Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa Alfa Romeo 33 Stradale Bomus Pack 3 - 5.jpg

Kunos Simulazioni have confirmed the new, free, Bonus Pack 3 will release December 20th - to celebrate check out these awesome new screenshots!

Everyone likes free content right? Well Kunos are happy to oblige with the upcoming new 'Bonus Pack 3', a brand new and free DLC that looks set to contain seven cars and a laser scanned version of the Laguna Seca Raceway for players to enjoy!

Over the last couple of days we've been seeing sneak peak images from some of the new cars, and now Kunos have released a very attractive batch of images of the stunning Alfa Romeo 33 Stradale, a 2.0 L V8 sportscar designed and built by the Italian manufacturer in the mid 1960s.

Furthermore Kunos have finally confirmed a release date for the new pack, with December 20th confirmed as the date PC players will be given access to the new content, with Xbox One and PlayStation 4 gamers due to receive these cars and track at a later date not yet confirmed.

Assetto Corsa Alfa Romeo 33 Stradale Bomus Pack 3 - 3.jpg

Bonus Pack 3 DLC Contents:
  • Laguna Seca
  • Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio
  • Alfa Romeo 33 Stradale
  • Lamborghini Sesto Elemento
  • Lamborghini Huracan Performante
  • Maserati Quattroporte
  • Pagani Huayra BC
  • Maserati Alfieri concept
Assetto Corsa is available for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and Windows PC right now.

Assetto Corsa Alfa Romeo 33 Stradale Bomus Pack 3 - 2.jpg
Assetto Corsa Alfa Romeo 33 Stradale Bomus Pack 3.jpg

Check out the Assetto Corsa Sub Forum here at RaceDepartment for the latest news and discussions regarding the sim. We host quality League and Club Racing events, have a selection of fantastic mods to download and some of the best community conversation. Join in the discussion today.

Assetto Corsa Alfa Romeo 33 Stradale Bomus Pack 3 - 4.jpg
Assetto Corsa Alfa Romeo 33 Stradale Bomus Pack 3 - 6.jpg

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

Looking forward to the upcoming 'Bonus Pack 3' DLC? Which car appeals to you the most? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
I love the gt3s and they dont all drive the same , to say that means u havent driven them all , but id like to see top tier saloon racing cars in the form of dtm and supergt cars as the urd mods are not accurate in my eyes , theyre too slow.

What doesn’t help is the fact that Kunos recruited a lot of the best modding talent to produce official content for the game. I’m sure they then had it written into their contracts that they then could no longer produce mod content. Great for those modders to get paid work, but in a way it sucked a bit for the “community” to then lose out on potential work from those very talented artists.

100% untrue. What they don't have is time. I think the community is just fine, there are plenty of busy bees out there.

Don't think that is true. Can't find the quote, but I seem to remember someone mentioning that yes, its unlikely they will be updating their mod (think it was the MX-5 or Cobra, can't remember), not because its official content and Kunos say they can't, but because they are now producing content for AC, meaning they don't have time to go updating old mods anymore.
yep, this is what it is,
when I was doing cars as freelance, I had no energy to produce my own content at nights, so this I totally agree with what's behind this

Now that we have an Aussie V8 mod of reasonable quality I'm quite happy for Kunos to move onto their next project, and I'd be quite happy if they went in a fresh direction rather then an AC2.

An Historic Race SIm thanks, Then you can move onto AC2.

Now that we have an Aussie V8 mod of reasonable quality I'm quite happy for Kunos to move onto their next project, and I'd be quite happy if they went in a fresh direction rather then an AC2.

An Historic Race SIm thanks, Then you can move onto AC2.
I wonder if the next game they create will carry forwards modding also :)

I wonder if the next game they create will carry forwards modding also :)

I just hope that any futrue title (AC2?) still keeps it a "PC focused" title. Now they have engaged the console crowd, I think it would be easy to fall into the trap of producing a watered down experience, when inevitably the PC version always suffers. I too hope they keep modding alive for future releases.

I just hope that any futrue title (AC2?) still keeps it a "PC focused" title. Now they have engaged the console crowd, I think it would be easy to fall into the trap of producing a watered down experience, when inevitably the PC version always suffers. I too hope they keep modding alive for future releases.
I'd say the unthankful "gimme gimme gimme" attitude the consoleros show on the forum and every sort of social media may influence this... and while I don't doubt that the console sales make up the majority of AC sales today, I wonder how much both MS and Sony chip off for licensing, patch servers, patch slots and so on.

Looking at what RSS is currently cooking up with their GT-1 mod I can see Stefano furiously taking notes at every post :D Modding is like a stress test for your software that you don't need to pay for and that answers questions you never asked... like here (http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/test-plane.132924/)

Unthankful?...Personally I'm a little ashamed of how the console market have been burned by their release of the game (and the complete balls up that followed that release and which seems to be compounded with every update), I'm thinking the brand as a whole has taken some damage due to this and this latest bonus pack might even be damage control for them.

Pure speculation of course, Though if I were a console owner of Assetto Corsa I would have moved on by now and I wouldn't be looking back

That said, If there is any influence coming from the different areas of the market, It will all be in the form of projected sales numbers and no company looking to make some serious coin will ignore the consoles.

Unthankful?...Personally I'm a little ashamed of how the console market have been burned by their release of the game (and the complete balls up that followed that release and which seems to be compounded with every update), I'm thinking the brand as a whole has taken some damage due to this and this latest bonus pack might even be damage control for them.

Pure speculation of course, Though if I were a console owner of Assetto Corsa I would have moved on by now and I wouldn't be looking back

That said, If there is any influence coming from the different areas of the market, It will all be in the form of projected sales numbers and no company looking to make some serious coin will ignore the consoles.

Looking from the outside in, it seems to me as though the console release has been badly handled. I dont even own a current console so I can't speak from their experience.

I own a current console, a couple of them actually, And I wouldn't touch the console release of this game.

That said, I've got a full gaming PC, cockpit, amp and speakers and projector that is all dedicated to Assetto Corsa, I've got a separate gaming PC for everything else...

I'd say the unthankful "gimme gimme gimme" attitude the consoleros show on the forum and every sort of social media may influence this... and while I don't doubt that the console sales make up the majority of AC sales today, I wonder how much both MS and Sony chip off for licensing, patch servers, patch slots and so on.

Looking at what RSS is currently cooking up with their GT-1 mod I can see Stefano furiously taking notes at every post :D Modding is like a stress test for your software that you don't need to pay for and that answers questions you never asked... like here (http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/test-plane.132924/)
Maybe you shouldn't generalise so much as not all console racers are of the gimme, gimme, gimme variety and do appreciate the hard work Kunos have put into the console version. However they released a sub-par version of the game on console which took a long while to get anywhere near the pc release so some criticism was warranted and I'm sure it would have come aplenty from the pc community too if they had the same problems. Thankfully they have gone a long way to correcting the problems.

Maybe you shouldn't generalise so much as not all console racers are of the gimme, gimme, gimme variety and do appreciate the hard work Kunos have put into the console version. However they released a sub-par version of the game on console which took a long while to get anywhere near the pc release so some criticism was warranted and I'm sure it would have come aplenty from the pc community too if they had the same problems. Thankfully they have gone a long way to correcting the problems.
I wasn't generalising, I was writing directly about the posts of console users on Kunos' social media. Go on the main Assetto Corsa facebook page and see for yourself what comments are. Lot's and lot's of car and track requests and stuff like this
1.jpg

2.jpg

I'm absolutely aware that the majority is silent, but those are not the guys you as the dev see every day

I'm a Xbox racer and the game has improved greatly and is now at a level that we can race online with successfully. I do think that the release and subsequent communication was poor and that damaged their reputation somewhat but i've always tried to cut them some slack and keep positive about the title. Whenever there's an update its always a hold your breath moment in case something messes up again and the dlc issues on Xbox have been a real pita but despite the problems I'm still grateful to have such a great sim to drive and race with.

I wasn't generalising, I was writing directly about the posts of console users on Kunos' social media. Go on the main Assetto Corsa facebook page and see for yourself what comments are. Lot's and lot's of car and track requests and stuff like this
View attachment 225926
View attachment 225927

I'm absolutely aware that the majority is silent, but those are not the guys you as the dev see every day
It seemed to be generalising to me as it made it out that 'consoleros' in general are just a demanding bunch which is not accurate. I go on the Console Lounge regularly so am aware of those type of posts but also the very supportive posts that are there in equal number. There's always complaints and demands on all formats thats just the nature of the beast.

... stopped reading :roflmao:
With a PC racing background too :coffee: I had to go the console route back in 2010 for financial reasons but will be back in a year to 18 months. Not that I haven't enjoyed my console racing, it's been a fantastic experience and I've met some great people. There are some incredibly dedicated and talented guys on that format that choose the platform for a variety of reasons.

[PS: Please smooth the edges of the Alfa.]

Did you recognize the main difference between your images? Double headlight vs. single headlight? Kunos have implemented an early version. Try google and you will find out.

Cheers

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back