Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa Alfa Romeo 33 Stradale Bomus Pack 3 - 5.jpg

Kunos Simulazioni have confirmed the new, free, Bonus Pack 3 will release December 20th - to celebrate check out these awesome new screenshots!

Everyone likes free content right? Well Kunos are happy to oblige with the upcoming new 'Bonus Pack 3', a brand new and free DLC that looks set to contain seven cars and a laser scanned version of the Laguna Seca Raceway for players to enjoy!

Over the last couple of days we've been seeing sneak peak images from some of the new cars, and now Kunos have released a very attractive batch of images of the stunning Alfa Romeo 33 Stradale, a 2.0 L V8 sportscar designed and built by the Italian manufacturer in the mid 1960s.

Furthermore Kunos have finally confirmed a release date for the new pack, with December 20th confirmed as the date PC players will be given access to the new content, with Xbox One and PlayStation 4 gamers due to receive these cars and track at a later date not yet confirmed.

Assetto Corsa Alfa Romeo 33 Stradale Bomus Pack 3 - 3.jpg

Bonus Pack 3 DLC Contents:
  • Laguna Seca
  • Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio
  • Alfa Romeo 33 Stradale
  • Lamborghini Sesto Elemento
  • Lamborghini Huracan Performante
  • Maserati Quattroporte
  • Pagani Huayra BC
  • Maserati Alfieri concept
Assetto Corsa is available for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and Windows PC right now.

Assetto Corsa Alfa Romeo 33 Stradale Bomus Pack 3 - 2.jpg
Assetto Corsa Alfa Romeo 33 Stradale Bomus Pack 3.jpg

Check out the Assetto Corsa Sub Forum here at RaceDepartment for the latest news and discussions regarding the sim. We host quality League and Club Racing events, have a selection of fantastic mods to download and some of the best community conversation. Join in the discussion today.

Assetto Corsa Alfa Romeo 33 Stradale Bomus Pack 3 - 4.jpg
Assetto Corsa Alfa Romeo 33 Stradale Bomus Pack 3 - 6.jpg

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

Looking forward to the upcoming 'Bonus Pack 3' DLC? Which car appeals to you the most? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
It would help a lot to have more tyre choices and more importantly to setup break bias like in pCars 2. I hate driving front-biased brake-balance and that's what roadcars in AC are setup in almost all cars.
To be honest the brake bias settings of PC2 are just stupid. And far away from any realism :cautious:
Also a road car should not have this amount of options in the settings.
AFAIK ABS road car are always front biased for the reason of safety.

To be honest the brake bias settings of PC2 are just stupid. And far away from any realism :cautious:
Also a road car should not have this amount of options in the settings.
AFAIK ABS road car are always front biased for the reason of safety.
You can't change the brake-bias with your dashboard obviously, but if you buy a high-performance car or especially a normal road car for track-racing, 9 from 10 owners will do some other changes than just camber & toe (which isn't done by a switch as well). Switching to harder dampers & springs with less driving height for example or different brake-discs for the bias.

Having some more tuning-options is just more authentic and i suggested even optional performance-steps like you get with a software-update in many cars and that could balance some cars in performance. A BoP not only with GT4-cars would be nice for example. But i think pCars 2 did it different with their Track- and Semislick-tyres, that seems to have different grip on different cars.

PS: Please smooth the edges of the Alfa.
Alfa-Stradale.jpg

Alfa-Stradale.jpg

Last edited:
The lack of previews for Laguna Seca is worrying me a bit as it was not mentioned in the FB posts as well. But just one look at the 33's butt and everything is fine again :D
Probably revealed last, as it's the biggest thing. Marco said in SimRacing expo it will be free, could be delayed though. As it was still WIP and not ready for public in Monza Rally Show, where Aris was talking about other new content.

Looks like nothing is done to fill the gap between competitors (mostly wheather stuff) and they just "lazily" do things they have done plenty of times before and doesn't need that's much of effort.
What are the competitors, regarding weather? Ironically, only games that have proper rain (with puddles and waterplaning) are the lackluster pCars 2 and game by Kunos themselves, netKar Pro. So actually, only good sim with proper rain is by Kunos.

In pCars 2 the rain doesn't really seem believable, too much grip, unless you hit a puddle. And AI ignores the puddle, that sends player car into barrier (or was it patched?) Looks nice tho.

Some other sims may have night racing, but true triple screen support (RaceRoom) or VR (Automobilista) could be seen as "major gaps", that AC covered ages ago

so after the Guilia QV , Laguna Seca, I guess the only thing I am still waiting on is the GT86 GT4 ,
car looks cool and might be fun to drive too, but yeah, would prefer seeing them filling the gaps in the existing series, but that's not what people want to hear

I hope the rumors are true and that they are full steam ahead with work on the sequel.

would prefer seeing them filling the gaps in the existing series, but that's not what people want to hear
You, along with the other excellent modders in the community, have the ability to fill those gaps.
It's kinda weird though; Kunos made the game mod-friendly so that the community could fill in the gaps that they couldn't, but instead the community created more one offs instead.

Not complaining in any way, form, or fashion BTW....just an observation.

I hope the rumors are true and that they are full steam ahead with work on the sequel.

You, along with the other excellent modders in the community, have the ability to fill those gaps.
It's kinda weird though; Kunos made the game mod-friendly so that the community could fill in the gaps that they couldn't, but instead the community created more one offs instead.

Not complaining in any way, form, or fashion BTW....just an observation.
I do agree with you to a point,

yes filling the gaps could have been done by community for sure, but the issue here is , if you get the tools to put ANY car in the game, you will probably want to start with something close to your hearth, which would be my quess why the gaps haven't really been filled

I definitely plan on doing some GT4 cars, so the gap will be filled a bit, but yeah it's tough. Games have advanced a lot and what took a month of work ( month each for 3 people), is now more in the half a year bracket, which means that you get 1/6 of the quality mods that you got earlier

I still see some new mods being made and updated, so I suppose the community is still quite alive for AC and should be all good

I'm also hoping they are working on sequel and that they will improve even the modding support, to make things bit easier
if I was to make some suggestions ( these are some of my bigger gripes about how AC modding works, so not listing every idea for sure)

for cars
-have cars done in similar way as tracks, so that you can use different rims on different versions of the cars, exchange parts of the car for power up versions etc. , should be do-able with .ini file where it would be specified which meshes should be loaded for which variant. This would reduce the file size of the cars, where if you wanted to do a 3 power versions of the car, you would have to duplicate lot of meshes + textures and on top of that skins also
- would love to see car damage with actual deformed mesh, not just texture. Also having options to lose car parts like wheels being ripped off, loosing bumpers, maybe flapping doors
- more working lights on cars, reverse lights! but I would also love to see turn signals

for tracks
-use system of "assets", so that if you build a pit building, marshall, TV crew, this would be auto-populated by the engine, same way how the AC_CREW items work. Benefit to this system would be easier re-use of same assets, and for things like characters you could add animations to them more easily, and they would simply update on every track
- would love to see working LED screens and marshals for flags/warrnings
- would be really cool to see deformable barriers/armcos

Hopefully at least some of those make it into the sequel. Fingers crossed.
What doesn’t help is the fact that Kunos recruited a lot of the best modding talent to produce official content for the game. I’m sure they then had it written into their contracts that they then could no longer produce mod content. Great for those modders to get paid work, but in a way it sucked a bit for the “community” to then lose out on potential work from those very talented artists.

I’m sure they then had it written into their contracts that they then could no longer produce mod content.
Don't think that is true. Can't find the quote, but I seem to remember someone mentioning that yes, its unlikely they will be updating their mod (think it was the MX-5 or Cobra, can't remember), not because its official content and Kunos say they can't, but because they are now producing content for AC, meaning they don't have time to go updating old mods anymore.

Don't think that is true. Can't find the quote, but I seem to remember someone mentioning that yes, its unlikely they will be updating their mod (think it was the MX-5 or Cobra, can't remember), not because its official content and Kunos say they can't, but because they are now producing content for AC, meaning they don't have time to go updating old mods anymore.
Well that scenario was something of an educated guess. I’m not sure if KS or any dev would be happy if a studio employee was producing unlicensed content effectively outside of their agreement. Still, the end result is the same, no more content from those guys regardless of the reasons behind it.

Probably NOTHING more boring then all these GT3 cars, that drive all alike (due to strict homologation) with supergrip, can be driven by a 5yrs old. And the M6 is even more boring then the rest of the GT3 field. Even actual racedrivers say this about GT3 cars!
Are you referring to Sabine Schmitz who said, a monkey could drive this car? I checked her lap-times and she wasn't up to pace with the M6 and i guess it was more about BOP-politics to get better performance with the Porsche GT3 R. In both cars she's maybe 8 seconds behind the best drivers with the same cars on the VLN-layout and i think sim-racing is the reason. Before the laserscanned Nordschleife you needed thousands of real laps and dozens of crashes to master this track and today the younger generations do a lot of this experience in the simulator. But old generation drivers like Schmitz and the Alzen brothers still have an advantage when it starts raining and this happens way over 200 days per year.

Personally i would rather see some better matching telemetry and lap times in AC in the GT3. The lap times are too slow even the top-speeds are higher than in current GT3-cars plus the tyre wear is very exaggerated in AC. In iRacing it's kind of the opposite. Laptimes are about 20 seconds below the real times with top-speeds under 260 km/h and just filling up the tank without switching tyres is a common trick to save some seconds in a 24h race.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back