(ACTI) Assetto Corsa Telemetry Interface

Apps (ACTI) Assetto Corsa Telemetry Interface 1.1.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
Is there an easy way of installing v1.1.2 over v1.1.1 without loosing all my custom setups?

Can I just replace the acti.exe file and the new data channels will be read and saved ?

I don’t mind to create the new worksheets myself as I have put a lot of work into a custom Motec project already which I rather not change.
Yeah of course, you can replace the acti.exe and the acti in-game python app files to have those new channels start being saved as part of the telemetry logs. Then you can update your own custom Motec project as you wish in order to display the new channels.

Cheers,

Thanks for the answer- th8s is absoluteley amazing!
We have proper temperature channels, bautiful !!!

Is there any chance we could also get the experimental aero channels in an update?

Thanks for the answer- th8s is absoluteley amazing!
We have proper temperature channels, bautiful !!!

Is there any chance we could also get the experimental aero channels in an update?

Which aero channels did you have in mind?

There are these ones that I tried a long time ago:
ac.getCarState(0, acsys.CS.Aero, acsys.AERO.CD)
ac.getCarState(0, acsys.CS.Aero, acsys.AERO.CL_Front)
ac.getCarState(0, acsys.CS.Aero, acsys.AERO.CL_Rear)

But they weren't working back then so I ended up disabling them. I'll try them again and see what they provide.

The names of those aero channels sound right. If they are the ones I mean they only work when a certain ini file value is set to “dev mode” (I mentioned the exact method earlier in the thread).
[EDIT: it isin post #174]

Once that Dev mode is activated there is a new set of Kunos apps available and values as aero channels are displayed while driving.

I bet my Christmas tree those are the ones you named above ;-)

The names of those aero channels sound right. If they are the ones I mean they only work when a certain ini file value is set to “dev mode” (I mentioned the exact method earlier in the thread).
[EDIT: it isin post #174]

Once that Dev mode is activated there is a new set of Kunos apps available and values as aero channels are displayed while driving.

I bet my Christmas tree those are the ones you named above ;-)

Yeah I just tried them again but unfortunately those channels still return 0 all the time (even with the DEV_APPS flag enabled). So I guess the game just doesn't provide this data for external use...

Sorry man :(

Hey thanks a lot for trying, thats much more than we can wish for, you working on such ideas over Christmas ;-)

It would have been great if those would be working.

There is an undocumented method though to extract those channels with the AIM telemetry software, so somehow they can be extracted (I wish I could understand the tech behind it).

I am still trying to wrap my head around a workaround to achieve aero data through math channels in the Motec i2 software using the data ACTI provides.

Hi guys,

and thanks @KLGreene for the update, acti and motec are very usefull to me, and since i'm using them (couple years now), they helped me to understand a lot (i hope) what to do in me setup by looking all the data. So again a big thanks !

Always wondered tho why the ride height were the same left and right in ACTI, maybe AC limitation ?
Anyway not a big deal imho.

Is there a way to save manually data collected by ACTI ? i mean while i'm driving sometimes i got fps drops while ACTI is writing files on my HD (yeah I don't have a killer pc).

Cheers and Merry Xmas !

Happy New Year!

Is there any possibility for a future app called "PC2TI" ?
I could not imagine living without proper telemetry with Assetto Corsa and this is one of the most missing features from Project Cars 2.

It sounds that it is technically possible as PC2 reads out telemetry data into shared memory but as of yet no-one has built a data conversion tool to create Motec readable telemetry files from the data.

[EDIT]: here is a nice thread about the current state of telemetry with PC2 (an app called vrHive seems the current last word but won't connect to Motec i2 unfortunately):
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sh...etup-your-car-in-21-steps&highlight=telemetry

Last edited:
Hi I correctly installed and tried to used ACTI on my assetto corsa, but when I read datas in MOTEC, I see only few datas, (trhottle, brake pos, engine rpm....), my app doesn't register, g force, wheel position, map, datas on suspension........ why this???

Hi to all, I'm looking for a tutoria how to "understand" MOTEC telemetry and this beautiful app. Can someone help me?
Thx

I'm pretty sure you could watch and read for hours and hours about how to read motec, but below is where I usually start when I'm trying to get faster on a track. The red box on the left is demonstrating that you can select multiple laps to compare against each other. The red dot is the primary lap, and the white dot is the comparison lap. The small red box on the right is how to enable the "variance", which will show the graph inside the middle red box, and the variance is the delta of the comparison lap to the primary. You can see that the comparison laps starts off a little worse, then slowly gets better than the primary, and then looses a bunch of time braking into the chicane.

Motec_Tatuus_at_Spa.png

You don't need the track map on the right, but I find it helpful for locating exactly which corners data I'm looking at. I also tend to use the AI to generate the "primary" lap, especially when I'm learning a new car or track. You can ask the AI to drive your car (with whatever setup you'd like) using the CTRL-C hotkey (in a hotlapping session is best).

Cheers,

Dave\Esotic

Hello,

We have mainly been using rFactor but since AC seems to have more of the tracks and cars we need I am considering swapping.

I have a need to analyze data (very familiar with data analyzing and out there in the real world, and used to work with i2 Pro/Motec but never did it on a sim before :) ) and in addition I would like the ability to pull up a reference lap on a screen and see live data from the driver in the sim compared to the reference lap. Main channels needed are brake pressure/throttle position/gear/steering angle.

Is this what this interface can do? and if so, does it support the current i2 software and if not, where do I get the older i2 v1.0.21.30? I can see it is long gone from Motec's web site. Thanks in advance for any help or advice!

Hello,

We have mainly been using rFactor but since AC seems to have more of the tracks and cars we need I am considering swapping.

I have a need to analyze data (very familiar with data analyzing and out there in the real world, and used to work with i2 Pro/Motec but never did it on a sim before :) ) and in addition I would like the ability to pull up a reference lap on a screen and see live data from the driver in the sim compared to the reference lap. Main channels needed are brake pressure/throttle position/gear/steering angle.

Is this what this interface can do? and if so, does it support the current i2 software and if not, where do I get the older i2 v1.0.21.30? I can see it is long gone from Motec's web site. Thanks in advance for any help or advice!
The package in the ACTI app download include the necessary Motec i2 installation files to run Motec and analyze the telemetry files.

The data channels you mentioned are all there and fully functioning.

There is also a possibility to record a replay file to movie file format and implement that into Motec to analyze your telemetry with the proper camera records but as the necessary workflow to get to the video files (only recording in real time possible) is so time consuming and laborious I never ever tried that. It is there though and if you are familiar with the Motec i2 software you will surely know how to do that ;-)

Hi @VERDK,
While you are doing a lap in AC (you should not use ACTI in replay, you wont have all the data) ACTI will record every data available, once you finished your stint it will convert all the data so motec will be able to read it, then it's your call to process all the informations :D

It’s not necessary to record video on real time. Record video from replay and add later it to the Motec is possible, i doing this many times. You even can add video only for fastest lap not for all laps recorded by Motec. I use break lights and gearshift indicator for synchronization

Thanks guys! Analyzing the data is the easy part for me :)

I think I only got answer to one my questions though... One thing is to analyze the data after the driver has done a run. What I also would like to be able to do is on a seperate screen have the data up from another lap or driver and then real time see the driver in the sim driving against this data set. So for example when approaching a corner I can tell whether the driver in the sim is braking too early compared to the reference on the screen. Is that possible?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back