2013 Formula One British Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not that I actually want to take away the victory from Nico, but I don't get that reprimand thing.
Someone breaks the rules and gets away with it.

I'm sure there is an actual reason for the light penalty. I know Webber did the same in one of the FP Sessions and only got a reprimand so probably similar reasoning for the Rosberg situation.

Wow, just moved today, no computer just internet on the phone..
could not hold on any longer and had to read the comments,

seems like it was one hell of a race? :)
Obviously something happened to Hamilton and obviously Rosberg wins, just brilliant..
oh well the merc is quick at least and with two solid drivers maybe wcc is possible..

Obviously something happened to Hamilton
Yeah... His left rear tire exploded... And then Massa's... and Vergne's... and Perez'... and Alonso and Vettel had damage on theirs.
The drivers received an advice to avoid riding the curbs and minimize the risk of more high speed punctures and... pretty much all of them ignored it :laugh:
Oh, and Vettel's gearbox broke down while being in the lead.
So yeah, one hell of a race :)

Yeah... His left rear tire exploded... And then Massa's... and Vergne's... and Perez'... and Alonso and Vettel had damage on theirs.
The drivers received an advice to avoid riding the curbs and minimize the risk of more high speed punctures and... pretty much all of them ignored it :laugh:
Oh, and Vettel's gearbox broke down while being in the lead.
So yeah, one hell of a race :)
and Rosberg had one but he stopped as it was happening

NEXT season? There are a couple of tracks with pretty long and fast corners coming (Spa, Monza, Suzuka) - I'm sure no one wants a replay of what kept happening yesterday.
Sure, those tracks aren't EXACTLY the same and they're going to use different setups (especially with the experience from yesterday), but the risk is still there. Let's just hope Pirelli figure out the reason behind all those tire failures.

Btw, has anyone found yet out what exactly happened to Gutierrez?

All concerned need to sit down and work out how to solve the tyre issue, meaning FIA & Pirelli. The blame is not solely Pirelli's, they designed a tyre that the FIA wanted. Now everyone is pointing fingers at them.
More testing is needed, simples.

And Bernie.....

Ok i finished watching Silverstone and was exited as Vettel did not win. I don't dislike him but the 2nd and third place back drivers Alonso and Raikkonen need to play catch up. And a wild race like this will pull them tighter or Vettel will have the tittle by Korea. With the tittle in the bag before the final 5 races.

What i do not understand is FIA officials walk around the track. Even Drivers and Engineers. Looking for dimples and t stuff on the racing line that would upset the car.
Like a Curb with a rough texture. Designed to help the car rotate smoothly. Unless its a rumble strip that would be further back or ahead. for A rookie in a Formula 3. No body in F1 would touch one of those with a F1 as they have to much downforce.

I guess the lads where inspecting the track after a pint. Or Pirelli need a better understanding of the demands of a F1 tire.

This is what happens when the FIA restrict testing in the of season.

Going into this race I was thinking it might be a bit of a snoozer. Rosberg and Hamilton vs. Vettel and Webber? Red Bull 1/2 for sure.

Boy was I wrong. Thanks to Pirelli we get an adrenaline filled race full of carnage, and to top it off Vettel's car dies. From an entertainment standpoint very exciting. From a championship standpoint very exciting: I was thinking an easy #4 for Red Bull/Vettel like 2011 but not quite as easy.

Some amazing drives out there (Alonso, Webber, Di Resta, Ricciardo). What a Race! Lottery

I agree with whats been said about tyres but that's enough for now imho, wait for what Pirelli/FIA/Teams have to say about analysis.

p.s. I know Hamilton was pulling away but we all know how good the RB is around Silverstone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back