2013 Formula One British Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
A few things:

*I don't normally spit at Pirelli, but with the delamination fiasco since the start of the season and now these blow-outs ? Laughable, get your crap together.

*Vettel should have brought his car off the track.

*Thank you Lotus for screwing up Kimi, again....

*Pirelli sucks.

Yea, not sure exactly what to say about these delaminations. I'd prefer and wait to see what Pirelli, the teams and importantly the FIA have to say about it.

To the race though, some fantastic drives from some people. Hamilton finished up with strong pace, Rosberg held on to that win and seemed very cool and calm all race and was in the right place at the right time you'd say.

I tipped Webber to win that one and he probably would of if he didn't have another shocker start, but it was fun to watch him race towards the end there. Tough luck for Vettel, looked like he had that one in the bag for the longest time.

Lotus will be kicking themselves not pitting Raikkonen in the last safety car.

Awesome races by Hamilton and Massa after blowing their tyres, 4th and 6th if I'm not mistaken. And also a good drive by di Resta, back in the points after starting 21st, I wonder what he would have done if he didn't get the penalty.

As for the tyres, I already stated my opinion.

Pirelli did exactly make the tyres that the FIA wanted to have for Formula 1. Lets hope the FIA now realizes their mistake and order Pirelli to make top quality tyres that the sport deserves. They can, no doubt.
No, the tyres failing is due to the actual structure, not because they are made to lose massive grip when wore out.... No idea what they`re doing with them, but it needs to change.

No doubt Pirelli can make a tyre last all race if they wanted, as you've said they were contracted to make a certain tyre.

But no doubts they either went too extreme with the tyre or they honestly failed in their safety procedures when developing the tyre when it can't take the load, if indeed the heavy load the tyres are taking the problem. And we can always take this back to Pirelli not getting enough usefull data, eg; not having any usefull track testing.

But before I carry on I'll have to pinch my self and follow what I said early, by waiting till we know more about the current situation.

Pirelli did exactly make the tyres that the FIA wanted to have for Formula 1. Lets hope the FIA now realizes their mistake and order Pirelli to make top quality tyres that the sport deserves. They can, no doubt.
I bet no one said to them "Make tires that explode randomly"
The complaining about higher degradation etc. is surely not Pirelli's fault, but saftey is an issue which is 100% their responsibility.

turns out according to Ted the only reason Pirelli are using Steel belts rather than Kevlar belts is steel belts are cheaper. Just wow. If tyres aren't changed it can be said cost more important than safety?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back