2018 Formula One Austrian Grand Prix

[QUOTE = "Appie Kuipers, bericht: 2781477, member: 136"] Je begint een pita te worden
Dus 9e finish is geweldig in je onrustige geest, 1e is niets! Je Max haat is niet de mening in Nederland, dus sta alleen! Ik zou graag willen weten waarom ?, Dus overal ter wereld begrijpt misschien wat en waarom! :([/CITAAT]

Because Max is dangerous for his idols

1. Great race today - wanted to see Kimi take it, but still great fun on an awesome track.

2. Max has become an incredibly polarizing figure - he must be doing something right!

Interesting fact of the day, it was 63 years ago the last time Mercedes had a double retirement due to Mechanical problems and that was the 1955 Italian Grand Prix, their final race before going dormant until the 1980s

Unless you qualify this as mechanical problems:

:roflmao:

DhC-8mqWAAE11Eh.jpg

:p
Jokes apart, Vettel overtaking Hamilton with 1 tyre on the grass was a great move, almost made forgiving the stupid mistake he did in Q3 that caused him a penalization, almost.

Mercedes was by far the fastest.

Congratulations, you hit the nail right on the head what is problem ;)

F2 sprint race is a better spectacle for mine

MotoGP 11 riders @Assen were within 0.5 on a 90+ sec lap

Sky was saying "oh" how exciting and close the cars where at 2 seconds gap on a 60+ sec lap lol

Oh quote of the day to Alonso, I think it went ......... " I will NOT be 71 laps .....HERE ! " lol

Interesting fact of the day, it was 63 years ago the last time Mercedes had a double retirement due to Mechanical problems and that was the 1955 Italian Grand Prix, their final race before going dormant until the 1980s

You do realise throughout the 1955 season Daimler-Benz entered 4 cars at each GP?
And of the 4 drivers nominated each was cross entered in each of the 4 cars.
:confused:

Sovereign race by Max. Well deserved victory.

But my surprise of the race: No team order from Ferrari.
I was expecting they will swap positions, but surprisingly they let Kimi drive. Well done, Ferrari. You've evaded the torches and pitchforks.:whistling:

Not F1 related , but guys what do you think about F2 rolling start for the race at redbull ring? it's a good call or it's a shame?

Not F1 related , but guys what do you think about F2 rolling start for the race at redbull ring? it's a good call or it's a shame?
The reason why they had to decide this is obvious but still 'strange' that so many cars/drivers struggle with a standing start.
They had to do something after that last mega crash.....

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/red-bull-reveals-tactic-that-helped-verstappen-win-1054411/

One just have to wonder... :whistling:
why couldn't a team tell the other driver about that same trick ? One driver is using it, so don't you want as a team safe 1-2 ?? Or you want that your other driver have to go for new tires and drop THREE places ?
Another favoritism of one driver ?
Nah... they just been caught off guard. Like Merc with Ham. :rolleyes:
But after that
"just let him go mate", "NO!", "okie doki, never mind, do it your way;)"
beautiful team love story.... who knows. :x3:
Dan, I really hope hope you have some other options... srcew this (biased) crew.
Anything ...but McLaren. :geek:

Last edited:
Best race of the year and one of the best of recent times, very unpredictable. Sorry for bottas but his mechanic problem was needed to give the race this unpredictability (due to VSC and mercedes' pit mistake), also hamilton and ricciardo were unlucky, though for hamilton it was about time, finished 33 races in the points.

Raikkonen lost a potential win after 5,5 years because of daring too much trying to overtake hamilton on the outside in the first lap, which cost him the place to verstappen eventually, in hindsight he'd have won otherwise, might not have another chance again, he was otherwise good here.

@gamer19 as much as I read often from people that staying at red bull has disadvantages, where should he go? Certainly not to cars 1-1,5 sec a lap slower? If I were him I wouldn't trust those to catch red bull anytime soon, and looks like ferrari and mercedes' doors are closed, so, however I agree red bull had nothing to lose letting ricciardo get ONE tow as well, he'd have jumped grosjean on the grid and would've actually been 5th instead of 7th due to vettel's penalty.

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea