2018 Formula One Austrian Grand Prix

Renault ? So they (Red Bull) can have "their" Sainz back. :p
It would be one great reunion (Max and Sainz) and they already said ...they get great together - in TR, so why not repeat that harmony now in RB.
Wonder how that would turn out. :sneaky:

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/red-bull-reveals-tactic-that-helped-verstappen-win-1054411/

One just have to wonder... :whistling:
why couldn't a team tell the other driver about that same trick ? One driver is using it, so don't you want as a team safe 1-2 ?? Or you want that your other driver have to go for new tires and drop THREE places ?
Another favoritism of one driver ?
Nah... they just been caught off guard. Like Merc with Ham. :rolleyes:
But after that
"just let him go mate", "NO!", "okie doki, never mind, do it your way;)"
beautiful team love story.... who knows. :x3:
Dan, I really hope hope you have some other options... srcew this (biased) crew.
Anything ...but McLaren. :geek:
I personally wonder why you think Ricciardo didn't know about it? As far as I know they've always been pretty open with sharing data. I'm speculating here, but since they had different setups it could be possible that the same thing simply wouldn't have worked for Ricciardo. Even if he didn't know about it, Verstappen didn't either and he figured it out at some point.

Another thing I see brought up a lot is that Verstappen took it easy on the soft tyres the first couple of laps, whereas Ricciardo started pushing the moment he left the pit. Hamilton did the same thing, and they both ended up in the same place with their soft tyres.

What an exciting race! Absolute crazy. What happened to leclerc? Overtake by Alonso, then steamed through the field, would've loved to watch his overtakes alone.

The engineer who called Lewis showed class by admitting it was his fault, in front of the world's media too, stones of steel right there. They should get him up on the podium next time they win, just to show redemption.

Verstappen... classy throughout and I think he's learned a lot from the earlier craziness.

I'm not enjoying the tyre degradation but it certainly makes for interesting racing! I had a feeling Merc were going to put a stranglehold on these few races and therefore the championship, I'm not so sure now, it's opened right up!

Can't we keep these tires also for Silverstone? They grant good racing, off-strategies and a lot of tension. But obviously that's not an option.

TBH, when Mercedes simply isn't capable of building a car that can handle the NORMAL tires, it's their own problem. Ferrari showed today, that it is possible to drive these tires around a hot track, so where's the problem?

I fear Silverstone will be a typical proccession led by Mercedes again. I get tired of this...
I do like the fact that Max has his first place, but I had some fear at the end. Losing Ricciardo and the massive gap he created. If the race lasted 1 or 2 laps longer... I would not be sure about the result.
Getting within the 2 seconds of the car before you the mess starts. You loose lots of downforce so the tires get a harder time. So Kimi could have managed to get a few tenths of each lap he still had to drive at least 8 laps to get past Max. Max had a conformable gap at the end of 2 seconds. that last half second that got off in the last lap was because he lifted while going troughj SF, knowing Kimi would never get past him the last few hundred meters.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/red-bull-reveals-tactic-that-helped-verstappen-win-1054411/

One just have to wonder... :whistling:
why couldn't a team tell the other driver about that same trick ? One driver is using it, so don't you want as a team safe 1-2 ?? Or you want that your other driver have to go for new tires and drop THREE places ?
Another favoritism of one driver ?
Nah... they just been caught off guard. Like Merc with Ham. :rolleyes:
But after that
"just let him go mate", "NO!", "okie doki, never mind, do it your way;)"
beautiful team love story.... who knows. :x3:
Dan, I really hope hope you have some other options... srcew this (biased) crew.
Anything ...but McLaren. :geek:
If max can come up with that idea, so could daniel. And otherwise: if they would had said this to daniel on the radio every team can listen to that, do they want to help hamilton? Hell no, that would be the stupidest thing ever. And your so called qualifying favouritism has been team policy since the coulthard-webber era. No favouritism at all mate

I personally wonder why you think Ricciardo didn't know about it? As far as I know they've always been pretty open with sharing data. I'm speculating here, but since they had different setups it could be possible that the same thing simply wouldn't have worked for Ricciardo. Even if he didn't know about it, Verstappen didn't either and he figured it out at some point.

Another thing I see brought up a lot is that Verstappen took it easy on the soft tyres the first couple of laps, whereas Ricciardo started pushing the moment he left the pit. Hamilton did the same thing, and they both ended up in the same place with their soft tyres.

Well, RIC had some serious oversteer issues in quali that will probably have perpetuated through to the race, but apart from that I think the biggest reason is that Ferrari of Raikkonen in his mirrors, no opportunity to go easy on his tyres there with a DRS zone coming up. VER on the other hand probably had the luxury of rear-tire saving diff settings and coasting throughout those corners, managing a nice gap. Well deserved win nevertheless, fantastic race.

Last edited:
"Just like the Red Bull Ring, Silverstone is getting a third DRS zone in order to try and boost overtaking. It’s being added on the start-finish straight and because DRS doesn’t close unless drivers either slow down or switch it off manually, that means we could theoretically see cars go through the first two corners - Abbey and Farm - with it open"

• Deleted member 205301

As always, the poll results are strange (now there are 70 people who have voted for Verstappen (i'm one of them) as a winner ...but the fact is there was less than 30 BEFORE the race...strange people...
@++

[QUOTE = "Brice.S., Post: 2781835, lid: 205301"] Zoals altijd zijn de resultaten van de peilingen raar (nu zijn er 70 mensen die voor Verstappen hebben gestemd (ik ben een van hen) als een winnaar .. .maar het feit is dat er minder dan 30 was VOOR DE race ... vreemde mensen ...
++ [/ quote

Yepp. Better the vote stops a hour for the race starts

"Just like the Red Bull Ring, Silverstone is getting a third DRS zone in order to try and boost overtaking. It’s being added on the start-finish straight and because DRS doesn’t close unless drivers either slow down or switch it off manually, that means we could theoretically see cars go through the first two corners - Abbey and Farm - with it open"
I don't understand if that guy was upset with me or with the quote from the news lol

As always, the poll results are strange (now there are 70 people who have voted for Verstappen (i'm one of them) as a winner ...but the fact is there was less than 30 BEFORE the race...strange people...
@++
I always vote for grosjean, just as a joke (at every race, may be it was me putting pressure on him this season):D:p he had 1 one before the race and it was me :laugh: (oh no i was late this time :roflmao:)

Last edited:
@++

I also voted for him a few days ago and noticed the odd results today. I would've said something if only it mattered. What I find funny is that some people must think it matters.

[QUOTE = "johndough247, bericht: 2781911, lid: 249139"] Realiseer je je dat veel van je berichten niet in het Engels zijn? Gewoon nieuwsgierig. [/ QUOTE]

Sorry!! Wat ik zeg kijk ik uit naar Silverstone
You do realize many of your posts are not in English right? Just curious.

Sorry mate! Forgot the button... but what I say I am lookking forward to silverstone. But I Am afraid mercedes is therevthe fastest

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.