2013 Formula One Australian Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure, but if Sutil choosed Medium instead of Super Soft, he probably drove better at the end.
But, anyway, congratulations to Kimi. He deserved this win.

Got my prediction right. Kimi did a wonderful race, i was wondering why in early stages his car look really good, then when the cue started forming, he was the only one out of dirty air, only gaining 0.3s per lap.. Answer came when he stayed out. Lap after lap.. The car is good, Iceman is in 100% shape, this'll be a great season.

I'm not sure, but if Sutil choosed Medium instead of Super Soft, he probably drove better at the end.

Sutil had to use the super softs though. He started out on the medium and had only used medium tyres up to that point.

Have to say Sutil's drive today was certainly the surprise performance today. Definitely have more respect for Sutil now after seeing him drive like that.

Sutil had to use the super softs though. He started out on the medium and had only used medium tyres up to that point.

Have to say Sutil's drive today was certainly the surprise performance today. Definitely have more respect for Sutil now after seeing him drive like that.

I think he meant if Sutil started on Super-Softs

Not great that Vettel was booed.. I loved when Brundle said "The crowd are very appreciative of your efforts today Sebastian" and then Vettel laughs and says "Not really" :) Regardless of what some of the Aussies think of Red Bull's driver policy, they shouldnt be booing a driver on the podium who has driven well, had some really good overtakes and has put on a great show for the fans who were dissapointed with qualifying yesterday.

My favourite part of that race was the Alonso Hamilton battle.. shame that Lewis flatspotted that tyre.. he was on for a two stop I reckon. Anyways great job by Kimi and a brilliant start to the season. Driver of the day was Sutil for me. He drove brilliantly and took the maximum out of that car.

Oops.:whistling:

I don't think Sutil might have had such an advantage had he started on the super softs. The tyres certainly wouldn't have lasted long enough to have him leading, considering that they only lasted a handful of laps on that last stint.

Edit: Just remembered when Massa took the lead and asked Smedley "What do we do now?!?". :laugh:

My favourite part of that race was the Alonso Hamilton battle.. shame that Lewis flatspotted that tyre.. he was on for a two stop I reckon. Anyways great job by Kimi and a brilliant start to the season. Driver of the day was Sutil for me. He drove brilliantly and took the maximum out of that car.
I actually thought for a second that Alonso would turn in and they both crash out, but he is kind of the opposite to Grosjean: Alonso has such a great sensibility of what is going around him.

Mclaren having a dejavu of their terrible 2003 ( i believe car) and had to revert back to the old one...they might have to do the same, you put last years Mclaren and it would be a fighting car, they ended up worse than Ferrari last year.

Witmarsh sounds like a beaten man...i fear for the team.

Another thing to say was that DRS was perfect today. We saw some good battles and every overtake (except maybe a few) was challenging for the drivers.
Yeah, I thought the two DRS zones might make it too unbalanced, someone could overtake on the first straight and then could pull out a lead on the second straight but it actually seemed to be just right today.

Mclaren having a dejavu of their terrible 2003 ( i believe car) and had to revert back to the old one...they might have to do the same, you put last years Mclaren and it would be a fighting car, they ended up worse than Ferrari last year.

Yep. It's almost like a repeat of the start of the 2009 season for Mclaren. The car is nowhere near where they want it to be, and I think Button and Perez will struggle.. I heard that they are actually thinking of reverting back to the 2012 car but it would mean a lot of work back at the factory for the team.

You get the point.
But anyway it was awesome when he led the race, it was awesome when he won pit-stop war with Vettel. I think he can take podiums in this year. And probably, PROBABLY - win some races. ;)
Force India still doing great job on progress. Will be very interesting to see what they will do in Malaysia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes