2013 Formula One Australian Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure if it was discussed here, but did anybody see that Alonso used DRS when it was disabled?! Although he had no advantage it was not allowed to use and should be at least under investigation.

Ferrari is looking quite nice, both Alonso and Massa really doing well in it, in hindsight they probably could of locked up 2nd and 3rd.
Kimi drove a fantastic race, taking care of the tyres, and putting in the times when needed.
Mercedes didn't look too bad at all, that lockup while battling Alonso really resulted into having to go for 3 stops it seems. Not a bad effort indeed.
Sutil really impressed aswell, but he pushed way to early on that new set of tyres.

Great race over all, looking forward to Malaysia.

It didn't worry me much, the later start time was still ok.
Only downside was demonstrated on Saturday. By leaving it so late, any poor weather (a highly likely event in Melbourne) causing delays runs into daylight problems. Luckily it only happened during Qualy, but if it had happened a day later, the Event could have been seriously affected.

I'm not sure if it was discussed here, but did anybody see that Alonso used DRS when it was disabled?! Although he had no advantage it was not allowed to use and should be at least under investigation.

I did. And the guy behind him also had the flaps open.

It's too early to give an opinion only after on gp! last season, we had 5 winners in the first 5 gp! even the Mercedes had seemed very compertitive at the start of the last season and the RedBull, also, had a difficult start in the past year!
the real season will start only after 4-5 Grand Prix!

Wow Vetell was an absolute zero today. Apart from kamikaze move on Sutil (which thankfully Adrian saw coming), destroyed his tires too quickly and relied too much on pit strategy. Could be blow year for Red Bull.

Also, Pirelli tires are absolute joke. I wonder from what recycled rubbish they are made of. I will never ever buy these yellow-branded junk for my road car.

Wow Vetell was an absolute zero today. Apart from kamikaze move on Sutil (which thankfully Adrian saw coming), destroyed his tires too quickly and relied too much on pit strategy. Could be blow year for Red Bull.

Also, Pirelli tires are absolute joke. I wonder from what recycled rubbish they are made of. I will never ever buy these yellow-branded junk for my road car.

lol. So if you think Pirelli's F1 tires suck, then Pirelli's road tires automatically suck as well? Cmon man, that's absolute nonsense.

I think Pirelli have done a great job and the races will be more exciting because of it. It's just a matter for the teams to start understanding the tyres, that's all.

Could be blow year for Red Bull.
Yeah...because the first race is perfectly showing off everything we need to know about the whole season. Just like 2012. Oh, wait...

4923.gif

anyone already commented on thequite good performance of the five newcomers? I only watched bits and pieces and I am not 100% sure about results from top dozen down, but to me they looked very much in control of what they were doing, we've seen worse.

Great day today! Would rate that as one of the best F1 races I've seen live :D

First off Raikkonen's strategy was just phenomenal, and he really kept the tires together on what was a really long final stint! Looking forward to a big title challenge from Kimi. Also fantastic to see the Ferrari's on track together again, and Massa is heading back to 2008 form hopefully :). Walking around the track afterward, I've never seen so many marbles on the edges of the circuit, and bits of the super soft tires were flying into the crowd like you wouldn't believe.

Couple of people were interested in some photos, so I've attached a few. Clearly not a photographer and my mobile probably doesn't have the best camera going around. :laugh:

Attachments

• IMAG0144.jpg
    IMAG0144.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 285
  • IMAG0125.jpg
    IMAG0125.jpg
    150.4 KB · Views: 276
  • IMAG0147.jpg
    IMAG0147.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 263
  • IMAG0151.jpg
    IMAG0151.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 279
  • IMAG0153.jpg
    IMAG0153.jpg
    149.6 KB · Views: 243
  • IMAG0092.jpg
    IMAG0092.jpg
    143 KB · Views: 257
Great race, some nice battles in the field.

Hugely impressed by Lotus at the start, it looked like it weighed half as much as the Mercedes which looked quite poor on the heavy fuel load.

Ferrari looked mighty in the race as well. Both Red Bull and Mercedes did not really live up to the hype in the race though.

Also, not sure wtf Mercedes was thinking keeping Rosberg and Hamilton out for so long!
They lost several seconds because of that. They should have simply followed the leaders instead or at least the lap before or after the leader pitted.

Bernie has wanted to make Oz a night race since the success of Singapore. Personally, I used to enjoy waking up at 2am to watch the GP live (Weird I know). However, with Sky starting to take over shared packages in Europe (UK and Italy at the moment), it could go back to the silly o'clock times with terrestrial highlights earlier in the morning, 9-10ish.

For any Pacific coast North Americans, what time did the GP start for you. Just curious.

I loved Sutil's radio - "Pit this lap pit this lap pit confirm. Pit this lap pit this lap pit confirm." :) almost like a song :) Also Smedley talking to Massa - "You've got a free track, lets see what you can do". Fair play to Massa though.. he looked on it all weekend and he's bound to get a victory this season if his team dont tell him to move over for his teammate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.1%
  • More leagues

Votes: 41 19.2%
  • Prizes

Votes: 44 20.7%
  • Trophies

Votes: 26 12.2%