1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2013 Formula One Australian Grand Prix

Discussion in 'Formula 1 Race Comments' started by Hampus Andersson, Mar 7, 2013.

Who will win the Australian Grand Prix?

Poll closed Mar 17, 2013.
  1. Sebastian Vettel

2. Mark Webber

3. Fernando Alonso

4. Felipe Massa

5. Jenson Button

6. Sergio Perez

7. Kimi Räikkönen

8. Romain Grosjean

9. Nico Rosberg

10. Lewis Hamilton

11. Nico Hulkenberg

12. Esteban Gutierrez

13. Paul di Resta

14. Adrian Sutil

15. Pastor Maldonado

16. Valtteri Bottas

17. Jean-Eric Vergne

18. Daniel Ricciardo

19. Charles Pic

20. Giedo van der Garde

21. Jules Bianchi

22. Max Chilton

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. When Formula One came to Australia in 1985 it set up home in Adelaide. However, ex-racer-turned-entrepreneur Bob Jane wanted a race in Melbourne. He created a huge 'thunderdome' and invented the AUSCAR series, bringing NASCAR action to Australia.

The desire to have a race in Melbourne did not wane. Despite the popular end of season slot for the Adelaide race, pressure was growing from the Melbourne motor sport community, and in 1992 Jeff Kennett was elected the new premier of the State of Victoria. He immediately set about improving Melbourne's profile. First on his list was the Australian Grand Prix.

An agreement was reached with Formula One in 1993, but the contract with Adelaide did not expire until 1995, so Kennett had plenty of time to prepare. A track was developed in Melbourne's beautiful Albert Park, part of it using closed-off public roads, and in 1996 the city held the first round of the world championship. Since then the race has become very popular with drivers and fans alike, and the party atmosphere of Melbourne keeps them coming back year after year.

2012 Formula One Australian Grand Prix
    2011 Formula One Australian Grand Prix
    2010 Formula One Australian Grand Prix
    2009 Formula One Australian Grand Prix
    • Like Like x 5
  2. Q

1. Vettel
    2. Raikkonen
    3. Hamilton
    4. Button
    5. Alonso

The greatest show on earth is just about to begin :)
    • Like Like x 3
  3. It's going to be really hot next week in Melbourne so no chance of rain from what I've heard. I wonder if the high temperatures will suit one team more than another - Lotus possibly? I'm not sure..

My prediction for the top five in qualifying is
    1 - Alonso
    2 - Maldonado
    3 - Grosjean
    4 - Bottas
    5 - Vettel

I think things are going to be a bit messed up in the first few races, like we saw at the start of 2012. But I'm one for crazy predictions so dont listen to me :)

It's going to be a Lotus victory, either Kimi or Grosjean. Came to me in a dream last night..
  4. "Oh dear, it happend again" - Professor M

You forgot the poll :D
    • Like Like x 3
  5. Oh Its So good to see the GP Thread back again :D
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Bram

Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Polly added
  7. Jimi Hughes

Jimi Hughes
    RDMCC S6 Champion

Voted Jenson Button, but in all honesty I could not care less who wins, I'm just happy that it is back! Winter is so dull :)
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Bram

I have exchanged Michael Schumacher for Guido vd Garde and will keep voting for him until he wins :)
    • Like Like x 5
  9. Finally! I never can bare waiting this long for F1 :) Voted for Jenson, since he is my second favorite driver (just after Kubica, but he's in WRC). But I have the same opinion as Jimi above, just give me Formula 1 back :D
  10. You better have a comfortable chair, Bram :rolleyes:

Not that I'm any better. I'm voting on Hulkenberg taking pole, win, fastest lap and making Maldonado crash at some point in the race.

And seriously? I expect a surprise podium.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. 2 votes for Chilton :D Somebody is very very optimistic ROFL :D
  12. pointless spending time making threads if only 10% of it stays.
  13. Bram

So Kimi is now the big favorite for the win?
  14. As long as they don't show him those blue flags again, he's got a chance.
  15. Or he doesn't get lost on exit roads around the circuit :p
    • Like Like x 1
  16. I heard Garmin wants to be his personal sponsor for 2013 :D
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Button to win.
  18. Bram

Will be a close battle between Chilton and Vd Garde this race, whaha. We aren't experts, we are wishful thinking fanboys :roflmao:
  19. i just notice that NBCSN will be showing F1 not SPEED hmm
  20. Bram

I still have no clue where and how to watch the first race. Will BBC broadcast this one?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.