alongside several new cars and the legendary Laguna Seca racetrack over in America. However for reasons best known only to Kunos the pack received one or two unexpected delays, and as such the Italian developers have taken the awesome decision to throw out this new content for free! Yup you heard it right... FREE!

Set to feature the Giulia, Laguna Seca, the Alfa Romeo 33 Stradale, Lamborghini Sesto Elemento, Lamborghini Huracan Performante, Maserati Quattroporte and Pagani Huayra BC, the 'Bonus Pack' DLC will be made available in short order, however no official release date has yet been confirmed.

Missed the first announcement? No worries, check out our initial feature article HERE.

Want to learn more about what goes on behind the scenes at Kunos Simulazioni and what is in store for this upcoming free update? Well we asked the man with the plan in Germany recently, find out what he had to say below:

Assetto Corsa is available for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and Windows PC right now.

Check out the Assetto Corsa Sub Forum here at RaceDepartment for the latest news and discussions regarding the sim. We host quality League and Club Racing events, have a selection of fantastic mods to download and some of the best community conversation. Join in the discussion today.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

Looking forward to the upcoming new Assetto Corsa content? Like the look of the Alfa? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Kunos releases free content. "Oh no! Free stuff, oh since its not a race car, im gonna complain about it!" These types of people irritate me. Why are such a whiny little baby? You are really childish. They could've charged money for it, but you get it for free. I just don't understand how you could be mad about free content, yes they didn't make another race car (aren't there enough already? all the dlc's mostly contained race cars, and there are dozens of mods...) but you got free stuff. Whatever argument you manage to come up with, is invalid. Sorry to shut you down.

They could've charged money for it, but you get it for free.

If they charged money for content I'm not interested in, I wouldn't be purchasing that content, now would I? ;)

Since I have a monthly data cap, I'd prefer to be able to pick & choose what Steam sends my way. And in that sense, Kunos is charging me for it. Raceroom & AMS do the same thing (force you to download content you're not interested), but at least they're race cars rather than street cars...

BTY, you're welcome to express your opinions just as I am, but please leave out the personal insults (whiney baby crap, childish) unless you enjoy displaying your lack of maturity.

Last edited:
"This planet has – or rather had – a problem, which was this: most
of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time.
Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these
were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces
of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn’t the small
green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

"And so the problem remained; lots of the people were mean, and
most of them were miserable, even the ones with digital watches."

Whether you wear a watch (I do not) or not, try not to be mean.

More road cars, in "Your Racing Simulation", great :(
I see a lot of people have disagreed to my comment, and hay, I am cool with that, as it was just "my personal" opinion.

This is my reason behind it. I will never ever get that "racing" experience, simulated maybe, but it's still "racing". Now if I want, I can pop to a garage, take a car for a test drive or attend a track day, pay £10 and get a ride in a really nice, powerful, worth ,000's of £££ road going car.

Personally there is "Racing Simulation" and "Driving Simulation". this is just how I see it that's all.

So to summarise, very cheaply or free, I can access these road cars.....I will never get this chance in a fully prepped race car.

Again, just my opinion

Shaun

If they charged money for content I'm not interested in, I wouldn't be purchasing that content, now would I? ;)

Since I have a monthly cap, I'd prefer to be able to pick & choose what Steam sends my way. And in that sense, Kunos is charging me for it. Raceroom & AMS do the same thing (force you to download content you're not interested), but at least they're race cars rather than street cars...

BTY, you're welcome to express your opinions just as I am, but please leave out the personal insults (whiney baby crap, childish) unless you enjoy displaying your lack of maturity.
But you'd still complain about a paid dlc only containing road cars. So we wouldn't be safe from complaints/whining either way.

Can't appreciate a gift given with the best intentions and in this case, work as well.

How well are the sims only selling race cars doing? Either over priced or with a small player base.

Kunos releases free content. "Oh no! Free stuff, oh since its not a race car, im gonna complain about it!" These types of people irritate me. Why are such a whiny little baby? You are really childish. They could've charged money for it, but you get it for free. I just don't understand how you could be mad about free content, yes they didn't make another race car (aren't there enough already? all the dlc's mostly contained race cars, and there are dozens of mods...) but you got free stuff. Whatever argument you manage to come up with, is invalid. Sorry to shut you down.

Where did I complain, I only expressed an opinion?

I didn't rant, and I didn't throw my toys out of my pram, I just stated "my personal opinion"

I won't come up with an argument, as you state, it will be invalid, but how can you invalidate an non-valid argument that was never started in the first place

Personally there is "Racing Simulation" and "Driving Simulation". this is just how I see it that's all.
I consider Assetto Corsa to be a Driving Simulator more than a racing simulator. Of course, you can race dozens and dozens of different full blown race vehicles in AC, but from what I understand AC lacks a lot of sim racing elements. The other "racing sims" tend to have these elements, from what I've been told. Things like push button engine start, rolling start races, stalling, a more robust damage system (visually and mechanically), mandated pit stops, mandated tire change, driver swapping, etc... I don't mind living without those elements in AC because I've never played another sim for more than a couple of hours that has those features and the ones that did have those features, I didn't experience. I was only lapping to get a feel for driving in each sim.

When it comes to pure driving feel... Assetto Corsa is slugging it out with the best of 'em. Racing features have some work that needs to be done, I'm told.

Where did I complain, I only expressed an opinion?

I didn't rant, and I didn't throw my toys out of my pram, I just stated "my personal opinion"

I won't come up with an argument, as you state, it will be invalid, but how can you invalidate an non-valid argument that was never started in the first place
Hear hear nobody should have been able to sense the sarcastic tone in your original "great" because we shouldn't have been reading other people's posts to come up with arguments.

But you'd still complain about a paid dlc only containing road cars. So we wouldn't be safe from complaints/whining either way.

Can't appreciate a gift given with the best intentions and in this case, work as well.

Nice going, putting words in my mouth, LOL! If Kunos released paid DLC containing only road cars, I wouldn't complain because I wouldn't be interested.

The history that those on the side of "street car gifts are okay" fail to see is how few "gift race cars" have been released, which is a sad state for a program proclaiming to be "Your Racing Simulator" when in fact it appears to be half "Your Fantasy Street Car Driving Game" just in the base content. Exactly 1 race car has been gifted to us, while the rest have been street cars including 3 SUVs!

With this sort of history, do you really wonder why we say, "oh no, another street car":

v1.13 MX-5 NA
v1.12 Audi Quattro S1 E2 (yay, a rally car! ... even though AC only has tarmac circuits <ahem>)
v1.11 Porsche Macan Turbo
v1.10 Porsche Cayenne Turbo S
v1.9 Porsche Panamera Turbo S
v1.8 Audi S1
v1.7 Maserati Levante S
v1.6 no bonus car
v1.5 Abarth 595 essess, Corvette C7 Stingray, Ford Mustang GT 2015
v1.4 no bonus car
v1.35 Audi R8 V10

Hear hear nobody should have been able to sense the sarcastic tone in your original "great" because we shouldn't have been reading other people's posts to come up with arguments.
it wasn't sarcastic at all, it was just a "oh great" you know as you do day to day....

There is a queue for petrol.......Great
Stuck in Traffic......Great

examples like that, and the fact you could "hear" a sarcastic tone in a forum post, wow, amazing powers you have there...(that's sarcasm btw)

Shaun

Last edited:
For me it's nice. Last DLC or not ; no problem for me. Sauber C9, Mazda 787, Porsche pack and Ferrari cars... all is good. I need nothing else. New content is just bonus for me !!!

it wasn't sarcastic at all, it was just a "oh great" you know as you do day to day....

There is a queue for petrol.......Great
Stuck in Traffic......Great

examples like that, and the fact you could "hear" a sarcastic tone in a forum post, wow, amazing powers you have there...(that's sarcasm btw)

Shaun
So you are a Great guy then :)
Bye.

Nice going, putting words in my mouth, LOL! If Kunos released paid DLC containing only road cars, I wouldn't complain because I wouldn't be interested.
As if people don't share their opinion about the content of paid dlcs, whether they like the content or not and whether they're going to buy it or not. So we see the same praising/complaining with paid dlcs and bonus packs. Is enough for there to be one road car among several race cars in a paid dlc that people will complain about it.

Don't you remember the Ferrari dlc? Racedepartment made a thread teasing the ferrari 250 gto. We saw complaints about why is Kunos making road cars in the dlc. -.-' When the majority of that dlc were race cars. And as if the 250 gto is just a road car... -.-'

just because something is free it doesn't mean people can't voice their oppinon about it

there is a lot of free stuff that I personally don't like. Sure I will not hate company for it, but I would definitely much rather see them working on stuff I like , even if I have to pay for it

it's a similar things with mods (free mods) , just becuase it's free it doesnt' mean you can say " oh this is not good one, you should improve x,y...)

people are just getting too touchy about negative feedback :(

just because something is free it doesn't mean people can't voice their oppinon about it

there is a lot of free stuff that I personally don't like. Sure I will not hate company for it, but I would definitely much rather see them working on stuff I like , even if I have to pay for it

it's a similar things with mods (free mods) , just becuase it's free it doesnt' mean you can say " oh this is not good one, you should improve x,y...)

people are just getting too touchy about negative feedback :(
I wish there was a emoji for fist pump or something more than agree, you hit the nail on the head @Patrik Marek, and thank you for you post.....

Personal Opinion are, personal, it doesn't mean people are moaning, it's just they disagree and not being allowed to express this here, has become a common problem now, which is such a shame, for such a large and diverse and usually a very well respective, receptive, and informative feedback community.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back