(ACTI) Assetto Corsa Telemetry Interface

Apps (ACTI) Assetto Corsa Telemetry Interface 1.1.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
Thanks for this amazing app :) I really missed MoTeC!
Everything worked fine yesterday... I don't think that I changed anything, but all of a sudden it doesn't work anymore today.
Connection is fine and as soon as I go back to the pits it says: "Finished processing stint data. Started external MoTeC converter."
But nothing follows and there are no Motec files created :(

Hi, I started to use the app this week, and I noticed that when I quit the game, acti.exe remains runnung in background. If I try to restart the game, Steam tells me that Assetto Corsa is already running.
So I have to open the task manager and kill the process in order to restart the game.
What can possibly be wrong.

Thanks

How can i see setup name when i load .ldx in motec?
I think you cannot. You have to know which session you did with which setup.
Here is the workflow how I name my setups - this way it is easy to know which session I have done with which setup:
1st time in the car: I give the setup a generic name without any detail “R” for example as I always build my race setup with full fuel first

I run a few laps with that setup, adjust my tire pressures roughly, adjust my gearing, suspension height, springs, camber and toe settings, all roughly by feel or experience with the car.

After I feel I have a basic setup and first realistic laptimes, I check MoTeC for the first time, load the fastest lap from that session and plan setup changes.

I do these changes now first (usually I start with correcting tire pressures, ride height, toe, Aero, first rough damper settings).
With changes implemented for the first time, I head out and do laps until I see no further improvements or find some reaction of the car needs a setup change.
I note the fastest laptime and rename the setup in Assetto Corsa with that laptime, so I can identify the setup later on.

I check with MoTeC again, make setup changes, imrove my laptime, save a new setup with that newest fastest time and go back to MoTeC and repeat that cycle until I see no further improvements or feel I have a solid final basic setup.

This final basic setup I name like this ie: 0152537 2017-10-05 R
This way I know the fastest time with that setup, the date I made it and the general purpose I made it for.

When racing with that setup I will again collect MoTeC data or see durring the race already issues (like crititcal tire wear, unwanted behavior on low fuel or on uneven worn tires, etc...).
I study the MoTeC data after the race and go throught the setup cycle with the new changes I have learned from the race and save an improved setup. Once the new setup is proven to be better (and only then) I delete older, slower setups.

Hi, I started to use the app this week, and I noticed that when I quit the game, acti.exe remains runnung in background. If I try to restart the game, Steam tells me that Assetto Corsa is already running.
So I have to open the task manager and kill the process in order to restart the game.
What can possibly be wrong.

Thanks
I have experienced the same issue for a while now (maybe started with one of the last few Assetto Corsa updates).
I didnt know it may be related to ACTI.

I simply kill the Assetto Corsa process or use the Steam dialogue to do so when it happens.

So how about those Aero data channels I asked earlier in the thread about?
Could these be added to ACTI so we can analyse the influence of ride height to aero efficiency per car?

I installed ACTI today, and the first two times it worked great (Live Telemetry), and I got telemetry and MoTeC worked, but now that I try I get "ERROR: Dataflow synchronization has timed out". The in-game app shows green but I get the error in the game.
I have tried to disable auto launch from the in-game, but the same error.

EDIT:
I have also reinstalled ACTI, but still the same error :mad::(

Any tips?

Attachments

• IMG_20171005_23234fgdfgsd.jpg
    IMG_20171005_23234fgdfgsd.jpg
    941.7 KB · Views: 511
Last edited:
Feature request:

Is it possible to have data channels for tire section temperatures (temp, inner, middle, outer) ?

Also what about those Aero channels, mentioned a few times earlier in the thread?
It is possible to read those aero channels with the Aim telemetry software - could you add those channels for ACTI please ?

Is it normal that it works offline only? When I race online nothing gets recorded. I even tried to reinstall Assetto Corsa but the issue still remains.
It should be working offline and online.

Make sure you understand the ways to trigger the telemetry data write.
The best way is to return to pits.

When racing online do NOT stay on the track and then quit the game this will prevent the telemetry data from being written to your drive.

You must go back to pits (not just drive into the pitlane but hit ESC and choose "go back to pits" or you can trigger the data write by clicking the correct button on the ACTI app.

It should be working offline and online.

Make sure you understand the ways to trigger the telemetry data write.
The best way is to return to pits.

When racing online do NOT stay on the track and then quit the game this will prevent the telemetry data from being written to your drive.

You must go back to pits (not just drive into the pitlane but hit ESC and choose "go back to pits" or you can trigger the data write by clicking the correct button on the ACTI app.
Mhhhh I always click gp back to pits. Offline works flawlessly.

Is the little ACTI app light green while you are in session?
Also: you can ALT+TAB from the game session (after race finish, stay on track, ALT+TAB to ACTI software) to teh ACTI software and check on it's status - it might hint you on what is wrong.

As I understand it there should beno difference between online and offline sessions for ACTI.

Is the little ACTI app light green while you are in session?
Also: you can ALT+TAB from the game session (after race finish, stay on track, ALT+TAB to ACTI software) to teh ACTI software and check on it's status - it might hint you on what is wrong.

As I understand it there should beno difference between online and offline sessions for ACTI.
The light is green and the app on the background says it's recording. But then I go to the telem folder and there's just the offline runs. Sometimes, but I can't tell why, it records the LDX file, but it's just 1kb so it's useless.

Now that sounds very strange indeed.
The only thing I could think of to try (other than teh radical step of a complete ACTI removal and re-install) would be that for some reason during an online session your computer somehow ends up with a different IP address than when you are racing offline (this is a wild guess here as I have no clue about network setup but had my share of issues involving DHCP + VPN software and very many devices on a network causing havoc a few times too many).

Investigate if that could be an issue causing ACTI not knowing where to drop those telemetry files on a computer which IP address has changed.

Other than that last straw I am out of ideas :-(

Oh my God. I solved it. It was the stupidest thing: my surname. It's spelled "Giachè", with the accent: the software only understands it for offline purposes, while online it breaks it. I changed my surname to Giache' and now I can log my laps. Thanks Dirk for your help!

Hey very nice! I am glad you could solve it ;-)
Maybe you want to report this on the official Assetto Corsa forum as a bug (I see often German names broken due to special signs not understood) - maybe they can fix this in a future update when they learn about it.

Hi guys,
thanks for this awesome work. I'm in trouble for a think: i am trying to calculate car rolling in curves and some other stuff to improve setup, but I have noticed that parameters "Ride Height" are equal for same axis.
Also data for dampers are missing.
For the first question, is this a software bug?
For the second question, dampers parameters will be added in next releases?

Last edited:
Hey Marco, I am away from the simulator but this info from memory might help:

- chassis roll angle is recorded and can be used (it is displayed in the basic project file in the suspension / rotation tab)
But be careful - it records the total chassis roll angle regardless of track surface angle -> on tracks with a lot of surface angle change you will have dirty data and have to interprete accordingly.
In such cases the suspension travel channels do help - you could even create a quick math channel “delta suspension travel front” and “... back” to help interpreting relative chassis roll)
I currently do just that - check my chassis roll angle AND calculate suspension travel delta to adjust my ARB settings, spring rates and slow damper settings.

- suspension ride height is unfortunately recorded at the center of the car and displayed for left and right side separately although only recorded in a single sensor up center front and back.
Here again you can work around by using a math channel, utilizing the suspension travel as a workaround or just look at suspension travel AND ride height and interprete.

Please elaborate which damper data is missing. Currently damper velocity is recorded (in the base project it is used within the suspension module to display damper velocity and the damper velocity histograms).
I find the current data for damper velocity sufficient to set all respective damper settings (in conjunction with the suspension / chassis rotation tab, especially chassis pitch in combination with suspension travel and damper velocity to decide on spring rate and slow damper settings, I adjust compression and rebound damper setting balance by using the damper histograms and I adjust overall damper strength by interpreting the damper velocity graphs).

Unfortunately you wont have much luck getting feedback from the ACTI plugin maker :-( He doesnt seem to post here anymore which is a shame as there is certain data available in telemetry developer mode that can be extracted with the Aim telemetry software (aero related) but is currently not available through the ACTI plugin.

Hi Dirk, thanks for your response.
For chassis and suspensions questions, I have found "Suspension Travel" data compatible for each wheel. Does it exist a formula or base value compatible for all cars to get realtive suspension or each car has its own forumula (for example oversteer calculation depends for car wheelbase)?

For dampers question, I don't have any data channel.
Example: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3wvJ384PcPCb2VMbFA2dUtZcWs/view?usp=sharing

Maybe the reason is that I don't have enabled DEBUG_PHYSICS parameter from Assetto Corsa configuration?

Hi, when I try to run live telem viewer the app silently crashes. I have the following msg in log file:
>>> ERROR : Aborting program! Line #: 189 , Filename: LiveTelemDlg.cpp

please advise

Is there an easy way of installing v1.1.2 over v1.1.1 without loosing all my custom setups?

Can I just replace the acti.exe file and the new data channels will be read and saved ?

I don’t mind to create the new worksheets myself as I have put a lot of work into a custom Motec project already which I rather not change.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back